Father punches man trying to meet his 12 yr old daughter

I am so glad we did not have a daughter. I would have been in jail for keeping her chained to a radiator and there would be dozens of shallow depressions on my property. And in a case like this I would have beat the man so he would never think about looking at an underage girl.

Problem with this, as the investigation is going to show, is the man has done this before. Rarely do criminals get caught the first time they break the law. And for someone to be so bold as to meet a girl, that is what she is, in a public area for not so public intentions means he has become very bold. Hopefully LE will find no victims but in reality they probably will and when they do I hope they toss this guy under the jail or at least in general population for a bit of inmate justice.

Dolomite

Unfortunately this is how our youth today socializes. As much as I would like to shield my kids from the world, I can't expect that it will keep them safe from harm, and distancing them from the media that all of their friends use to communicate may cause more problems than it solves. We're raising them to be adults, not children. The best we can do as parents is raise our kids to recognize certain dangers like this and trust us enough to let us know. At any rate, his daughter should not have been corresponding with this man and should have come to her father right away. Not sure if that's what happened or not, but certainly it's what she should have been raised to do. Hopefully I'm raising my daughter to be smart. If anything, she won't want Daddy to go to jail for the rest of his life because she didn't heed his advice.

Good for the father for punching the guy out, but it would have been best (albeit, not as satisfying) to get the police involved first. At least then they could have set up a sting and had enough to put him in jail.

Ah, once you have them you'd never want to go back to a life without them.

I love other people's kids. They're great. It's sad I have to be careful how I say that.

I'm the only son of an only son. I'm doing the world a great service by ending this bloodline.

• Like 1

Yep. I have Corrections officers that trade with us here at the shop. They'll tell you in a heartbeat, child offenders walk a fine line. Threaten to tell the population they prey on kids and they'll do anything you ask.

I think there should be a memo passed out to all inmates with the name a picture of the person everytime a child offender goes in.

• Like 1

Yep. I have Corrections officers that trade with us here at the shop. They'll tell you in a heartbeat, child offenders walk a fine line. Threaten to tell the population they prey on kids and they'll do anything you ask.

I think there should be a memo passed out to all inmates with the name a picture of the person everytime a child offender goes in.

You are right, I mean, get them used to being registered while they are on the inside to ensure when (if) they get out they will have fond memories of bubba.

I love other people's kids. They're great.

Other people's kids are great! because when they start pissing you off you can send them home and you don't have to deal with any of the nuisances of having your own.