Did Mitt Romney Commit A Felony By Failing To Correctly Report His Status at Bain Capital?

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

[media=]

[/media]

I for one would love to see how this all shakes down. If it is proven that he lied, then he should surely be removed from running for POTUS 2012. Also that will only leave one candidate in the Republican party. Then you would have two Constitutional leaning candidates and one Communist.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214
Guest bkelm18

[media=]

[/media]

I for one would love to see how this all shakes down. If it is proven that he lied, then he should surely be removed from running for POTUS 2012. Also that will only leave one candidate in the Republican party. Then you would have two Constitutional leaning candidates and one Communist.

And the communist would HANDILY win with a landslide most likely.

I for one would love to see how this all shakes down.

I, for one, would love to see you post something original with you rather than internet videos day after day.

If you actually stated your views and debated issues instead of just posting videos you might actually sway people to your positions...hell, I might even agree with you once in a while. :)

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1

Why would the communist win handily?

I doubt the GOP could even pick a candidate before november if Mitt were thrown in jail tomorrow. They would be left with Ron paul, who would scare away anyone on the fence, IMHO.

It is not horse crap. As governer Mitt increased the tax burden with sneaky changes (not direct tax increase) including things like increasing the price of gun permits (a tax on gun owners). He is likely to increase taxes IMHO as president --- either directly or indirectly. He is a self proclaimed moderate and "progressive leaning" --- a RINO. He says the right words on gun control but that seems funny from somone who supports a 5 day wait to buy, supports MA's gun control laws in full, admits to not agreeing with the NRA, supports bans on weapons that can be used against police, supports "assault weapons ban", and more. I can look at him and obama and wonder why Obama does not ditch biden and take Mitt for VP --- I just do not see any difference. Time may prove me wrong, but I do not care for Mitt one bit.

I doubt the GOP could even pick a candidate before november if Mitt were thrown in jail tomorrow. They would be left with Ron paul, who would scare away anyone on the fence, IMHO.

It is not horse crap. As governer Mitt increased the tax burden with sneaky changes (not direct tax increase) including things like increasing the price of gun permits (a tax on gun owners). He is likely to increase taxes IMHO as president --- either directly or indirectly. He is a self proclaimed moderate and "progressive leaning" --- a RINO. He says the right words on gun control but that seems funny from somone who supports a 5 day wait to buy, supports MA's gun control laws in full, admits to not agreeing with the NRA, supports bans on weapons that can be used against police, supports "assault weapons ban", and more. I can look at him and obama and wonder why Obama does not ditch biden and take Mitt for VP --- I just do not see any difference. Time may prove me wrong, but I do not care for Mitt one bit.

I believe Mit to be an honest man and an man of good morals.

I believe he honestly loves this country.

Most importantly to me, I believe him to be a capitalist and NOT a COMMUNIST.

Every negative (assuming they are true and in context) you can say the same thing about Obama except you would need to multiply by about 10 to the 20th power.

Deciding between Mit and Obama; absolutely no contest for me.

Edited by RobertNashville

Must be a big fence. It would bring every libertarian to the Rs and as I've mentioned before; I know many Ds who are disgruntled with the current excuse we have and claim they would vote for Dr. Paul, though claims are suspect until action.

I'd say as long as the Rs who are telling us "splitters" to toe the line actually followed their own recommendations, he would have a helluva chance.

Edited by sigmtnman

Maybe paul could do it, maybe not. I would vote for him any day, but I just do not see him beating obama with a campaign restarted at this late date. The hate for obama is strong, but is it that strong? I do not know, but my guess is no.

Yes, I can say that I do think mitt has a good heart, loves the country, and the other stuff. That will not stop him from banning AR's (if congress handed him the bill, he would sign it) or raising taxes. I do not care for his views. Orders of magnitude of bad do not impress me ---- is the best we can do in the USA a choice from {horrible, awful, moronic, bad, worse} ?! That is a depressing thought.

Maybe paul could do it, maybe not. I would vote for him any day, but I just do not see him beating obama with a campaign restarted at this late date. The hate for obama is strong, but is it that strong? I do not know, but my guess is no.

Yes, I can say that I do think mitt has a good heart, loves the country, and the other stuff. That will not stop him from banning AR's (if congress handed him the bill, he would sign it) or raising taxes. I do not care for his views. Orders of magnitude of bad do not impress me ---- is the best we can do in the USA a choice from {horrible, awful, moronic, bad, worse} ?! That is a depressing thought.

I don't like comparing magnitude of bad either but as I've said in other threads, I'm a pragmatist about such things...maybe Mit would sign a bill to take my "assault rifles" and maybe he wouldn't but I have good reason to believe that Obama would not only sign such a bill but would confiscate every single gun in existence (including anything that looks like a gun) and destroy them if he could.

I simply will not vote for a fringe candidate...if I find my choice that objectionable I'll simply chose not to vote at all. I would vote for RP if he were the Republican nominee but he isn't the Republican nominee. Moreover, I don't believe he can or would beat Obama in a head to head fight for many of the same reasons he has failed to win the nomination both times he's tried to obtain it.

There is this speculation about what Paul would do if he magically became the nominee. Fact is, there were a bunch of primaries where his supporters had a chance to come out and vote, and they didn't. Hell, I was rooting for him. Ron can't win, and it's a proven fact. I wish he could. I'm one of the small minority that would vote for him.

It's not speculation of if he magically became the nominee. It's just the idea that this throws somewhat of a monkey wrench into who the presumed nominee is.

Also, It could be presumed that he would lose but not a proven fact until after the fact.

At the very minimum, if the SEC docs are accurate, Romney appears to have a bit of a Monica Lewinsky-ish issue. It would appear that running a company would depend on what the definition of running a company is. To the best of my knowledge, being a CEO means you run a company. At least we don't have to worry about whether he had sexual relations with the company. Well unless screwing it with the KB toys and the other deals count. :ugh:

Edited by sigmtnman

I don't like comparing magnitude of bad either but as I've said in other threads, I'm a pragmatist about such things...maybe Mit would sign a bill to take my "assault rifles" and maybe he wouldn't but I have good reason to believe that Obama would not only sign such a bill but would confiscate every single gun in existence (including anything that looks like a gun) and destroy them if he could.

I simply will not vote for a fringe candidate...if I find my choice that objectionable I'll simply chose not to vote at all. I would vote for RP if he were the Republican nominee but he isn't the Republican nominee. Moreover, I don't believe he can or would beat Obama in a head to head fight for many of the same reasons he has failed to win the nomination both times he's tried to obtain it.

This^
  • Like 1

It's not speculation of if he magically became the nominee. It's just the idea that this throws somewhat of a monkey wrench into who the presumed nominee is.

Also, It could be presumed that he would lose but not a proven fact until after the fact.

At the very minimum, if the SEC docs are accurate, Romney appears to have a bit of a Monica Lewinsky-ish issue. It would appear that running a company would depend on what the definition of running a company is. To the best of my knowledge, being a CEO means you run a company.

He already lost. What has changed? Besides, my money says that Mitt will wiggle his way out of this mess in no time.

If the winning horse in a race is disqualified do the other horses not move up in the rankings?

I admit I've not kept up with the delegate counts, so I'm not sure who is would be second.

Oh and I agree he will most likely get out of it one way or another if it is true.

Edited by sigmtnman
  • Admin Team

To address the original topic first, despite the DNC's blathering on this, they'll get some traction with their message that "Mitt Romney isn't like you", but won't take it any further. The day they start filing charges against politicians on tax charges is the day that every last one of them goes to jail.

All the Ron Paul stuff makes me laugh. Does anyone actually believe that he is really prepared to be anything other than a voice of dissent? I know he loves this country, and we'd all be better off if our respective congressmen actually cared as much as Dr. Paul does. But despite that, I think that if Mitt Romney called him tomorrow and told him he was pulling out and would support Paul, I don't think he would know what to do.

I really respect a lot of Ron Paul's views - I think he's crazier than a bowling shoe on a lot of others - but I don't believe for a single minute that he's actually prepared to be President of the United States.

If the winning horse in a race is disqualified do the other horses not move up in the rankings?

I admit I've not kept up with the delegate counts, so I'm not sure who is would be second.

Oh and I agree he will most likely get out of it one way or another if it is true.

I am not sure, but I think paul has the runner up spot because the others dropped out of the race. He is technically still running and did not officially drop out of the race, unless I missed it. That would be a twist. But I have no idea how the rules work, perhaps they start over and anyone can run again, or the GOP makes an emergency nomination / vote of the party bigwigs? I think I will look up what the rules are if I can find them.

To address the original topic first, despite the DNC's blathering on this, they'll get some traction with their message that "Mitt Romney isn't like you", but won't take it any further. The day they start filing charges against politicians on tax charges is the day that every last one of them goes to jail.

All the Ron Paul stuff makes me laugh. Does anyone actually believe that he is really prepared to be anything other than a voice of dissent? I know he loves this country, and we'd all be better off if our respective congressmen actually cared as much as Dr. Paul does. But despite that, I think that if Mitt Romney called him tomorrow and told him he was pulling out and would support Paul, I don't think he would know what to do.

I really respect a lot of Ron Paul's views - I think he's crazier than a bowling shoe on a lot of others - but I don't believe for a single minute that he's actually prepared to be President of the United States.

It's not really a matter of taxes is it? It's been my impression that SEC and election filings are serious business and this is related to those filings.

It makes me laugh about the Ron Paul stuff too. Surely he would not believe it if he were to actually get the nomination, but just as surely he would be no worse than the last 1,2,3,4, all of the bozos we've had since Jeff Davis.

Edited by sigmtnman

I am not sure, but I think paul has the runner up spot because the others dropped out of the race. He is technically still running and did not officially drop out of the race, unless I missed it. That would be a twist. But I have no idea how the rules work, perhaps they start over and anyone can run again, or the GOP makes an emergency nomination / vote of the party bigwigs? I think I will look up what the rules are if I can find them.

Yeah I have no idea either but you are probably correct. It would be a cold day in hell before they let Dr. Paul be the nominee. That is unless he is really controlled opposition. It really sucks being a gadfly sometimes.

Wasn't talking about delegates. He didn't get the votes from regular folks. How could he win a general election when he can't get enough regular folks to vote for him?

Wasn't talking about delegates. He didn't get the votes from regular folks. How could he win a general election when he can't get enough regular folks to vote for him?

Sorry, I was under the impression he received more votes than the other candidates, excluding Romney of course.

Edited by sigmtnman

Without a lot of time, I did not find the by-laws or anything on what the GOP or RNC or whatever would do if Mitt were to withdraw due to felony at this point in the race. Total web search fail, I will try it again later but if someone else finds it first throw us a link.