any quitters here?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My anniversary is this Wednesday. I made it my NY's resolution in 1979.

I was up to 3 packs a day,snuff,chew AND Swisher Sweets!!

I wasn't any good at trying to kill myself.:2cents:

I never looked back.

Those of you trying to quit--more power to you!

Look at all the ammo money you save!

My anniversary is this Wednesday. I made it my NY's resolution in 1979.

I was up to 3 packs a day,snuff,chew AND Swisher Sweets!!

I wasn't any good at trying to kill myself.:2cents:

I never looked back.

Those of you trying to quit--more power to you!

Look at all the ammo money you save!

Thats the year I was born. Thanks for the encouragement.

Guest abailey362

seven months for me now.....haven't picked a single one up and really don't think about it much.

Made it through christmas at work and that was what i was really worried about....shouldn't have any issues now

I have been smoke free since 2000. and thank god, although i do still have the urges even after this long. especially when im on the bike, i dont know if its some deep smoking biker thing or what but i havnt given in yet.

• 4 months later...
Guest abailey362

almost a year for me now....havent had one since last june....some days are harder than others...but the avings help

Guest mikedwood
I know I want a smoke now, some days more so than others.

Right now I would hot box the hell out of one.

Don't do it Mike. You inspired me to quit when you strated this thread and I didn't last long and soon quit quitting.

Well since then Cigs have went up to where it's ridiculous and there is talk of raising them more. Plus at least for me I can tell at 40 how it is affecting my health. I need to quit again.

I have the Nicorette and plan to maybe next week but it is one wicked addiction.

I did quit Diet Coke though. That can be some bad stuff as well. Cigs are next on my list (again).

quitting is easy, it is the staying quit part that is hard.

I agree. i think quitting is so easy...I used to quit all the time, lol. Seriously I think when you want it bad enough, you can do it...I was up to 3-4 packs a day in 89 when I stopped for good. I tried the nicorette gum and hated ithe taste (was before they had flavors other than ****ty) so that didnt last past oneday. Finally tried, on the recommendation of a dr, cinnamon sticks, from the spice aisle at the grocery store. Worked for me! Filled a couple voids that cigs had filled. Something to stick in your mouth and the finger/hand thing too. Plus the taste aint bad and you can chew them too if you wanna. And they are so much cheaper, lol.

Something to stick in your mouth and the finger/hand thing too.

Way back in the 60's I remember Grampa quitting smoking. He used dowel sticks cut down to cigarette length. They were also stuck in the wooden tips from Havatampa cigars so he could get some tobacco flavor.

Kind of funny but when I quit over a year ago health was the big reason. This time around it is because of the money. if I won the dang lottery I would be back to smoking in about 10 seconds. I really do not want to pay that 5 bucks a pack.

Guest m4coyote

Guys, have you ever given thought to electronic cigarettes? I quit smoking ten weeks ago, and this device has made the experience as pain free as possible. When you inhale on it, the E-cigarette vaporizes a polypropylene glycol liquid (infection fighter & purifier) that contains nicotine. You inhale what feels like smoke, get the nicotine & your choice of flavor, but do not get the other 4000 deadly chemicals from actual smoking. There is no carbon monoxide, arsenic, or other compounds in the e-smoking liquids.

I consulted with my physician before using this product, and was given an enthusiastic two thumbs up. Nicotine has never been proven to cause any disease, but the other chemicals from tobacco combustion certainly do.

You can purchase the liquids in various nicotine strengths & flavors. One 29 mg. bottle of liquid lasts me as long as 2 1/2 or 3 cartons of cigarettes, and costs $29.95 plus a straight $6.00 shipping for an unlimited number of items ordered.

This may not be the right way for you guys to quit cigarettes, but it has worked for me. Let me know if you want more information about my experience with these products. If you guys are interested, I will provide you with links where you can read about and order these items.

Guest tnmale46
Guys, have you ever given thought to electronic cigarettes? I quit smoking ten weeks ago, and this device has made the experience as pain free as possible. When you inhale on it, the E-cigarette vaporizes a polypropylene glycol liquid (infection fighter & purifier) that contains nicotine. You inhale what feels like smoke, get the nicotine & your choice of flavor, but do not get the other 4000 deadly chemicals from actual smoking. There is no carbon monoxide, arsenic, or other compounds in the e-smoking liquids.

I consulted with my physician before using this product, and was given an enthusiastic two thumbs up. Nicotine has never been proven to cause any disease, but the other chemicals from tobacco combustion certainly do.

You can purchase the liquids in various nicotine strengths & flavors. One 29 mg. bottle of liquid lasts me as long as 2 1/2 or 3 cartons of cigarettes, and costs $29.95 plus a straight $6.00 shipping for an unlimited number of items ordered.

This may not be the right way for you guys to quit cigarettes, but it has worked for me. Let me know if you want more information about my experience with these products. If you guys are interested, I will provide you with links where you can read about and order these items.

yeah give me info please thanks

I quit based on this thread. April 15th was a year. I have also been told by a friend that the E-cigs are good stuff. If i ever want to start back enough that is what I will go for.

Edited by Daniel
Guest m4coyote