Dog shot dead by Austin police officer

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Guest AmericanWorkMule

Is it just me, or are family pets more and more being killed by cops?

http://www.examiner....-police-officer

http://philosophyoff...e-or-no-reason/

I thought police officers were only permitted to use deadly force when they, or someone else, is in immediate danger of death or serious bodily harm.

They shouldn’t be able to just kill a dog for kicks, or supposedly because of a prejudiced cowardly fear that a family pet might bite them on their leg. If the officer is that much of a coward, they shouldn’t belong in law enforcement. Anyone who kills a dog under uncertain conditions is probably just as likely to kill a person under the same circumstances.

1334596742_cisco.jpg

Edited by AmericanWorkMule

Wow that is outrageous im going to hold what i want to say back :rant:

I'm a little girl when it comes to dogs, so I will keep my comments to myself so it can't be misconstrued as cop bashing.

Not me, I love dogs and I care very much for good cops. This guy......burn in hell coward. I hope you get separated from you weapon and pack of strays find you.

Rest in peace Cisco. Meet this cop at the rainbow bridge and chew his face off.

Edited by Caster

...and I need to let this go before I type something I will seriously regret but I will say this. Where ever my dog gets shot, there too will I make my final stand. I have no problem leaving here and being off to the next life over something like my friend.

• Like 3

Not me, I love dogs and I care very much for good cops. This guy......burn in hell coward. I hope you get separated from you weapon and pack of strays find you.

Rest in peace Cisco. Meet this cop at the rainbow bridge and chew his face off.

:up:

I am a huge fan of ACDs, it is the breed we will be getting our daughter when we buy our own home.

Articles like this, not just the dog part, but the police showing up at the wrong home, what was the one a few years ago, a soldier returned home, the police raided the wrong home, wound up shooting and killing him?

The issue I have is the more and more commonplace this becomes, the more and more we become a policestate, and no one seems to mind.

The issue I have is the more and more commonplace this becomes, the more and more we become a policestate, and no one seems to mind.

The whole country has their collective panties in a wad over some Floridian ghetto trash, but not a soul cries foul when this dog or that soldier went down. If anyone is crying foul, it falls on deaf ears.

• Like 4

So, say an officer shows up to my house by mistake, my dog barks at him and he shoots it. Nothing happens...

Ok, now say an officer shows up at my house with a K9 who barks at me, and I shoot it. Nothing happens, right? I mean fair is fair......

• Like 1

And notice the officer exited his vehicle then immediately was involved in a confrontation. But when his supervisor was being briefed Officer Griffin told the supervisor he went around "door to door" listening when he was involved in the confrontation.

It is at 9:00 in the video above where he was lying about his actions to his supervisor.

This is a big red flag for me. If an officer is going to lie about something as small as not listening at doors then what else is he willing to lie about?

His integrity should be questioned as well as the story he is telling.

Dolomite

Edited by Dolomite_supafly

TGO should consider starting a sub-forum called "cop-bashing." Just to make it easier to consolidate all these threads. I'm serious.

It's only cop bashing until it happens to someone in your family. And to many of us, our dogs are our family.

Unless you're a heartless prick, you'd be crying like a bitch if a cop were to shoot one of your family members for some BS reason.

• Like 3
Here's a story from last week about a neighbor shooting a retired LEO's dog.

http://www.fox16.com/news/local/story/Neighbor-shoots-and-kills-family-dog/baQOrxtL_EO1K9aECr-5UQ.cspx

People shooting dogs unfortunately happens all the time.

This has nothing to do with how many dogs get shot every day. It has to do with a cop acting irresponsibly.

Watch the dash cam video. The cop pulled his gun on the first human he sees, the shoots a dog after it barks ONCE. he clearly does not have the mindset or restraint to Serve and Protect Austin. If that were me he would have seen rage, unlike anything he had seen. I might not have been physical but I couldn't make any promises either.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with how many dogs get shot every day. It has to do with a cop acting irresponsibly.

Exactly. This a non-local news story about how cops suck. It was posted because everyone ( myself included) loves dogs, so we can all get super pissed off at the officer. Then a lot will read this and post comments like "nothing will happen cause he's a cop" , "Its turning into a police state" "I'd shoot the LEO if he tried that with me." My point is, these threads pop up all the time, and as far as I can tell they are for the sole purpose to get people fired up against cops. We have a subfourm for politics, which is definitely far right wing. If that's your cup of tea, hangout and post there. If your are independent or to the left, don't. I am just suggesting that a lot of our members like to crap on cops, so why not give them there own subfourm? If you want to read it, click on it. If not, pass.

Exactly. This a non-local news story about how cops suck. It was posted because everyone ( myself included) loves dogs, so we can all get super pissed off at the officer. Then a lot will read this and post comments like "nothing will happen cause he's a cop" , "Its turning into a police state" "I'd shoot the LEO if he tried that with me." My point is, these threads pop up all the time, and as far as I can tell they are for the sole purpose to get people fired up against cops. We have a subfourm for politics, which is definitely far right wing. If that's your cup of tea, hangout and post there. If your are independent or to the left, don't. I am just suggesting that a lot of our members like to crap on cops, so why not give them there own subfourm? If you want to read it, click on it. If not, pass.

Or you could simply read the topic title and decide if you want to read any further.

The topic title obviously suggests this was going to be about a cop shooting a dog. Without reading the first post I was pretty certain this was going to be about a cop who many thought was unjustified in shooting someone's pet.

Then the officer lies to his supervisor about what exactly happened. It is on dashcam and he has to know it is on dashcam yet he still lies. That is very telling in the fact that he knows any bad actions will likely be minimized by his supervisors and the administration.

I would love to be the investigator because I would rip this guy apart because of his inconsistencies.

And although we would love to hate the officer for what he did but it is not entirely his fault. His actions are the result of his continued training, his peers, his supervisors as well as the administration. They have allowed other incidents to go unpunished which only empowers officers like this. It is a rare that an officer goes from being an outstanding officer to a crappy officer in one step, it happens gradually in front of their peers and supervisors.

Officers tend to take care of their own even when the bad officer brings a bad light to the good ones. I never understood this, the good officers should be very angry with the bad officer but it rarely happened from what I witnessed. I know any time I had an officer screw up enough to warrant being fired I tried everythig in my power to fire them but in most cases the administration allowed them to resign because it was easier. And in a lot of cases the resigning officer received a letter of recommendation upon exit as well as a glowing review because he didn't try to fight it.

Another thing that contributes to things like this is that officers are afraid of being labeled a rat if they tell on other officers. I have known several officers who did the right thing in by turning in bad officers only to be ridiculed and threatened until they finally resigned. In most cases the bad officer would be treated better than the good officer. And when the good officer resigned they would rarely get letters of recommendation. I have even sat in front of supervisors as they called all the surrounding jurisdictions to tell them the officer who just resigned is a rat. They would joke saying the rat has been blackballed and will never work LE again. Stark contrast to the way they treat bad cops.

As much as I didn't like the department I worked for the video trumped anything else. When investigating a questionable incident the video was looked at before any reports. Then if the officer's story or report didn't match reasonably well they were in trouble. And it happened from time to time but not as much as people like to think. I know we had incidents where it was obvious an officer did wrong a couple of times a year.

And what I honestly believe is going to happen is NOTHING, the officer and his buddies are going to be laughing about the whole ordeal during roll call.

Dolomite

Guest 6.8 AR

You take a thread and assume it is cop bashing when it points out a severe lack of judgement from

someone who should have better judgement. The term "cop bashing", if you will, might as well be your

excuse for being politically correct, if you can't see any better use than to criticize other's criticism of

someone's behavior, which is obvious in the OP's story.

klatu, veranda nicto.

Is that where you want cops to end up? Just because?

No, it's about useless individuals, who happen to be cops.