Small Town Security

Guest r10tm4k3r

I sat through about half of the first episode, it was a necessity because AMC decided to show a 4 minute trailer of The Walking Dead's next season during STS. It is awful. I will not be watching again. I was surprised that such a dumb show made its way onto AMC. I

I am a very loyal fan of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and The Killing.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Just the commercials about that show bug me. As far as I can tell it seems to be a show about a lazy foul mouthed woman who wouldn't have a job at all if her family wasn't running any kind of business. Am I right?

Just the commercials about that show bug me. As far as I can tell it seems to be a show about a lazy foul mouthed woman who wouldn't have a job at all if her family wasn't running any kind of business. Am I right?

I think you pegged it.

saw the first show. it was hard to watch. low class and makes us from the south look bad.

IMHO nothing will ever make us look as bad as the atlanta olympics opening ceremony. Monster trux & yeeha? Its like they import a yankee or a left coast idiot to plan these things and they cram in all the stereotypes that will fit and then some. You can almost bet on it, if the show is as described (no clue, I do not watch tv) that one or the other is behind it as the writer/producer or bankroll.

My job takes me to DC now and then. Arrogant bunch, soon as they hear the accent they make all sorts of assumptions. But drive around the town, and half the buildings look to be falling in, spray painted, and totally ghetto. If DC is so much better, why does it look like a bad gangsta movie set?

My job takes me to DC now and then. Arrogant bunch, soon as they hear the accent they make all sorts of assumptions. But drive around the town, and half the buildings look to be falling in, spray painted, and totally ghetto. If DC is so much better, why does it look like a bad gangsta movie set?

They are trying to make it look like Detroit.

I had seen enough advertisments for it that I looked it up on line and watched part of the 1st episode. I was just curious what it could be about. I turned it off after 10 minuets. I still don't know what it's about and I don't thing the producers do either. Total waste of time. :down:

Carol Burnett was funny.

Red Skelton was funny.

"Whose Line is it Anyway?" was funny.

The first cast of SNL was funny.

Shows like this have no comedic OR intellectual value. They're voyeurism.

No thanks.

How is this any different than any of the other 100 shows they are doing now just like it. American Choppers, American Pickers, Hoarders, Pawn Stars, Swamp People, Storage Wars, Ice Road truckers, Gold Rush, Auction Kings, Barter Kings, etc etc etc. There is a reality for just about anything and everything. Throw enough sh*t at the wall and hopefully some will stick.

How is this any different than any of the other 100 shows they are doing now just like it. American Choppers, American Pickers, Hoarders, Pawn Stars, Swamp People, Storage Wars, Ice Road truckers, Gold Rush, Auction Kings, Barter Kings, etc etc etc. There is a reality for just about anything and everything. Throw enough sh*t at the wall and hopefully some will stick.

Hoarders is pretty much how people really live if they are extreme hoarders. And I find it fascinating actualy how people can amass such crapp and live in filth like that.

Not sure on the rest but I watched all of them at one point or the other just to see what it is about.

I actualy liked Gold Rush and American Pickers.

I like to just puke everytime I see Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Guest Grout

I live about 5 miles from Ringgold where the show is filmed.This woman Joan Kaplin is a loon and everybody in town knows it.BTW she is a transplanted Yankee from New York.Also the head security "person" is a "she-he-it", a woman who's taking male horimones.

I live about 5 miles from Ringgold where the show is filmed.This woman Joan Kaplin is a loon and everybody in town knows it.BTW she is a transplanted Yankee from New York.Also the head security "person" is a "she-he-it", a woman who's taking male horimones.

Hah, I was right! Every time there is someone making the south look bad, a yankee or a leftcoaster is involved. Mark my words.

• Like 1

PCRC11 hit a sore spot of mine right on the head. All of the special intrest channels that used to carry programming dedicated to what ever area of intrest the channel is named have now gone to reality. HGTV now shows people shopping for homes instead of how to DIY, History shows pawn shops and pickers not history, the food channel shows have all become cooking competitions and a lot of the shows on every channel including network have somebody getting voted off or eliminated every day. The only thing good if there is anything good about it is that if you leave the room and come back you haven't missed any of the story line because there is none. :rant: