any quitters here?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

I have been free from tobacco for about 2 months. Nicotine? That's another story. I am chewing the WalMart brand Full Candy Jacket juicy fruit clone. It is a harsh mistress, juicy fruit.

My wife and I quit smoking the first of the year on Chantix. We both took it for 30

days. Every now and then I get the urge and it passes in a few seconds.

I feel a lot better than I have in years.

Guest Sec334

August 1st will be 10yrs for me since I quit. I cannot stand to be in a car or small room with smoke now.

My wife still smokes, but she will go to the garage to smoke.

I didn't know how bad your clothes smell,when I smoked. Now it will just about turn my stomach.

I do believe having the desire to quit is over half the battle. Make up your mind to do it, and see it through.

Guest tnmedic

Thanks to having insurance from the State of Tn, instead of paying the 50 dollar penalty a month for smoking I am quitting this week, thank goodness for Chantix or it would get ugly for my family, friends, co-workers and patients. Good luck to everyone that is trying to quit and good job to those that have successfully quit.

Guest se-real

I smoked for 7 years and quit cold turkey on aug 15th 2008. I tried to smoke one on new years eve. I had like 2 drags off of it and it almost made me sick! I think its about your surroundings. All of my friends smoked and we hung out all the time, therefore it wass very difficult for me to quit. The only time I ever really get the urge to smoke is when im out on the boat fishing. Hang in there, its a long tough road ahead but the reward pays off!

• 2 weeks later...

I guess a couple of ciggies did not ruin me.

I feel no urge to go buy a pack, I am not feeling nicotine withdrawel.

I will catagorize it as a backslide not a total failure.

I don't mind admitting the dang thing tasted good. The next was just overkill.

I do believe having the desire to quit is over half the battle. Make up your mind to do it, and see it through.

This is the biggest thing. You have to really want to quit or your just fighting a losing battle. I quit May 2002 and have never looked back, have not wanted once to pick up another cigarette. I didn't quit cold turkey. I took about five months to quit and it was actually very easy. My last smoke was outside on a rainy night because of the new baby. Here I was smoking the only cigarette I was going to have for the day standing in the rain getting wet and cold. I knew at that point it was not the smartest thing to be doing, put it out half way and have not thought of another since.

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest blackbeltchick

My last smoke was Oct. 31st 2000, six months before my dad pasted away of lung cancer. The things that went wrong are to many to list, but not once did I cheat. I did gain weight, but it's easier to lose weight than to fight cancer. I think you and your wife will enjoy life so much better once you are both free from smoking. You already have a list of benefits to encourage you more. Good luck to the both of you!! Gum and a punching bag works wonders! That's GUM not GUN ! :wall:

I don't/didn't want to quit. I just flat out can't afford 6 bucks a day for the things.

I started stuffing my own because of the cost. plus I cut down a little by having to go stuff one before smoking it. I also never make too many at a time so when I'm out I have to conserve them.. :wall:

I need to quit too.. tried so many times I have lost count. It's comming soon tho becasue every time I stop for a few days I feel so much better.

Anyway.. Good luck!!

Guest tonybon

i quit about 9 years ago cold turkey. when you feel the need to smoke go shoot something. its cheeper and better for ya to. hang in their you can do it.

One thing I notice anymore is how much them freaking things stink. And how the odor permeates the person who was doing the puffing.

There are a few smokers at work. I can smell it the minute I walk in the warehouse if one of them has lit up recently. And it does not make me want one. Looking at their ashtray does not make them appealing either.

The only time I want one is if I am drinking. So I avoid that for the most part too.

I am glad the have banned smoking indoors pretty much anyplace you can go now.

Now if they could only keep them away from the doorways.

Guest pjblurton

I am glad the have banned smoking indoors pretty much anyplace you can go now.

Now if they could only keep them away from the doorways.

Perspective sure is something, ain't it?

I have always been tolerant of others rights to smoke if they want even though I detest the smell. I was never so happy to see restaurants go "non-smoking". I have never smoked, but I empathise with the smokers who have to wait to light up.