M&P trigger job

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Apex parts are indeed excellent. I've got the sear for my M&P. However, you can also polish your stock parts to make things smoother. Your trigger should already be lightened since you have the Pro and the most common complaint is grittiness (although my non-Pro did not have that issue). You can polish your sear, trigger bar, and striker safety plunger to make the pull smoother and produce a "better" trigger reset.

OK, I put the RAM in my standard M&P and it did improve the reset. But I'm no 'smith. I want a trigger as close to a 1911 with 4-5 #pull, which it is close to now. I want a good reset and no grit in the slack take up. Anyone had this done by a gunsmith you would recommend?

OK, I put the RAM in my standard M&P and it did improve the reset. But I'm no 'smith. I want a trigger as close to a 1911 with 4-5 #pull, which it is close to now. I want a good reset and no grit in the slack take up. Anyone had this done by a gunsmith you would recommend?

The closest to a 1911 trigger you will get is if you get the FSS kit and the USB, not the DCAEK kit...however, coming from a 1911 guy, if you want a 1911 trigger pull, shoot a 1911. The FSS kit and USB are completely installable by a non-gunsmith. Apex even provides a video installation guide that goes through the whole process. All you need is an allen wrench to remove the rear sight (I'm not sure what size) and a pin punch to knock out the pins, and AFAIK, those are the only tools you need.

Cheaper than Dirt has the Apex DCAEK kit at $72.64 + $6.73 shipping, $18 cheaper than manufacturer's price (Apex Tactical).

I installed kit and trigger is greatly improved with no gritty feeling.

What he said. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

does it fix the travel? do not know what it was called, but on the APEX site it was more than having Dan do the work. minus shipping of course.

we have 2.75 # triggers with pretravel and over travel work. very close to 1911. with all the factory springs, so no light stikes, very crisp, etc.