Worst or overpriced gun dealer

Guest Boomhower
There's a dealer near Kingston, Frontier Firearms. I met a man that works there, he was carrying a new EMP1911 from Sprigfield. When I talked to him about the pistol he told me that he got it at Gander, Frontier wouldn't give him as good a deal.

DON'T FORGET, HE WORKS FOR FRONTIER.

If I'm not mistaken, and it's been a while since I last looked, Gander was $200 higher on the EMP than what I bought mine for at J Floyd's when they were still in Knoxville. I caught mine on sell at 10% off just before they closed and saved an additional $100 :tinfoil:.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest darkstar
I went to Gander Mtn, for the first time in Bowling Green. KY. It was without a doubt

the higest priced place I have ever seen.

My folks live in Bowling Green and I often pop in there to check out the prices...unbelievable, dunno how they stay in business. At least in Bowling Green it's one of the few places to buy a gun except for a couple of pawn shops....I guess they figure they have a monoploly

Guest Boomhower
I guess they figure they have a monoploly

I think they figure they have the "variety". The variety that other local smaller gun shops can not afford to have, be it shelf space or not being able to sell a particular firearm as rapidly as other brands so they just won't stock it (but they can order it for you :tinfoil:). I wonder if they can do as many other "merchandise" stores will. If they don't have what you want, can they have it there from a sister store in a day or two?

Guest NormShaver
Gander sells a pretty large variety of severely overpriced firearms.

sorry i should have used the sarcastic font :tinfoil:

Lets hear you all vent a little, weve all been to one. Mine is useltons, followed by Franklin gunshop. The all time worst though is GUNCITY. Its ten bucks to pass gas in there. Franklins a nice shop but higher than a cats back.

Uesltons I dont know about except to say that I never got warm fuzzies going to the old shop.

Franklin has probably the largest selection in town, the nicest quarters, and supports a whole family. Guncity has been around since dirt.

I think I need to double my prices and develop a bad attitude to customers and then I'll make a good living....

Rabbi if you do that you will also need to charge everybody that comes in a $10 entrance fee. Be sure to stamp their hand so they can come back in for free on the same day!

Guest darkstar
I think they figure they have the "variety". The variety that other local smaller gun shops can not afford to have, be it shelf space or not being able to sell a particular firearm as rapidly as other brands so they just won't stock it (but they can order it for you :)). I wonder if they can do as many other "merchandise" stores will. If they don't have what you want, can they have it there from a sister store in a day or two?

Dunno, never purchased from them....generally I think you get lousy customer service at the giganto-stores. I try to support the local establishments whenever feasible. But your point is a good one.

Guest darkstar
Uesltons I dont know about except to say that I never got warm fuzzies going to the old shop.

Franklin has probably the largest selection in town, the nicest quarters, and supports a whole family. Guncity has been around since dirt.

I think I need to double my prices and develop a bad attitude to customers and then I'll make a good living....

Whaddya mean "develop"? :)

You oughtta charge a cover to get in your place....folks it would be worth a few bucks, believe me.

Whaddya mean "develop"? :)

You oughtta charge a cover to get in your place....folks it would be worth a few bucks, believe me.

Thanks. I'm already considering charging rent on floorspace to some people. I've had people stand there for literally over an hour and leave with a one dollar item, maybe nothing at all.

As I mentioned, all the stores in the "top dollar" category have been around awhile and appear succesful (maybe not Useltons). So they must sell stuff, otherwise they'd be out of business. Who's buying this?

Guest darkstar
Thanks. I'm already considering charging rent on floorspace to some people. I've had people stand there for literally over an hour and leave with a one dollar item, maybe nothing at all.

As I mentioned, all the stores in the "top dollar" category have been around awhile and appear succesful (maybe not Useltons). So they must sell stuff, otherwise they'd be out of business. Who's buying this?

Hey I usually buy a box or two of ammo!!!!!

Hey now don't talk about Kahrman like that!:woohoo:

Kahrman has spent more money in my shop than you make in a month. Probably more than he makes in a month too.

Don't be dissing him.

Oh Really? :stunned:Well screw you then. My friends and I will start going to Hero-Gear!:woohoo:

Brady should be in around lunch time to pick up that GP-100. But that's the last time I send anybody I know to you!:eek:

Edited by Urse
Frickin' diction!
Just because he defended one of his patrons? Wow...

Hey, I deal with a sensitive crowd. You gotta know how to handle them. Urse actually enjoys getting abused. So he opens himself up for it.

I heard Mikhail Kalashnikov is carrying a 1911 these days. Something about American technology being so much more reliable than the Europeans...

There is only one shop which I have ever bought from which I will never return to. It's in Tullahoma... it's the only one in Tullahoma, so it's not hard to figure out.

Of the several others which I've patronized, Franklin Gun Shop was very friendly but overpriced. Specialty Arms II in Lavergne wasn't so overpriced, but certainly not very friendly. Not that you have to make me feel like you're my buddy in order to sell me something once... but it sure helps if you want to sell me something twice.

Relax you guys. I was joking. I believe Bill got that and that is who the joke was intended for. I would hope Kahrman recognizes my attempts at humor by now also. Besides we see each other quite often at Eastside that is what I was originally alluding to. Bill I don't agree that I like to be abused although I am married with kids.:blink: I just don't give a f#@k what anyone else thinks of me in general. Toodles.........:eek:

i hope you don't start charging me rent based on floorspace cause I take up a lot of floor space...:blink:

i hope you don't start charging me rent based on floorspace cause I take up a lot of floor space...:blink:

I want to know what you tell the wife. Then I want you to give lessons to all the rest of my customers. You wouldnt believe how many guns I could sell because every swinging dick through that door won't buy a gun because the wife will kill him if he comes home with one more.