Today's rant is about...

.....people putting their hands on you.

What is the friggin' deal with old white men and putting their hands on you?!!??! I understand the handshake. I mean the over zealous slap on the back. The grabbing of the arm. The pats on the shoulder. All this from a group of people who are the premier sponsors for condemnation of homosexuality. If that's so evil, why are they so keen to get their hands on another man?

This happens a lot around here. I usually position myself where it won't happen but sometimes the old farts will corner you. :stare:

My father in law tells me I am just a hateful little bastard and don't know how to interact with real people. I maintain my previous comments adding that technically that would be simple assault if I were to make a phone call to local PD. I would never, but I could. I guess I'm crazy because I don't know for a fact that someone like that would NEVER grab me by the arm and shove a knife in my kidney.

Personal space people. Respect it! Offer a hand like a gentleman but that's it. If I wanted to be pawed on by another human, I'd go flirt with my wife.

There, I feel better. No offense to the respectable older white men of TGO. :P

.....people putting their hands on you.

What is the friggin' deal with old white men and putting their hands on you?!!??! I understand the handshake. I mean the over zealous slap on the back. The grabbing of the arm. The pats on the shoulder. All this from a group of people who are the premier sponsors for condemnation of homosexuality. If that's so evil, why are they so keen to get their hands on another man?

This happens a lot around here. I usually position myself where it won't happen but sometimes the old farts will corner you. :stare:

My father in law tells me I am just a hateful little bastard and don't know how to interact with real people. I maintain my previous comments adding that technically that would be simple assault if I were to make a phone call to local PD. I would never, but I could. I guess I'm crazy because I don't know for a fact that someone like that would NEVER grab me by the arm and shove a knife in my kidney.

Personal space people. Respect it! Offer a hand like a gentleman but that's it. If I wanted to be pawed on by another human, I'd go flirt with my wife.

There, I feel better. No offense to the respectable older white men of TGO. :P

Move to New York. Problem solved :pleased:

• Like 2

Move to New York. Problem solved :pleased:

Or Komifornia ...

In reality though, I'm a back slapper too. No, I don't have any homesexual tendancies, nor do I really think about it when I'm doing it, I just normally slap a friends back/shoulder if he leaving or something. Not sure how or why I started doing this ... ? LOL

I'll make sure to give you 4ft in each direction Caster if we ever meet :)

• Like 1

Or Komifornia ...

In reality though, I'm a back slapper too. No, I don't have any homesexual tendancies, nor do I really think about it when I'm doing it, I just normally slap a friends back/shoulder if he leaving or something. Not sure how or why I started doing this ... ? LOL

I'll make sure to give you 4ft in each direction Caster if we ever meet :)

AHH! But see, there's the difference! Friends are different. You wouldn't do this to someone you've never seen before. I would hope you would at least discern wether you like the person or not first.

AND to show I ain't trying to start a fight or even heat an argument, I voted everyone's post up one. :popcorn:

I'm 34 years old. I'll bet a quarter all five of you guys are older than me. I'll bet you two quarters I get an equal and opposite reaction from some of the younger folks here.

Edited by Caster

I only slip the tongue to men i know or those i wish to assault.

Real men back slap, two hand shake, grab an arm. It is manly and not to be misconstrued as assault. It's what some manly men do.

Be thankful they are not grabbing ass. Though i have never met men who do this, but then i have not spent time in WVa or Alabama either.

• Like 2

I only slip the tongue to men i know or those i wish to assault.

Real men back slap, two hand shake, grab an arm. It is manly and not to be misconstrued as assault. It's what some manly men do.

Be thankful they are not grabbing ass. Though i have never met men who do this, but then i have not spent time in WVa or Alabama either.

canoe.jpg

Okay, I've met you. You're a cool guy and know your stuff. In your opinion, a stranger has a right to put their hands on me? Really?

The call comes in, "All units, assault at Walmart!"

Heroic TN-popo is first onscene. He valiantly jumps out of his cruiser and races to the door.

What does he see?

A trembling Caster, huddled in the corner, pointing to the 75 year old, somewhat confused, door greeter.

"HE SAID 'HELLO' AND TOUCHED ME ON THE SHOULDER! ARREST THAT MAN!"

TN-popo looks at Caster, then the door greeter, and back at Caster.

He then looks for the Candid Camera setup, doesn't see it, shakes his head and walks away.

:) All in fun, mate (the English/Aussie mate, not the manlove mate).

Seriously, find me a magistrate that would issue that arrest warrant.

I will add, I'm not a big "toucher" either, but it happens.

Edited by TN-popo
  • Like 2

I know exactly what you are talking about, I've noticed this quite a few times ...just recently I was talkin to this fella I had just met in his late 50s a few weeks back for about thirty minutes at work & as he was leavin (to go meet his wife) he shook my hand again, added in pat on the back from the side as we were walkin toward the door that almost turned into a one armed hug. It went from cool to awkward in like 15 sec & lingered too long. I was feelin like I got rolled like a 13 yr old thai boy. 'Wtf just happened' in my head. I suppose my time in the north has made me hyper sensitive but that was weird. I feel like it just an expression of comraderie more than anything but I may have thicker personal boundaries than most. If it helps Caster, my mom & wife do admit I can be a major ###hole. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The call comes in, "All units, assault at Walmart!"

Heroic TN-popo is first onscene. He valiantly jumps out of his cruiser and races to the door.

What does he see?

A trembling Caster, huddled in the corner, pointing to the 75 year old, somewhat confused, door greeter.

"HE SAID 'HELLO' AND TOUCHED ME ON THE SHOULDER! ARREST THAT MAN!"

TN-popo looks at Caster, then the door greeter, and back at Caster.

He then looks for the Candid Camera setup, doesn't see it, shakes his head and walks away.

:) All in fun, mate.

Seriously, find me a magistrate that would issue that arrest warrant.

Okay, but I bet that magistrate would issue an arrest warrant for me and I'd be screwed when some 55-60 yr old man walks up from behind me and grabs me by the arm to tell me hello and I break his jaw. I certainly don't fancy the idea. It would down right make me sick, but....

I'm sure you and the other fine officers and veterans here have seen far worse, BUT, I have looked down the barrel of a 12g while my house was being robbed and my mother was tied up next to me. If that makes me a little paranoid and a touch delusional, I'll beg everyone's forgiveness.

If it helps Caster, my mom & wife do admit I can be a major ###hole. Lol.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I can guarantee you that I am, and a miserable one at that. I fail to see how or why that affects anything. :)

• Like 1

Big difference between being robbed at gun point (been there done that) and being a manhandled by a well intentioned white man

Yes sir. You are very right. Can you define it...on the spot in less than a second?

Can't say what these crazy people out here will do. I'm not really complaining as much about people I know and are regular customers. I've never laid eyes on some of these people before. To physically embrace a complete stranger, in the world we live in, is utter and complete lunacy.

To physically embrace a complete stranger, in the world we live in, is utter and complete lunacy.

Oh, I don't know.

I got hugged by a complete stranger the other night and it left me wishing that I wasn't wearing my body armor. :dirty: