Wife's new Grocery Getter

After Kia at Hickory Hollow treated my wife bad when I was away, I told them to shove their Sorrento where the sun does not shine and traded up to this, 2012 King Ranch Expedition we are now totally an American made car family and could not be happier!

IMG_3246.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

I would have made that choice,also, seeing that there still a few things I can do with a Ford

that I would have difficulty with a Kia. Nice!

These furin cars seem to almost all be made in the USA, well, final assembly, that is.

You mean Mr. "Don't-you-leave-till-you-see-me" wasn't hospitable?

No it was the service guys, the Kia kept giving my wife problems and those guys were jerks to my wife about it, Two Rivers Ford has earned me as a lifetime customer

Wow! Huge difference bertween the 5800lb Expedition (made in Kentucky) and the 3800lb Sorento (made in Georgia)!!

Even though they are made in Georgia, do you actually believe that their profits stay in America or that they go to Korea. Just think about the designers, the Engineers and several other people that live in Korea that make money off of a car assembled in Georgia

Thanks, we love it now my wife has one as nice as mine so i don't feel guilty!

That's a very good point. Always keep her happy with the vehicle she has to drive. Mine has driven any old thing I happened to think was right for us without complaint. When we had to get her a newer car after the 2010 flooding, I told her to pick what she wanted this time. I have to admit, I was really surprised at her choice. It wasn't as nice, I thought, as what I had in mind for her.

So I told her just that. We went and looked at my choice. She didn't want it. Wasn't a question of pricing. Just wasn't what she'd picked for herself.

As you'd guess. Her choice is in the drive.

She then started telling me to get something nicer to replace mine; a 98 Chevy Blazer. And didn't let up til I did get something last summer. And I still feel guilty about it. I think I came out way ahead on the deal. but she's happy.

Therefore, I'm happy.

Isn't it nice when things work out like that? And I still get to buy guns without too much commentary.

Even though they are made in Georgia, do you actually believe that their profits stay in America or that they go to Korea. Just think about the designers, the Engineers and several other people that live in Korea that make money off of a car assembled in Georgia

I know that this isn't the place...Nice truck by the way.

But profits <> revenue

Guest Sgt. Joe

Those are some good looking Fords.

I have only ever had one bad Ford in my life and that was an 88 Tempo, just couldnt keep that thing out of the shop. I got out of it at about18K miles and probably 8-9 extended stays in the shop, The motor mount broke at 18K and I told them to fix it and that they could keep it. I took some cash and bought an older Crown Vic. But other than that one I have loved my Ford and Lincoln products.

And folks are right about the ferin cars that are made here, they do create American jobs but the profits still go back overseas.

And if we think about it, back in the day for those old enough to remember such a thing, The main reason that the ferin cars stayed popular other than MPG was because they were all a whole lot cheaper than the American made ones. Now days even though quality has come up on all vehicles a lot of them ferin cars are mighty expensive compared to American made ones, it is no wonder that they can afford to build them here and pay American wages. They are making more off of their vehicles because they dont for the most part have the retirement funds to pay into and while it may not be much per vehicle they are saving most of the shipping costs for each one that they once had.

I am currently driving two Chryslers and have been for several years because I could not find anything else at the time that suited my needs and that Tempo was the first and last new car that I ever bought. I cant complain about the Chryslers but only because for the first time in my life an extended warranty paid off for me on my van.

Route 66 Warranty company treated me like gold while we basically rebuilt a van that the first owner obviously only ever drove. That company never once flinched on any of the many repairs we made to the van and now it has 120K on it but most major parts have half or less than that. My Town and Country Van is very nice but was made in Canada and the wife's "have to have one" PT cruiser was made in Mexico. I dont really like that car but she does and that I guess is all that counts along with it has not had any problems.

Only my little Ranger truck was made in the US and other than being so small I love it, I just wish I could have afforded a full size one at the time.

I am happy that we are getting the factories for those ferin cars because they are good jobs for those folks and revenue for the states but I also know full well better that it wasnt done for the benefit of the American worker, the American buyer or our country's benefit. Still it is better to have those factories than to not have them.

Now if we could only get the Chinese to cooperate on widgets :rolleyes:

I'd like it too.....till the gas tank ran low! :stunned:

Nice looking pair of vehicles.

Yes it definately hurts at the gas pumps, thankfully I am blessed in the respect that it is not an issue for me. My European co workers all pay triple what I do for fuel and drive tiny cars so i guess i look at it differently than most of you so I take advantage of this and it pisses them off! The Expedition has a 28 Gallon tank and my truck has a 36 gallon tank so while the trips to the gas station are expensive they are not that frequent.

Edited by willis68

Not to veer off topic, but I drive an '03 F150 and it hurts to fill it up, but I'm more than willing to pay $5-6 for gas temporarily if it will remove the current liar-in-chief from the premises of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!!

Not to veer off topic, but I drive an '03 F150 and it hurts to fill it up, but I'm more than willing to pay $5-6 for gas temporarily if it will remove the current liar-in-chief from the premises of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!!

Absolutely!

This one was special ordered with tan interior, we like it much better than he Brown

Yeah most people don't like it. If you need any miscellaneous parts from a ford parts store I can maybe help you with a small discount. I haven't talked to my old employers (dealership) in a year or so.

Yeah most people don't like it. If you need any miscellaneous parts from a ford parts store I can maybe help you with a small discount. I haven't talked to my old employers (dealership) in a year or so.

I appreciate that, thank you!

No it was the service guys, the Kia kept giving my wife problems and those guys were jerks to my wife about it, Two Rivers Ford has earned me as a lifetime customer

That's odd. I've always found Two Rivers extremely high on their auto prices, and their service department??? The most dishonest of the bunch.

Guest jkintn

That's odd. I've always found Two Rivers extremely high on their auto prices, and their service department??? The most dishonest of the bunch.

I've been to Two Rivers twice - once in an attempt to buy a vehicle and pricing was decent but vehicle wasn't exactly what I wanted. Second time was for service - basic oil change and tire rotation which was fine but when I asked about another issue with my Explorer (an issue widely known), the service rep just said "never heard of it".

Now Bates Ford in Lebanon is another story. I bought a new vehicle from them and was subsequently lied to by three different people including the General Mgr and the Owner (Tony Bates). I will never step foot in there again and advised everyone I know that is looking at Fords to avoid them as well.

Don't know what to tell you except I saved nearly $7K on my Raptor and a few grand on the King Ranch. The guys are the most professional group I have ever seen. They treat us like a company should and have earned my buisness and my families for life

Guest jkintn

Don't know what to tell you except I saved nearly $7K on my Raptor and a few grand on the King Ranch. The guys are the most professional group I have ever seen. They treat us like a company should and have earned my buisness and my families for life

I love that Raptor. I live in MJ as well. I've seen a black one near me but haven't seen your blue one yet. If not for gas and trying to fit it in my garage, I would have one.