New M&P Shield

Steelharp

Guest bulluck533

In other words the bigger the dealer the better the price they get them for. Showing that Bass pro and Gander mountain are out to rip you off compared to what they have to pay for them.

Guest twpayne75

In other words the bigger the dealer the better the price they get them for. Showing that Bass pro and Gander mountain are out to rip you off compared to what they have to pay for them.

Saying that Gander Mountain and Bass Pro is a ripoff is a mild understatement. The only people I have personally seen buy guns there are people I know that got approved for one of their in-store 29% + credit cards. A buddy of mine paid $600 for a standard Gen 3 G17 without night sights, mind you that was without tax or background check. After tax, interest, and all, he probably had $900 in it.

He asked me what I paid for my Gen 4 G19 and G17, since they were even higher. I told him they were each $499 plus tax. He just stared like a deer in headlights.

Fondled one at Hendersonville G&L a couple hours ago. As the regular M&P line is the Massachusetts Glock, this is the Massachusetts Walther. It is identical (save for style differences) to a PPS. Same dimensions, capacity...

Come to think of it... the PPS says "SMITH & WESSON SPRINGFIELD MA" on the slide... good ideas do seem to come out of Der Fatherland and vicinity...

Guest bulluck533

Saying that Gander Mountain and Bass Pro is a ripoff is a mild understatement. The only people I have personally seen buy guns there are people I know that got approved for one of their in-store 29% + credit cards. A buddy of mine paid $600 for a standard Gen 3 G17 without night sights, mind you that was without tax or background check. After tax, interest, and all, he probably had $900 in it.

He asked me what I paid for my Gen 4 G19 and G17, since they were even higher. I told him they were each $499 plus tax. He just stared like a deer in headlights.

Where did you pay that for a gen 4?

Had the chance to handle one of the new S&W Shield's at TN Gun Country this afternoon and really liked it. Fit and finish were excellent, sights are very visable, grip is so thin it is amazing. Now as to the trigger pull, it doesn't feel like an M&P, instead it is very light and almost crisp, I couldn't say whether it has enough take up slack in it to be noticable. Compaired to my Ruger Lc9 it feel's thinner and has a nicer trigger. S&W might have a money maker here.

Had the chance to handle one of the new S&W Shield's at TN Gun Country this afternoon and really liked it. Fit and finish were excellent, sights are very visable, grip is so thin it is amazing. Now as to the trigger pull, it doesn't feel like an M&P, instead it is very light and almost crisp, I couldn't say whether it has enough take up slack in it to be noticable. Compaired to my Ruger Lc9 it feel's thinner and has a nicer trigger. S&W might have a money maker here.

What were they asking for it there?

Guest twpayne75

Where did you pay that for a gen 4?

Paid that for both my Gen 4s.

Mike's Gun Shop Tazewell TN

http://mikesgunshops.com/index.html

I see on his website he has a Gen 4 G22 listed for $505. I'm sure he will work with you on the other $5. :)

His website is thrown together by some guy he knows that did it for free. Not very good, and not updated much as I can tell. His inventory is huge. I have not been in another shop the Tri-state area that carries near as much.

He didn't call me today. So either the Shields didn't come in, or he forgot to call me. Either is possible.

Going to stop by there tomorrow anyway and browse.

Edited by twpayne75

Mike's Gun Shop in Morristown is supposed to call me when they get one in. Expected this week. After the obligatory fondling, price will determine if I buy now. Like with most things, the price comes down a bit after the new wears off and it's not a must have now. I must admit, M&P is my favorite flavor of plastic.

Guest twpayne75

Mike's Gun Shop in Morristown is supposed to call me when they get one in. Expected this week. After the obligatory fondling, price will determine if I buy now. Like with most things, the price comes down a bit after the new wears off and it's not a must have now. I must admit, M&P is my favorite flavor of plastic.

I am expecting about $400. I will post up when I get a definate price from him.

I think the M&P is probably the only line of guns that I have never owned one or more of. When they first came out fondled one at Mike's. It felt decent, but the trigger felt horrible. Have never picked up another since then. From what I have read the trigger on the Shield is an improvement over the M&P. I don't expect a match trigger from a gun like this, but I expect a lot more than what I felt.

My wife's edc is a Kahr CW9 and it actually has a decent trigger for what it is.

Saw it, held it, I like it... Thin sucker like the Walther PPS... If it can take the APEX trigger its a WIN.... I like the feel of it with the 8rd mag too. S&W was inviting industry reps to test it last week and it held up pretty well in a short-term kinda of way (ie. over 2 days).

Talked with Randy Lee at NRA Conv and he said they're already working on APEX trigger for Shield.

It’s hard to believe, but Buds has the highest price I’ve seen yet. They are $449 plus 3% if you pay with a credit card like most people will; that’s $462.47.

They put them up yesterday for VIP members only. The VIP is supposed to run for 72 hours, but they took it off today. So either they weren’t moving; or they have a lot of them.

Still nothing but silence on the 40. I’ll probably pay the introductory price to get one of those.

It’s hard to believe, but Buds has the highest price I’ve seen yet. They are $449 plus 3% if you pay with a credit card like most people will; that’s $462.47.

They put them up yesterday for VIP members only. The VIP is supposed to run for 72 hours, but they took it off today. So either they weren’t moving; or they have a lot of them.

Still nothing but silence on the 40. I’ll probably pay the introductory price to get one of those.

Wow! They are generally the cheapest, even after the 3%. I guess it's a supply and demand thing right now. But if they still have them in stock, maybe demand isn't that great.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
Guest jkintn

Wow! They are generally the cheapest, even after the 3%. I guess it's a supply and demand thing right now. But if they still have them in stock, maybe demand isn't that great.

I was actually in the physical location for Bud's in Lexington yesterday. Popped in solely hoping they had a Shield to handle. They had one that they were putting on display in the store. Cash price was $449 (same as website). One of the guys working stated they already sold 18 in the first 24 hours they had them posted online. I liked it alot. Thinking about replacing my LC9 with a shield.