Quandary... stay with the HK P2000 .40SW or go Glock 19 9mm?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint
I know where you could pick up a brand new Model 19 at a very reasonable price.

I don't know about the Ashley Big Dot though. Without it the gun is pretty much useless. Might as well lie down in the street and die.

Or lay down in the street and watch your friends die. /Yeager

Zzzzzing!

Yeah, okay, I'm leaving this thread now before I get banned by my own brother. :confused:

Cabellas has the Big Dot Target Hiding sight.. All the Mall Ninja reviews like it. People wanting to see a target past 20 feet don't. So, if you want a sight to acquire a target at a distance where you shouldn't need a sight, it looks very tacti-cool. And it does make a nice night light. Very handy for all "operators" in training.

Cabellas has the Big Dot Target Hiding sight.. All the Mall Ninja reviews like it. People wanting to see a target past 20 feet don't. So, if you want a sight to acquire a target at a distance where you shouldn't need a sight, it looks very tacti-cool. And it does make a nice night light. Very handy for all "operators" in training.

I had one on an Argentine HP I owned. I could see the utility of it for fast acquisition but for shooting at smaller targets,yeah, it pretty well destroys the idea of sights.

And Verbal Kint, you should be ashamed of yourself. No, really. I mean it.

:confused::D

• Administrator

This quote from another forum adequately sums up one of the primary reasons for my move to 9mm for every day carry...

Price of ammo is an issue, but not because "I can't afford anything but the 9mm rounds." Shooting 9mm means shooting more and practicing more for the same amount of money. If you can shoot 500 rounds of 9mm for what 400 rounds of .40 would cost you and 300 rounds of .45 would cost you, which is better?

I can shoot a 9mm faster and more accurately than a .40 or .45, too.

Finally, I'm 100% confident in the 9mm's ability to work in a self defense situation.

Just thought I'd share. :(

What kind of idiot would do that?

...One of these days, I *will* talk you into a 34... MUUUUAAAAaaa HA HA Hahaaahaa

Aren't you tired of "8 and a failure... Four... and 10 and a failure" every time we score your run on a 30+ yard stage? :biglol:

(This is coming from the guy who was 50 points down on the standards at the Arkansas match, so I should probably shut up)...

I was 10 down on stage 3 the last time I shot a classifier. :D

This quote from another forum adequately sums up one of the primary reasons for my move to 9mm for every day carry...

Quote:

Price of ammo is an issue, but not because "I can't afford anything but the 9mm rounds." Shooting 9mm means shooting more and practicing more for the same amount of money. If you can shoot 500 rounds of 9mm for what 400 rounds of .40 would cost you and 300 rounds of .45 would cost you, which is better?

I can shoot a 9mm faster and more accurately than a .40 or .45, too.

Finally, I'm 100% confident in the 9mm's ability to work in a self defense situation.

Just thought I'd share. :)

I have to agree, I am more accurate with a .9mm than anything I have shot so far because though it is not the cheapest to shoot it sure isn't the most expensive. I now have two .9mm handguns and a .380. I shoot the 9's a lot so I feel much more confident with my progress. My husband has a .44 and a .45 so he doesn't get to shoot as much as I do because of the price of ammo. Personally I really wish he would choose a .9mm to carry but I can't make that decision for him.

To me, you pick the best caliber for the job and the best gun you can afford. 9mm is an excellent and accurate round either close up, but especially at distance. For close up, bigger is better. Since I don't think slower is better, I don't pack a 45 ACP, but instead a 40 S&W. :D

If you are shooting a nine; those are words to live by. :D

At close range. At longer ranges, you are more likely to hit them with a 9mm and you have more distance, before you have to shoot them again, for them to bleed out. :D