June 7 Holder Hearing

Guest Lester Weevils

Guest Lester Weevils

There were not many video clips of the latest Holder hearing, so dug it up on cspan. Dang thing is about 4 hours long and only spots of it have to do with Fast and Furious. However, most of it is surprisingly interesting to a nerd. Numerous topics discussed, many of grave concern, and all demonstrating what an incompetent asshat Holder happens to be. His incompetent asshattery is not restricted to matters of criminal politically-motivated mis-management of the ATFE. He is a jack of all trades incompetent asshat demonstrating the same advanced talent in asshattery on everything he applies himself to.

Also, some certain long-sitting D congresscritters speak as if they have an IQ of 12 and are nodding out on methadone, and it is a puzzle trying to decide which of two ancient incompetent crones on the committee happen to be the stupidest cow. It is very difficult to decide.

So anyway, listened to it like listening to a radio show while doing other stuff. If you listen to the radio while doing other stuff, you could try the hearing on fer size as a substitute for a radio show.

http://www.c-span.or.../10737431314-1/

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest Lester Weevils

I'm not holding my breath. Politicians are the scourge of humanity. Not expecting them to do any thing much about ethics in DC.

"My prospects looked bleaker than a gerbil's in a bathhouse"-- Leslie Neilson, The Naked Gun 33 1/3

These hearings are much like the fox guarding the hen house. Not holding my breath 'til they actually do something with this

piece of crap, other than put on a show of raking him over the coals, with no actual results. Photo ops all around, adjourn,

move on. Nothing done. Sucks!! Just the way it works....or doesn't.

The Obama plan is to drag this out until it becomes a non-issue or something else takes its place. Holders attorney picks will receive millions to make him look innocent, millions of our tax dollars that is.

An independent investigation outside of Washington would expose too much and the truth. This administration is corrupt beyond explanation, lie, postpone, blame and coverup or do it behind closed doors is standard practice.

If McCain and Graham have a pair they should see this fight to its end.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lester Weevils

I'm not much a historian. Does anyone know, statistically, what percent of claims of executive privilege were "justified and reasonable" versus the percent of executive privilege for hiding scumbaggery?

It might be difficult to figure statistics, because a partisan might judge that "his side's" executive privilege was good but "the other side's" executive privilege was bad. Most executive privilege claims I can think of at the moment seemed related to scumbaggery or hiding embarrassment. But perhaps the privilege was invoked many times I never noticed, over dull uninteresting trivia, administrative turf wars and unimportant squabbling?

On the principle of "where there is smoke there is fire", executive privilege has about the same appearance as "pleading the fifth".

[media=]

Don't count on that, Obama has the Mexican vote(s)!

Don't know about that. This scandal shows clearly that Obama has no qualms in supporting the killing of Mexican citizens by funding the transportation of weapons to drug cartels there. If I were Mexican, I'd think long and hard about that before entering the ballot box. As a rule, the Mexican people aren't stupid.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Hopefully he doesn't break down and cry under all that pressure.... not that he is predisposed to do such a thing.

There have been much better Speakers, no doubt. This could look as bad for Boehner as it should for Holder

and Obama, depending on his actions.