Girl scout cookies

tercel89

I just made a beer run to the store. I was approached by some girls selling girls scout cookies. Now I am a 38 yr old father and I have a 14 yr old and a 4 yr old. I would love to help them and all but why do they always sell the "premanufacured cookies" ? I know they can get them cheap and all but even though I am only 38 yrs old , I am old fashioned. If they would make the cookies from scratch with their moms and such I would pay DOUBLE!!!!! My son was in the cub scouts and I know the dues and all. But if they would just make the cookies them selves and that would even bring "mom and daughter " togather even closer. I would buy a CRAP LOAD!!!!!! Just my simple observation and what I think.

You know damn good & well that there is regulation out there to protect us from just such things, do these moms have inspected certified commercial kitchens?

Seriously these moms could be put in jail if they attempted such a thing.

These moms would leave me licking the box! Opps !!!! Did I say that ???? !!! hahahahaha!!!!!

Guest Lester Weevils

Yeah they would get in all kinds of trouble making and selling unregulated foodstuffs.

Haven't had any GS cookies for years. Maybe they taste different now. Used-to-be, a couple of the GS cookie types tasted pretty good. If I would open a box and eat one, next thing ya know the box would be empty. Thats why I quit buying them. The cookies are so addictive, maybe they put drugs in em. [joking]

+1

I can see it now, Girl Scouts abolished due to home made cookies. Intercity child gets sick on oatmeal raisin cookie. Poor black family wins lawsuit against the Girl Scout Foundation, millions awarded.

Enjoy Church bake sales while you can before Big Sis swings the hammer down on them.

Guest Star1021Scott

It's the thin mints that always get me....On a side note, my wife buys a ton of these from people she works with. Everywhere I go out in town the girl scouts are their parents are set up, at least I can legitimately say I have a pantry full of them and don't feel remorse for not buying any.

Edited by Star1021Scott
Guest Lester Weevils

Thin mints are certainly evil but the peanut butter chocolate cookies are definitely a commie conspiracy. Am not a self-disciplined person and it was aurprising to successfully swear off them. The first step in curing an addiction is to admit that one has a problem. You look on the package and can plainly read that the little box of cookies contains 47 zillion calories. You bow to the inevitability that once the cellophane is broken, they will all be consumed within a few minutes. So the only solution is to never pop the cellophane. :)

Guest lostpass

I like the idea of home made cookies. Cause even if they are sucky cookies (and the cookies a lot of people make are sucky) the notion that the little girl and her mom or dad working together is a nice idea.

In the end I think it would make a lot less money for the girl scouts. Say every girl scout makes 144 cookies. that's a dozen dozen! Honestly, that is a little overboard. Most folks won't make that much. So you buy six boxes worth (that's the entire out put of one scout). But the scout I bought cookies off of was selling way more than she could've possibly made. We are talking 40 boxes by the time she cot to my house. Heck, I bought eight boxes. Much more profitable, I am guessing to let a big factory that can handle the demand than to base production on compliance.

Unopened box of samoas on the fridge right now. Milk in fridge. Just waiting on the box to be cracked then they're history.

Waiting for wife to open and eat the first one so I don't get the blame for the whole box

I like that method.

I may have to try that on the third and fourth box hidden in the cabinet.

Guest mustangdave

Sure, blame TGO for you having the munchies at 4:20, the time of your post. :yum:

OK...and I'll blame my son Justin who's 1500 miles away in LasVegas too...for talking about THIN MINTS on Facebook.

I'm a little bit weird. When I am approached to buy Girl Scout cookies, I will just give them some money and tell them to give the cookies to someone else. Being a semi-fitness freak, there is no way I would eat them.