What do you carry?

Guest thejoshdavis

Well as soon as I get my permit I'll be carrying my Sig sp2022. For now I'll just carry it around the house and on hikes on my property.

IMAG_0083.jpg

I have been looking at those. How do you like it? What caliber is yours?
Guest Victor9er

Most of the time a Glock G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck with Speer Gold Dots.

If I'm feeling "saucy" I might take the G22 out and about, uses the same holster. Also has Speer Gold Dots as well.

Guest Lester Weevils

Carry Kahr P9 in pocket holster. The P9 lives in the pocket holster whether carrying it or not.

I work at home and don't get out much. Lately at home tote around a Stoegar Cougar for no particular reason except its a little smaller than a CZ75 or 92FS and for whatever reason the safety is a little easier to reach and flip off with the thumb than a 92FS. 15 rounds in the Cougar. If somebody comes to the door, Cougar fits in a front pocket "good enough" without a holster, for answering the door.

For awhile carried around the G17 at home but it would not be impossible to get clumsy enough to accidentally set off the G17. The 92FS or Cougar, if the safety is on it just ain't gonna go off accidentally, and it is very improbable to accidentally flip the safety off.

1911 would tote around the house easy enough but only 8 rounds and doesn't slip in a front pocket so good. Would want to keep the 1911 in a holster then it wouldn't slip in a front pocket very easy at all. Same deal with the S&W 586 revolver, and only 6 rounds.

Anyway, that is the current reasoning which ain't guaranteed to make sense.

Guest jkintn

Right now it's either Ruger LC9 IWB (Uncle Mike's until I decide if this gun is long-term for me) or Bodyguard .380 in Galco pocket holster. I just got my HCP this year so experimenting with different options. Thinking about replacing the LC9 with M&P Shield.

Mine is a 9mm, and so far I love it. It is the first handgun I have owned but not the first handgun I have ever shot. I have shot various Glocks in 9mm, .40, .45 and 10mm. I have shot 1911 variants including para ordinance double stacks, I have shot xd sub compact 9mm and xdm .40, Beretta 92fs, and several different revolvers. The sp2022 is the second Sig I have ever shot I also shot a p250 which I was really impressed with as well. I think it is a fantastic gun and is more accurate than I can hold it. The only thing I have found that I would change about the gun is the plastic guide rod its pretty flimsy, but a stainless replacement is on the way and can be had for less than 30 bucks. I have put 3 boxes through it since I bought it 2 weeks ago and it has been flawless.

Guest bkelm18

The 2022 is probably one of the best values in handguns going right now. You get Sig quality for only $350-$400. They have one of the better DA/SA triggers I've tried.

I carry a beat up but extremely reliable full size 1911 95% of the time. The other times it is a full size Taurus 23/7 OSS DS in 9mm. My wife has my back with her engraved and nickel plated Ruger LC-9.

Along with those we always have a Taurus PLY .22 loaded with 60 grain Aguila SSS. It has turned into a very reliable gun that is our last ditch weapon.

And then on top of that I have a takedown AR in 9mm that is nearly always accessible.

Mind you this is when I am not at home.

Dolomite

97% of the time it's my Gen 4 G26 carried IWB in a CompTac MTAC....1 extra G19 mag, flashlight and knife

2% of the time it's my Gen 3 G19 carried in the same IWB MTAC....1 extra G19 mag, flashlight and knife

1% of the time I'm attempting to try carrying something new.....ie. yesterday I tried carrying a Ruger LC9......with my G26, 1 extra G19mag, flashlight and knife.

• Like 1
Guest thejoshdavis

97% of the time it's my Gen 4 G26 carried IWB in a CompTac MTAC....1 extra G19 mag, flashlight and knife

2% of the time it's my Gen 3 G19 carried in the same IWB MTAC....1 extra G19 mag, flashlight and knife

1% of the time I'm attempting to try carrying something new.....ie. yesterday I tried carrying a Ruger LC9......with my G26, 1 extra G19mag, flashlight and knife.

How'd the 1% work out? Ankle holster for the lc9?

Guest FHTMcrt

Depending on clothes/situation, a KelTec PF9 or a KelTec P3AT either in DeSantis pocket holster or just IWB with a belt clip. On the nightstand: a Bersa Thunder 9 w/17 round mag.

• 2 weeks later...

I carry my Gen 3 Glock 19 most days. It fits great with my Glock sport/combat holster at 4 o'clock. On occasion, I borrow my wife's Smith and Wesson 442 Airweight for pocket carry in her DeSantis pocket holster. Call me lazy, but it just depends on what's easier to conceal.

How'd the 1% work out? Ankle holster for the lc9?

No, I was trying a "lefty's" approach with a bug. Lefty holster right behind my spare mag. Worked out decent but it isn't a feesable thing to do all the time. Looking at different options.