Tennessee Lemon Law

Guest 6.8 AR

To the dealer, or to Jeep(whatever name they go by, now)? It depends on where the runaround is

coming from. Maybe the region's supervisor can help. That's the way I understand to deal with Ford

with problems like this. Some dealers are just plain bad to deal with.

If Magiccarpetrides doesn't respond, send him a PM. He knows his stuff on the matter.

*Humph* And people wonder why I prefer Toyota over anything american made. That's ridiculous. You're not the only one. I have several customers that were primo pissed off with Chryslers lifetime drivetrain warranty. I have no first hand XP in the matter, but I trust my customers and more than one have said it's a friggin JOKE.

Personally, I'm to the point that I believe American car companies are a joke. Sure they'll toss you a bone like the Raptor or the challenger but as a whole.....I'll take a Honda or Toyota.

Sorry for your woes. Would that I could help!

Guest 6.8 AR

I guess you've been here,

http://tn.gov/consumer/lemon.shtml

A "Lemon" is a motor vehicle sold or leased after January 1, 1987, that has a defect or condition that substantially impairs the motor vehicle; and the manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer cannot repair the vehicle after three attempts or the vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of 30 or more days during the term of protection. This Law is only applicable if the vehicle was bought new. Under the statute, the manufacturer must replace the motor vehicle or refund the purchase price (less a reasonable allowance for use).

Yes, I've studied all the info available and it looks like the next steps are:

1. File complaint with TN Atty Gen. Consumer Affairs Division

2. File complaint with the TN Motor Vehicle Commission

3. File complaint with the Better Business Bureau

4. Get a lemon law attorney and file a civil suit

Guest 6.8 AR

I guess at this point, all of the above. Sorry to hear of your woes. I've never had a problem like this.

I would be mad as Hell at the dealer. Hope to hear some good news soon.

Guest 6.8 AR

So, Chrysler is the bad guy. They should know the laws about this stuff. And they should also deal with

it proactively. That's disappointing. Take the stuff off the TN.gov site to the dealer and ask them to follow

up with Chrysler and see. It might save some legal fees. Worth trying, anyway.

So, Chrysler is the bad guy. They should know the laws about this stuff. And they should also deal with

it proactively. That's disappointing. Take the stuff off the TN.gov site to the dealer and ask them to follow

up with Chrysler and see. It might save some legal fees. Worth trying, anyway.

Yeah, I have a call in to the GM. Hopefully he can do something to get it resolved. After almost always having a jeep in my driveway, this may be the last one. Seems anything that could be made with 1 part has 3 or 4.

Edited by sigmtnman

What's wrong with the vehicle?

Well, there are a number of things wrong with it, but the issue I am referring to above, would be the water leaking into the passenger compartment and ponding in the floor. It's so bad that it is causing rust.

Edited by sigmtnman

Wasn't Chrysler picked up by FIAT? I have a 2011 Dodge and read where some RAM owners are having similar headaches dealing with repairs. Rumor I heard in efforts to save costs FIAT wants to drop the Cummins diesel and implant their own diesel in the HD Rams.

Think hondas are sound vehicles? Google about the transmission problems owners have been experiencing.

Edited by Dad03

Wasn't Chrysler picked up by FIAT?

Fix It Again Tony?

Technically, I think Chrysler owns or they are joined with Fiat under some multi-national conglomerate under the same name.

Who knows who makes what anymore?

Edited by Garufa

If Magiccarpetrides doesn't respond, send him a PM. He knows his stuff on the matter.

*Humph* And people wonder why I prefer Toyota over anything american made. That's ridiculous. You're not the only one. I have several customers that were primo pissed off with Chryslers lifetime drivetrain warranty. I have no first hand XP in the matter, but I trust my customers and more than one have said it's a friggin JOKE.

Personally, I'm to the point that I believe American car companies are a joke. Sure they'll toss you a bone like the Raptor or the challenger but as a whole.....I'll take a Honda or Toyota.

Sorry for your woes. Would that I could help!

Had a new 2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4 CRD for a few years and had nothing but problems. Had several escalations to Chrysler Corp for which they did actually pick up the tab on some outrageous repair bills immediately after it went out of warranty. Rubber striping and plastic pieces were always falling off as well. It was my wife's car and traded it for a Toyota 4Runner and never looked back. I also have a Toyota Tundra which has been flawless. It's built in Texas and has more parts sourced in North America than most other American trucks on the road. I'm with you on America cars. After getting burned on the Jeep I was done.

Had a new 2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4 CRD for a few years and had nothing but problems. Had several escalations to Chrysler Corp for which they did actually pick up the tab on some outrageous repair bills immediately after it went out of warranty. Rubber striping and plastic pieces were always falling off as well. It was my wife's car and traded it for a Toyota 4Runner and never looked back. I also have a Toyota Tundra which has been flawless. It's built in Texas and has more parts sourced in North America than most other American trucks on the road. I'm with you on America cars. After getting burned on the Jeep I was done.

Judging by your name I would have figured you drove the same thing I do!

After a very bad experience with a Ford back in the mid 1990s, I vowed never to buy another car from an American company. I hated doing that, but if I am going to spend that kind of money, I want something with quality. Since then, I have owned a Toyota and an Acura, and they have both been perfect.

Hearing stories like this, I know I made the right decision.

Guest db99wj

Roof leaks in Jeep JK's are probably 99% of the time user error. With a Hard top, you have 3 pieces that fit together and the rubber gaskets can easily become creased incorrectly, alignment can be off, etc that will cause leaks. Soft tops can be creased when taking down improperly that leave gaps in the rubber gaskets and leave openings for water to get through.

However, the problem that is mentioned above with the OP, is something that happens on occasion. I almost believe that something is tweaked with the frame and allowing for a gap to open up near the A pillar. Just a wild guess.

I have no experience in the leak that he is talking about and has been reported by others and the same thing happens, they go to the dealer and they can't figure it out. My hardtop would leak on occasion, but usually if I repositioned the Freedom tops, that would solve it.

With my used 2007 softop, I have a leak coming down beside me, but I don't have the updated windshield channel and it is allowing not only wind (horribly loud and whistles), but water to come in, go down the windshield and drip into the cabin. I've got to replace the header with the new design and was about to order one, but had to spend that money on a new battery.

These tops beat the hell out of the old ones, at least in my old 89 Wrangler YJ and the seals are crucial in these as they were in other vehicles over the years, like Grand Am's, Iroc Z's, sunroofs in my old Nissan Maxima.

To the OP, hope you get everything figured out and fixed/replaced. Whatever issue is causing that, wish they could figure out.

check your paper work an see if you signed a arbitration agreement.if so that might be an issue, because if you signed it you agreed that a third party known as arbitrator will be the decider not a judge.