Gunshot Heard Around the Gun Show

I was standing about 20 feet away when it happened. Sounds like he brought in his loaded CCW and decided to take it out to show a dealer. Not sure about that. I never got the actual story before I left the show, but that's what Channel 8 says.

Man accidentally shoots himself in the hand at Gun Show

I've never witnessed a Negligent Discharge at a gun show before. I don't want to again.

Will

ETA: Moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, please accept my apologies and move it to the appropriate place.

Edited by Clod Stomper

Very bad press.

We are suppose to be responsible gun owners. I hope this person has a CCW permit. Or maybe it's better if not?

Apparently he lied at the gate since I've never been to a show that required owners to unload and the gate people wire-tie the gun inoperable.

He did many things wrong. I don't know what model gun he was carrying, but I would bet that it was a trigger safety "safety-less" gun. I would never carry a gun without a safety. I know, "the best safety is between your ears" Bla bla bla. IMHO they are dangerous.

Stupid Games.. stupid prizes..

Seriously.. Glad he only shot himself.. that will teach him to follow rules. Then again.. if he handles a gun in a way where it can go off while being taken out of a holster.. he might not need a gun .....

And i understand that some holsters are known to have the gun go off.. for whatever reason.. but jebus dude.. sneaking a gun into a gun show.. KNOWING it suppose to be cleared.. what else do you do or not do when told .. even if its for our ( and yours) safety..

Moron... serves you right....

He did many things wrong. I don't know what model gun he was carrying, but I would bet that it was a trigger safety "safety-less" gun. I would never carry a gun without a safety. I know, "the best safety is between your ears" Bla bla bla. IMHO they are dangerous.

A manual safety may not have prevented this either. To shoot yourself in the hand, you have to break several safety rules.

Guest bkelm18

If someone is stupid enough to have a ND, no amount of safety would stop them. Of course guns are dangerous, but they are no more dangerous than what you make them. You brain is the greatest safety you have. You wanna know how to prevent any and all negligent discharges? Keep your damn finger off the trigger. I've carried a safety-less gun for almost 8 yrs now. It has never magically gone off all by itself.

Sounds like an exciting show along with the shoplifter.

Glad I was only present for the shoplifter.

The thief could have shot himself, that might have been entertaining.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one at the show with one in the chamber, given the way it was posted. But he seems to be the only one who decided to draw it and go all ND on us.

I am curious about the path of the bullet. You know his hand barley slowed it down no matter what caliber it was. I bet it came really close to a lot of people. Last show I went to they had a sign that read if there was a bullet in the gun, the gun belonged to them, and it was wire tied open. Safety or not, one thing we can all agree on is that this guy is an idiot.

You have to do more than one thing wrong to shoot yourself, or any other unintended target.

Guest DeadEye

OMG! All this false info! I was there when the shoplifter was arrested he was trying to steal a handgun also he is a felon and it was a dealer who shot himself with his own CC Gun he was in pain when he was put in the Ambulance, sad but i hope he will be banned and fined!

I'm pretty sure he wasn't the only one at the show with one in the chamber, given the way it was posted. But he seems to be the only one who decided to draw it and go all ND on us.

How it is posted is irrelevant. It is illegal to carry in a Knoxville city park. Guess where the Jacobs building is?