Goodmans Gun Show Mar.17 & 18

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad is coming down this weekend, if we don't end up going shooting we may stop by to have a look around.

My "gun fund" is depleted thanks to the new safe, impending tile floors and now a new microwave.

Grunt, PM me with that you are trying to sell, I'll see how deep dad's pockets are.

Edited by gunrunner32

Dad is coming down this weekend, if we don't end up going shooting we may stop by to have a look around.

My "gun fund" is depleted thanks to the new safe, impending tile floors and now a new microwave.

Grunt, PM me with that you are trying to sell, I'll see how deep dad's pockets are.

Tks, PM sent,

Larry

I am planning on going, Not buying another gun unless it is a real good deal. I am mainly looking for some cheaper .223/5.56 ammo, maybe some .40 cal.

Bringing a friend or 2 from work.

Can you really get ammo cheaper at the gun show? I usually buy from Walmart.

Guest Broomhead

Dad and I are going tomorrow, Sun. I have something I want to try and sell, plus I just need to get away from the wife and kids for a bit.

Just got back from the show. They are still charging $5 for parking. $8 admiss. Good size crowd there today.

Sold the pistol I went there to sell at a decent price.

Bought a couple of cleaning swabs & a book, about to starve, so I hot footed it back to Lebanon to

KFC. Man, that fried chicken was good.

Priced a Walther PPQ 40 S&W with one dealer. A bit pricey. Think I can do better. Maybe next week

at Hendersonville.

Great day to be out & about, regardless.

It’s $509 at Buds, how much was it there?

Did you price the PPS?

Dave, I priced the only one at the show, at a dealer from Cleveland. Tagged at $569,

$620 out the door. I declined.

One of our former Deputies has his FFL. Gonna get a price from him this week, plus

availability. Hear they're sometimes in short supply.

No interest in the PPS.

Guest rockytop

I am in Birmingham also. I agree, ammo tables were pretty crowded. Ammo dealers were calling for "price increases April 1" and moaning that "shortages are inevitable". There was still probably 125-150 people in ticket line when I left about 11:30 A.M. Lots of people inside, but not overly crowded. Plenty of room and big wide aisles. These people know how to put on a show. They had at least 6 officers (two lines) checking and tying firearms plus two ticket takers at opening time.They are the best shows I have ever attended.

Can you really get ammo cheaper at the gun show? I usually buy from Walmart.

Sometimes if you shop around you can get some deals on ammo at the shows. I found a 22 round clip( mag) for my Glock for less than a stock 13 rd clip( mag) that comes with the gun. Most guns were pricey, ammo was selling good. I got some Tula .223 ammo just to try it out. I think Online is the best way though, or buy out of state if you're out of state. Only thing bad about buying online is the shipping. But we can't always win. Wal mart sometimes has good deals on ammo. Not always, but sometimes. I check every time i'm in my town's store.

Guest Broomhead

Sold my Cobray Leinad DD for about what I was wanting (bottom dollar), $80. I was satisfied. Decent crowd after things got going this morning.

Edited by Broomhead
Guest drwright6

I went to Birmingham as well and had a great time. I have always done well at that show and yesterday was no different. I got a nice deal on some .223 and picked up a new AR. It was a BIG show.