"Questionable" Business Dealings

Wanted to get different opinions on this.

So my buddy bought a rifle from an internet based firearm business. When he order the rifle, it was out of stock so he figured it'd just be back ordered since the buy button was still active. The owner sent a nice ranting email to him today, complaining about him ordering something that was marked "Out of Stock" and said if he wanted a refund he would require a 15% restocking fee for something they didn't even have in stock.

A email was then sent to the owner, stating that he'd rather wait for the firearm instead of getting his money back. And wouldn't you know it a 11 lb box is headed to a FFL in Knoxville right now.

My mind went automatically to this business is stocking, "hoarding", firearms so they can raise their prices when the great Obama scare is fully underway.

Thoughts?

It wasn't in TN, but I won't name them. No one is complaining, as long as the rifle gets here alright. Just weird to me that the owner sends a crazy email, then a few hours later there is a tracking # for the rifle. It was for a M&P 15 Sport.

Guest drwright6

I ordered a Beretta PX4 Storm from CTD that was showing "in-stock". The next day I got an email saying my order had been canceled and my credit card was not charged. Later that same day it was back in-stock for $40 more. I'm not saying they were trying to scam me, but it did piss me off that they didn't back-order it for the ....oh....4 hours. I ended up ordering from grabagun and had zero issues. I'm glad your buddy got the gun he wanted at the price he wanted to pay.

Guest 6.8 AR

You know, it could be a simple misunderstanding. The owner could have looked at the

wrong item and simply goofed. Been nice if he sent an email explaining that, but stuff

does happen like that. It's happened to me, too. All that matters though, is he made it good.

It wasn't in TN, but I won't name them. No one is complaining, as long as the rifle gets here alright. Just weird to me that the owner sends a crazy email, then a few hours later there is a tracking # for the rifle. It was for a M&P 15 Sport.

So why not tell us who the vendor is so that we can all make more informed choices on who we buy from?

• Like 1
I ordered a Beretta PX4 Storm from CTD that was showing "in-stock". The next day I got an email saying my order had been canceled and my credit card was not charged. Later that same day it was back in-stock for $40 more. I'm not saying they were trying to scam me, but it did piss me off that they didn't back-order it for the ....oh....4 hours. I ended up ordering from grabagun and had zero issues. I'm glad your buddy got the gun he wanted at the price he wanted to pay.

that's because CTD doesn't stock any guns. They drop ship from two different distributors. CTD processes the money and that is it. They never see the gun you ordered.

So why not tell us who the vendor is so that we can all make more informed choices on who we buy from?

You are completely right, I was waiting for him to get the rifle first and being a little silly I guess. Which was received in fine condition, minus one magazine; but that is small potatoes. G&R Tactical is the name. I bought from them last year, and had no issues for what that is worth.

Edited by wewoapsiak

Unfortunately, there is no test that one must pass in order to start a business - just as there isn't one for parenting.

It could be that dude is disorganized and having a bad day. It doesn't forgive his email rant, but can explain it. What there is no excuse for is threatening a resocking fee for something that isn't in stock. What my guess is: the guy gets charged by the credit card company to run a purchase for something he doesn't have, and since he thinks he doesn't have it he wants to recoup his time and money. It's certainly a poor business practice.