Need some opinions on gun belts.

Check out Bullhide belts. http://www.bullhidebelts.com/. They even have a reversible gun belt. I am really tough on belts. Belly pushes it down and no butt to hold it up, so I have to pull it really tight and the holes tear out. I got their Indestructible belt. It is some sort of synthetic material.I have worn it every day for 6 months and it still looks brand new.

Glenn

I have tried several differant ones myself, incliding Wilderness, Beltman, and some others. The one I have been wearing everyday for several years is a Milt Sparks. Not sure what makes it better than my others, but it is the one I wear everyday. I have the shark skin and you can't tell it has ever been worn, other than scratches on the buckle maybe.

Guest nowheretobefound

There's a big difference between most casual belts and a true gun belt. You, your weapon, your holster, your belt and any accessories are all a system. The whole system will only perform as well as the weakest component. I've seen a lot of people with expensive weapons and holsters sitting on cheap belts over the years. They go to draw, and find that the whole system ends up around their armpit before the weapon breaks retention.

A good gun belt is worth the money, and in my case winds up being my casual belt as well.

There is a difference, but to imply a "good" belt will not do the job is simply not correct. In my twenty plus years of doing investigations, tracking and surveillance, various missions, training and more I've never had a problem utilizing just a "good" belt when I've had to use a holster (and ad draw it way too many times) and I can't remember one of my many team members through the years that used a gun belt while operating in civilian status.

If you feel you need one, that’s all that matters and lord knows this economy could use your help.

I have a horsehide belt from Kramer Leather that's pushing 20 years and is just starting wear down. They cost a bit more these days...but value remains value, imho.

I do have a Wilderness Instructor Belt and it's a workhorse..but it's obviously a gunbelt.

I am currently using a Hellweg Black leather belt and I'm impressed with it. It's only been in use daily for about 1 1/2 years, but I think it's a keeper.

As far as availability goes, I have a buddy that just ordered one from Brownells (in my link) and it arrived within a week.

In my humble and totally unsolicited opinion a belt is but one part of a carry "system"...each component necessary to achieve your desired goals.

For me that is comfortable and secure all day (everyday) carry...accessibility (the gun will be where I think it should be when I reach for it)...and low profile (I carry concealed and have for the past 25 years or so)...without the gun flopping out or squirreling around because the belt stretches from the weight of the gun, holster, mag pouches and all the other crap I need it to support.

So I guess I'm seconding what MacGyver wrote.

Again, just my opinion. :pleased:

Edited by prag

Check out Bullhide belts. http://www.bullhidebelts.com/. They even have a reversible gun belt. I am really tough on belts. Belly pushes it down and no butt to hold it up, so I have to pull it really tight and the holes tear out. I got their Indestructible belt. It is some sort of synthetic material.I have worn it every day for 6 months and it still looks brand new.

Glenn

I have a Bullhide belt I bought at the gun show in Nashville 2 or 3 yrs ago. Gave $35 for it,

now about twice that, but has been a really good gun belt. Fits well, stiff, no sign of wear

thus far.

Guest 73challenger

I 2nd the wilderness belt. I have had mine for awhile now and still love it. I think I might still be wearing this in 10 years(if I still fit in it...). I also have a 5.11 leather belt that is pretty nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my DM Bullard belt in today. All I have to say is wow, I can't believe I've waited this long to buy a good belt. This thing is awesome, I'm going to pick another one up in black next time. This one is saddle brown. Picks later.

Now all I have to do is wait 4 weeks for my wilderness belt to come in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have gotten a lot of good use out of galco belts. Nice leather with a great buckle. I also have one from the guns n leather leathersmith guy that is really nice as well. I think he places some type of plastic between two layers of leather that really help to support the holster/gun.