Don't think this is how the "stand your ground law" works

Guest peacexxl

Guest 6.8 AR

It's not a matter of how many people vote, it only matters who counts the votes.

And the company charged with counting a lot of the votes has some interesting ties. Headquartered

overseas, too.

Not to get this back on topic, but Zimmerman's lawyers just quit as his counsel.... and is holding a press conference. I don't think I've heard of a lawyer doing that before. Doesn't seem like a good idea for future business.

Guest 6.8 AR

Did he ever retain them as his attorneys? I saw them on Hannity, but I don't know what their fiduciary relationship was. The link on Drudge doesn't say much, except that Zimmerman contacted DA Corey, and says nothing other about their relationship. They even went on to say they stick to what they said on Hannity. Confusing!

Edited by 6.8 AR

Did he ever retain them as his attorneys? I saw them on Hannity, but I don't know what their fiduciary relationship was.

I'm just assuming they were doing this out of pocket. I doubt he'll have issues finding another big shot team of lawyers willing to represent him for peanuts. I'm just shocked that these lawyers are holding a press conference. This is something I would think they'd want to keep private. Who's gonna want a lawyer making a public scene after "dumping" their client?

Guest 6.8 AR

Yeh, since they can't disparage their "client" without problems of their own. Curious.

There is a lot more going on here, and we will find out in a decade or two.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Why in the world would any legitimate top flight attorney take this case pro bono?

Assuming he is charged with Martin"s death something like this is easily going to cost 100k, probably more.

A top of the tier attorney is worth what they cost if they get you out of the charges. Them guys don't work for free.

i don't know who else watched it. Last time I looked, CNN didn't have the whole video, probably because it didn't fit their agenda. The one attorney did a good job of defending Zimmerman AND the Florida gun laws. He is a permit holder. He also called everybody out for the race baiting.

Edited by mikegideon

Not to get this back on topic, but Zimmerman's lawyers just quit as his counsel.... and is holding a press conference. I don't think I've heard of a lawyer doing that before. Doesn't seem like a good idea for future business.

From what I gather, the attorneys dumped him because he cut off contact, wouldn't return phone calls, disappeared, but did call Hannity and the prosecutor. Allegedly, the lawyers said they would continue to represent him if he chose to cooperate with them again.

Last hope, as usual, is Jon Stewart.

If Stewart is our only hope, this country is seriously screwed. That douche can't make up his mind on whether he is a comedian, political pundit, or journalist. I strongly suspect that the only reason he cares at all is because he can shoot his mouth off about it and get ratings.

• Like 1

How was Zimmerman following this kid keeping and eye on him so confrontational? If I am not doing anything wrong you can follow me all day, it might be a little boring but I could care less. If I am walking thru a neighborhood and someone stops me or follows me good for them. They can accuse me all they want, so what. If I decide I am going to fight someone over something as minor as being followed or harassed I may get more than I bargened for.

I cut a guy off on the interstate one day accidentally. He followed me and harressed me for miles. If I had stopped and attacked him and he shot me would it have been his fault?

Mark

Guest lostpass

If Stewart is our only hope, this country is seriously screwed. That douche can't make up his mind on whether he is a comedian, political pundit, or journalist. I strongly suspect that the only reason he cares at all is because he can shoot his mouth off about it and get ratings.

Stewart is only one thing and that is a ratings kind of guy. You get to stay on TV, radio, or write books if you're profitable. I think NPR might be an exception but other than that and self funded blogs, everyone is trying to cater to a market.

That one lawyer explained zimmerman's entire defense on live TV and the scumbag media buried it. Can't find it anywhere. Last hope, as usual, is Jon Stewart. He blasted them last night for editing the 911 tape.

The forty minute video was on AOL a few minutes ago.

Guest Lester Weevils

I cut a guy off on the interstate one day accidentally. He followed me and harressed me for miles. If I had stopped and attacked him and he shot me would it have been his fault?

Hi Mark

My guess in that case is that there would have been plenty of blame to go around. Plenty for both of you. How you actually responded sounds very sensible however. People don't always make sense, and being an idiot isn't necessarily criminal. Though sometimes one can go to jail for pure stupidity.

Edited by Lester Weevils

Hi Mark

My guess in that case is that there would have been plenty of blame to go around. Plenty for both of you. How you actually responded sounds very sensible however. People don't always make sense, and being an idiot isn't necessarily criminal. Though sometimes one can go to jail for pure stupidity.

Agreed, and it sounds as if both parties could have maybe avoided this confrontation. My point is if you go around looking for a reason to fight you better be armed because sooner or later someone else will be. You are correct it is not a against the law to be an idiot and stupidity can cause you to go to jail or it can get you killed.