Amazing How Few Topics ...

... in this forum actually relate to a "Discussion of Firearms-related stories from the news or personal accounts. Including crime, self-defense, or other such publicity." ?

Fine with me, since I've probably done it myself -- guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest 6.8 AR

I doubt that's the case, Mac. Something for everybody.

I still have my Smiths and all the tupperware toys. And

you know I'm a political animal. I couldn't just talk about

guns. I'd go nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt that's the case, Mac. Something for everybody.

I still have my Smiths and all the tupperware toys. And

you know I'm a political animal. I couldn't just talk about

guns. I'd go nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My point was, that's what TGO says this topic forum is supposed to be.

- OS

Maybe more are finally using the search feature and going back and reading answers to their questions rather than asking things over and over again and thus not posting new gun questions.

Nah...that ain't happening!

My point was, that's what TGO says this topic forum is supposed to be.

- OS

A lot of these topics can easily relate to guns or the possible need for guns in what is going on in the world, politically, criminally, and as society deteriorates. Also, many of them concern aggressive attacks on our rights, especially concerning the 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendments.

Guest 6.8 AR

I agree. This forum needs to be overhauled a bit to ensure that the news stories being posted are about firearms. OhShoot, want to moderate it?

David, I think this forum is just fine. People just need to be treating others with civility. There are ways to disagree

without the slaps. And, besides, I've filled my safe with some fine guns from some fine folks around here, and have

learned a lot about the topics I peruse.

Decorum is important.

A lot of the stories seem to fuel the fire of aluminum foil hats :tinfoil: and/or rebellious warmongering. While I'm all for it [and have added to said fire on occasion], I will be the first to admit this is not really the place for it.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

General interest is various and diverse. There are places for guns and places for politics and if someone

posts something you might think is tinfoil, I might not think so, or you might not.

The people I work with are a mixture of loons and good folks. I work with them all. Things have a habit of working out.

Just let them be and post or ignore. Civility means a lot to me.

As a BENIFACTOR to TGO in which I spend countless hours pouring over the threads, I think this is fine. Maybe I missed something David, but I read almost every thread on here. I don't read Yahoo News, or anything. I do however read TGO from one end to the next Sir! It does not bother me one bit, to read about something "Non-Gun" on here. I actually welcome it!

Sir, this was my 2 cents worth only!

David Sayre "WD-40"...

I agree. This forum needs to be overhauled a bit to ensure that the news stories being posted are about firearms. OhShoot, want to moderate it?

Hmmm. Would seem to entail mainly moving posts to General Chat, Politics, merging some, but a lot of that. Probably make General Chat the fattest forum by far.

How important to ya is it to actually keep it as "firearms" related only? Maybe just change the topic forum description to better suit the general wide open "News" area it has become? Do a poll?

It actually doesn't mean much to me one way or the other, just noticed the disparity 'tween stated intent and actuality.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 2

Hmmm. Would seem to entail mainly moving posts to General Chat, Politics, merging some, but a lot of that. Probably make General Chat the fattest forum by far.

How important to ya is it to actually keep it as "firearms" related only? Maybe just change the topic forum description to better suit the general wide open "News" area it has become? Do a poll?

It actually doesn't mean much to me one way or the other, just noticed the disparity 'tween stated intent and actuality.

- OS

Oh Shoot, do as David sujested, and become the moderator for this forum. Apparently we are in need of one. Either way, I love TGO, I, as you, finacialy support TGO...so I don't care where I read the news, experiences or stories...as long as I can do so!

Become a "Moderator" and get us going in the right direction!

David Sayre

......so I don't care where I read the news, experiences or stories...as long as I can do so!

Well, thanks and all, but see, that's a decent argument for just leaving it as it is, and just changing description of the category. Simple.

- OS

• Like 1

I just looked through all of the forum categories. Where would story this go?

Urgent: CDC Says Airborne Virus Carried By Winds Has 3-Day Life Span - Urges All Citizens To Stay Inside Next 72 Hours

Newsworthy, or General Chat? Certainly not Knives and Bladed Tools or Carry Prohibited Locations.

Seems best to just leave it alone as is.

• Like 1

It does seem that many of the stores posted in this forum aren't gun related and are often, although not always, more related to politics in general than firearms.

If a forum just for firearm related news stories is desired then this one needs more attention or perhaps what is needed is this one moderated to "firearms related" only and a more "general" sub-forum created for other stories???

If it was mine, and IT IS NOT, i would remove reference to firearm news related stories.

Seems the easiest fix.

I must recall incorrectly but wasn't the news story subforum open previously and then later restricted to gun related news?

And

Besides all this, TGO's most prolific member really ought to be a mod of some sorts.

Maybe start a religious subforum.... ;):)

• Like 1

A lot of these topics can easily relate to guns or the possible need for guns in what is going on in the world, politically, criminally, and as society deteriorates. Also, many of them concern aggressive attacks on our rights, especially concerning the 1st, 2nd and 4th Amendments.

Yep. I know you post a lot of stories where somebody has been shot, or seriously needs to be :pleased: . That's gun related in my book.

• Like 1

If it was mine, and IT IS NOT, i would remove reference to firearm news related stories.

Seems the easiest fix.

I must recall incorrectly but wasn't the news story subforum open previously and then later restricted to gun related news?

And

Besides all this, TGO's most prolific member really ought to be a mod of some sorts.

The Reverend Mac's Religious Forum. I like it!

Guest bkelm18

:rofl:

Some of us, for various reasons, get most of our news right here. I don't read the paper, I don't watch TV unless it's on my DVR and I ignore the news headlines on my homepage for the most part. If there were a news subforum here, I'd like it. It's the only way I know anything is going on. Outside of here and the occasional gun magazine, I don't see much of the outside world. I would have never known someone eat another guy's face down in FL had it not been posted here.

Do it Ohshoot, moderate. You can be the first TGO news anchor.......Breaking news, we go to Anchor Ohshoot.....

....Do it Ohshoot, moderate. You can be the first TGO news anchor.......Breaking news, we go to Anchor Ohshoot.....

I don't think there's enough interest to separate "gun news" from "interesting news to gun type people news". I agree with ya, even though I'm a news junkie and use other sources, I do find first notice of a lot of events of interest in this forum.

Think I myself would just remove the "firearms" part in the group definition, or not, and just leave alone. It's David's call of course.

And I wouldn't mind being mod for something or other, but to maintain a "gun news" forum as separate from another "news news" based one just seems like too much busy work for little gain in structure/clarity/whatever.

- OS

• Like 4

Some of us, for various reasons, get most of our news right here. I don't read the paper, I don't watch TV unless it's on my DVR and I ignore the news headlines on my homepage for the most part. If there were a news subforum here, I'd like it. It's the only way I know anything is going on. Outside of here and the occasional gun magazine, I don't see much of the outside world. I would have never known someone eat another guy's face down in FL had it not been posted here.

Do it Ohshoot, moderate. You can be the first TGO news anchor.......Breaking news, we go to Anchor Ohshoot.....

What he said!