American guns blows my mind!!!

I watched the episode last night just now and i about died! Rich was telling a guy that to take his old wood stock 870 and turn it into a "home defense" weapon it would cost him 1700!!! What the hell?? He could buy a freakin Wilson combat for that price brand new!! Then when the guy tries to trade in his .300 win mag he offers him $200!! It was a pro hunter with custom break, trigger job and an optic!! If people are seriously paying these kinds of orices for this crap they need to have their heads examined!!! Now I'm done with my rant! :)

Edited by CM1021

I watched the episode last night just now and i about died! Rich was telling a guy that to take his old wood stock 870 and turn it into a "home defense" weapon it would cost him 1700!!! What the hell?? He could buy a freakin Wilson combat for that price brand new!! Then when the guy tries to trade in his .300 win mag he offers him $200!! It was a pro hunter with custom break, trigger job and an optic!! If people are seriously paying these kinds of orices for this crap they need to have their heads examined!!! Now I'm done with my rant! :)

Edited by CM1021

I have thought the same thing. I paid less then 400 for my express tac. 870. Sure I don't have the light on it, or a custom trigger but I promise it goes bang when needed. Did you see the one where a guy had I believe a 7mag totally rebuilt only keeping the action? I have been meaning to go back and rewatch that one. The guy was dumb to have one totally destroyed to make a new gun out of 1 part of it and for what he paid. He should have just brought what he wanted and had 2 guns. I like seeing the guns but I feel they do a disservice plus they had to add drama with the gun smiths this year just to follow TV format.

I've said it once and I'll say it again.

A crap load of crap from crap town.

Scripts, actors, and bad production, these guys give reality tv a bad name and that's pretty hard to do.

If any real money actually changes hands it's happening twice. Once from the producers to the actors, and again from the actors back to the producers.

Remember if $1000 is sexy $10,000 is sexier.

I go back and forth on what's more upsetting, the writers low opinion of the intelligence of those watching or the fact that some people actually believe that crap.

While I'm ranting, another thing that chaps my a$$ is the people watching sons of guns and going online spouting crap about Vince leaving everyone in a lurch. Come on people he was under contract. He wouldn't/couldnt have up and left the way they portray it happening, the Hollywood lawyers would own his house, all his possessions, and his new business.

His leaving wasn't a surprise to any one except the viewers.

OK, rant officially over, god I hate tv sometimes.

• Like 1

I watched the episode last night just now and i about died! Rich was telling a guy that to take his old wood stock 870 and turn it into a "home defense" weapon it would cost him 1700!!! What the hell??

Yep that was plain outta the ball park.

Everybody agrees the show sucks, but I still watch it to see how bad its gonna get.

I want to see an episode where he lows balls somebody and the tell him to go **** himself

Edited by laktrash

Maybe we need to become a start up. With prices like that we could advertise and pass the work along to others. we could pay to get the upgrade done double the price when we return the product and the customer would save big. Of course it all depends on us being able to find the dumb customers.

I stopped watching after I heard him rip that guy off. I can't believe someone would be stupid enough to spend $1700 to upgrade a HD shotgun. I don't even know how you can spend $1700 on upgrades for a HD shotgun. Pretty sure I could have gotten the same gun for under $700 including buying the 870

Everything that was put on that shotgun was over the counter items that the guy could have installed himself. For $1700 he should have gotten three shotguns. I can't stand that extreamly large gunsmiths asinine attitude about everything. I want to see the older guy take his cane and shove it up his butt. On his facebook page Rich defends those extorsionate prices by saying the tv show doesn't show all that goes into makeing those firearms. But that said he does have a HOT wife {the daughter is way too young}

Yeah, I usually just tune out, leave the room, or something during the parts when Rich is on the screen. I know the customer interactions/prices/etc are all scripted and none of it is real but its best for my blood pressure if I don't watch those parts. I do enjoy watching the gunsmith parts where they are actually working on the guns/parts. Sons of Guns doesn't really show much in this area and I wish they would.

If the HD shotgun makes you mad there was also an episode where they supposedly charged several thousand dollars to build a .308 AR for some lady. LOL

My "favorite" has to be the alligator gun episode. So wrong in so many ways I won't even get into it.

I seen this one as well!! I about spit water all over the screen when he told him the price for the gun!! I don't know why they would even put crap like this on TV? I met the older man once when I was out visiting my in-laws...he said he used to truck in bristol and he was a genuinely nice guy! But I don't think I could even be on the same gun range as Rich Wyatt...now his daughter and wife on the other hand!! :D

I also remember one a "pistol packin priest".

What a joke, the guy was an ordained minister with one of those Internet based churches that would even make me a minister.

So anyway he pays (surprise surprise) $10,000 for a single action revolver for cowboy shooting.

Sh&$! Bob Mungden will customize you up a Ruger specifacly for cowboy trick shooting for two grand or less and we all know how proud Bob Mungden is of Bob Mungden. From the looks of things Bobs would mop the floor with one of Rich's.

Sometime I think the reason I watch the show is because it's good to get the blood boiling every once in a while.

I also remember one a "pistol packin priest".

What a joke, the guy was an ordained minister with one of those Internet based churches that would even make me a minister.

So anyway he pays (surprise surprise) $10,000 for a single action revolver for cowboy shooting.

Sh&$! Bob Mungden will customize you up a Ruger specifacly for cowboy trick shooting for two grand or less and we all know how proud Bob Mungden is of Bob Mungden. From the looks of things Bobs would mop the floor with one of Rich's.

Sometime I think the reason I watch the show is because it's good to get the blood boiling every once in a while.

Hamilton Bowen's pistols would make Rich's work look like a spray painted Heritage Rough RIder and you can get one of his for less than $3K

It’s just entertainment. I doubt anyone believes that a Police Department with 19 sworn Officers could justify $5K for a sniper rifle, or that there would be “15-20 to followâ€, or that anyone would pay $2500 for a paint job on a rifle. Maybe on the real housewives of Beverly Hills, but not in the gun community.

But you do need a lot of cash though when you fly to all your gun deals in a helicopter. :)