22 Target Pistol, which one?

lshel

For the money the Ruger. But there are a lot of Hi Standards, SIG Trailsides and S&W 422 for the same money if you look.

I have a Norinco copy of a Walther Olympia that is a very acccurate for undr $300.00. I saw a nice Browning Nomad the other day

for 350.00.

Hmm, if you are talking kids, I'd go with a Beretta Neos or Walther P22 as they work better with smaller hands.

If you are talking teenagers and adults, I'd go with the Buckmark or a used High Standard. I'm partial to guns that will still be useful 100 years from now. Any High Standard .22 pistol would fit that bill, as would a S&W M41 or Colt Woodsman. The Ruger MKI and MKII are also sturdy and well-built. I don't have any experience with the newer models.

Thanks to eveyone for your comments. I looked for a used Ruger Mark II or III at gun show in Lebanon and in local gunshops. None were available.

So I bought a new Mark III with 5" bull barrel and adjustable sights. I will try it out this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks again TGO

Thanks to eveyone for your comments. I looked for a used Ruger Mark II or III at gun show in Lebanon and in local gunshops. None were available.

So I bought a new Mark III with 5" bull barrel and adjustable sights. I will try it out this evening or tomorrow.

Thanks again TGO

awful choice. I'll trade you a P22 for it just to relieve your anguish :pleased:

• Like 1

I shot 150 rounds, no mis-feeds, etc. Grouped very good with three different brands of ammo: Winchester standard, Remington cheap , & CCI Mini-mag.

CCI grouped the tightest. I then tool it apart to clean. I thought the Mark II was bad, the Mark III is a pain. I finally reread instructions for the forth time and inserted the magazine so the hammer would move full vertical, then it went back together. I hope it is easier the next disassembly and assembly. I assume the magazine disconnect feacture was the problem.

How often do you clean you clean after shooting? I am ex-military and I clean each time. I heard that it was not good for the 22 bore, is that true?

I clean my mark 2 about every 500 rounds. Cleaning, done right, should not harm the gun. You should not be using anything hard enough to damage steel, should be a brass rod or softer (I use a wooden dowel usually) and a brass brush (if needed) or just cloth patches (normally all you need).

I know it says you're looking for a pistol but I just have to throw in how much I love my new Ruger Single-Ten. It's a single action 10 shot revolver. It has factory adjustable fiber optic sights. I posted some pics on here the day I bought it. I have fell in love with this gun.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx

I have the New Model Ruger Single Six with a 6" barrel and absolutely love it. It's a very solid/high quality revolver and comes with a .22 lr and .22 mag cylinder. And talk about accurate....

If you get back on the market for another .22 the Single Six should be at the top of your consideration list.

The Single Six is the same as a Single Ten, they just have a 6 round capacity vs. a 10 round capacity.

Edited by Seabeejason