Who likes Limburger Cheese?

Milk is one of the very few things I'm particular about. It has to be regular cow's milk and it has to be ice cold. I wont drink sheep, almond, soy, buttermilk, slightly warm, luke warm, or anything above fridge temp milk.

And must be fresh!! Nothing worse than milk beginnnig to go bad. My wife thinks I'm nuts about it. But then she won't touch bread unless it's perfectly fresh either.

And she likes myonaisse, sour cream and buttermilk too. :stunned: :stunned: There's a little something off with her.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sardines, smoked oysters, vienna sausages, potted meat, souse.

Love 'em all, wife hates them.

GREAT, more for me!!!

Souse meat??? Gee you are demented. You ever watch that concoction being made? Brrrr!! Uggg.!!

I'd sooner eat scrambled eggs and brains for breakfast. And that's pretty far down on my list. :stir:

Guest Lester Weevils

I like most dairy products but don't eat em very often.

Long ago I liked whole milk and thought that 2 percent or skim tasted like white water. Then started drinking 2 percent or skim for a couple of years and got used to it as the "normal taste". So then if I'd drink whole milk it would taste like cream in comparison. Almost "too rich". But whole milk or cream tastes fine too. Just a bunch of calories that for whatever reason, I'll drink a glass of whole milk and still be hungry. About the same calories from a can of tuna or sardines stops hunger sensations better. Same deal with cheese actually. If I sit down to quench hunger with cheese then that will end up being a bunch of calories. A hunk of cheese the same calorie count as a can of sardines, you might need a magnifying glass to find the cheese on yer plate. [just joking]

Vaguely recollect some comedian doing a riff on either sour cream or yogurt, can't recall except it was funny at the time. A riff around the idea, "How do you know when sour cream goes bad?"

Heh, I thought eating it was weaponizing it. Takes about an hour for full effect.

I bought some in Western PA once. It was made by the Amish folks down the road. Smelled like (what I imagine) a homeless guy's crotch. I talked my (then) girlfriend into taking a bite, figuring it couldn't tase as bad as it smells, and still be considered food. Took her about an hour to get back to a normal facial expression, and that was with the help of Listerine.

I admire you, Tulip, but just don't get it.

I'd sooner eat scrambled eggs and brains for breakfast. And that's pretty far down on my list. :stir:

Yep that ranks up there with mountain oysters

It ain't happening here for either one

Edited by laktrash

I used to work at Stowers in Knoxville..back then I was on a Limburger Kick for a few days... They did not appreciate the fact that it stunk up the whole lunch room..

I guess to each his own..there are a few things I will not eat.. like Oysters and clams and anything that looks like a snotball..

Oh.. and ....Cornbread.. (chickenscratch tasting nasty..ugh) and grits.. yuck...

German grits are way different.. I eat that stuff.. but not the english or American version