New plinker advice requested.

Guest mc30707

Guest mc30707

I am planning to buy a 22 pistol for target practice. My top of the list is the sig mosquito, however I have read about many problems with the guns. Hopefully Sig has resolved most feeding issues on the newer guns. 1. Does anyone know the date code to look for to avoid feeding/reliability issues? or are they still problematic

2. Anyone have one and their opinion of it.

thanks, Mike

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mc30707

I used to have a Ruger mark II in my younger days. It was trouble free and very accurate. I just really like the way the Sig feels in the hand, but I want reliability as well. Being a Sig, it should be a great gun.

Guest eyebedam
Check out the new Walther SP22. Weird looking gun so it's gotta be good.

Its def a weird looking gun. I would like to see 1 in person.

Guest eyebedam

there is a beretta neos for sale nib in the for sale forum I'd post the link but I'm on my iPhone and it won't copy & paste.

Guest rufusgooch

If you want a cheap and reliable gun get a Pheonix hp22. It costs 125 new and comes with a 3in barrel. A 5 1/2 inch barrel and extra clip can be had for 35.00 Safetys are a pain in the ass but i can tell you how to bypass them

Guest illEagle

If you want accurate plinking you can't go wrong with Ruger or Browning.

I have a Browning Buckmark camper that has several thousand rounds through it with narry a problem. I chose a Buckmark so that I could add an aftermarket TacSol threaded barrel and a suppressor some day. With the Ruger you have to go through a FFL dealer, you just buy a new barrel for the Buckmark.

Guest ShiftYZF

Mc30707. I have a Sig. Mosquito & I like it now, but I must admit that when I first bought it I was a little pissed. I bought the gun new & took it to shoot for the first time & had a jam every clip. I later found out that it was just a really picky gun. The remington ammo was really dirty! The next ammo tried was the Federal Auto Match, which is awesome in this gun. I have not had a jam since first trying Federal ammo. I have about a thousand rounds through it now. If you are looking for a gun that is more likely to eat any kind of ammo though, you should go with the Ruger or Browning. Good luck!