Young woman raped in Vanderbilt parking garage

Guest Lester Weevils

I guess if somebody is 21 and not otherwise disqualified, they should be able to get a permit and carry on campus. And just put up with whatever happens. Can't think of any better practical and fair solution. And also wish really really hard that not much bad will happen.

Maybe nothing bad really would happen. The fuddy-duddies always predicted that shall issue laws will turn every downtown into frontier Dodge City and they were wrong.

Ain't tryin to abridge anybody's rights, but it is a fact that folks ain't quite grown up at age 21.

In the old days a couple of times I received generous offers to have my butt kicked for free, from fellers of legal age who thought I was dating their girl, when as far as I could tell, the girl in question had no clue they had ever agreed to be that other guy's girl. Along the same lines, sometimes I had gals real mad at me for exactly what I never quite managed to figure out.

Maybe we could write a law that people become qualified to get carry permits only after the testosterone or estrogen level falls below ten thousand percent of the population average? :)

Edited by Lester Weevils
Same here....just think how dangerous that place would be without the gunbuster signs and Barney Fife security staff.

Vanderbilt does not employ "Barney Fife" security. Every Vanderbilt Security Officer works for Metro police and is a Metro policeman. They are not Security Officers. They are employed by Vanderbilt through Metro Police.

Vanderbilt does not employ "Barney Fife" security. Every Vanderbilt Security Officer works for Metro police and is a Metro policeman. They are not Security Officers. They are employed by Vanderbilt through Metro Police.

They are actually their own PD. Just like TSU. Unless this changed very recently.

Guest bkelm18

Good point!

Common sense is more important than age. Intensive firearm training above what is currently required by TN for HCP should be a start for campus carry.

So you're ok with campus carry but not church carry? :rolleyes: And stop with this more stringent training required to get an HCP. We all know you're a Brady fanboy.

Guest wallyiv

Honestly when I was in college most as in 90% would have had too much alcohol in their system to carry a firearm.

When I drink I don't carry. Same rules apply to them if they are in school or not.

Guest deadsquirrel

I have carried since I turned 18 (Indiana). Never had a problem and have been actively shooting handguns since I was 10. Maturity has little to do with age

This is a stupid law that keeps people with handgun carry permits from carrying at any schools in TN. The law needs to be changed. What difference does it make if I am carrying at Kroger or a school? Nothing but hype and emotion that keeps the state from changing the law.

Maybe nothing bad really would happen. The fuddy-duddies always predicted that shall issue laws will turn every downtown into frontier Dodge City and they were wrong...

There are approximately 70 campuses across the country that allow CC (including the entire state of UT) and there has never been a single firearm-related incident with a permit holder. There's plenty of proof already that nothing will happen, and that even college students with permits are far less likely to break the law than average citizens without permits.

• Like 1