Aurora Shooter NOT wearing body armor

Evidently, Holmes was NOT wearing body armor:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Retailer-who-sold-to-Holmes-getting-backlash-3730881.php

It appears that he was wearing a BlackHawk Urban Assault Vest:

http://tacticalgear.com/blackhawk-urban-assault-vest

So, like the moniker "assault rifle," I guess all tactical vests will now become "body armor." Can't wait to see how this gets spun by the media. In any event, it goes to show how bad reporting has become in general. Just can't seem to get the facts straight.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I'm officially sick and tired of the media ass-u-me ing a bunch of opinions and representing them as facts. They need to get on the idiot box and start retracting this crap immediately. It's like someone else said of career politicians in another thread, they will never just come out and say "I don't know".

Guest 6.8 AR

How do you know the media assumed it? They could have as easily made it up, like they routinely do.

Like Brian Ross and the Tea Party connection. They were intentionally looking for something like that

and stopped looking afterwards.

How do you know the media assumed it? They could have as easily made it up, like they routinely do.

Like Brian Ross and the Tea Party connection. They were intentionally looking for something like that

and stopped looking afterwards.

Just as likely actually.

I think it's pretty weak minded and just plain pathetic that the retailer is getting this level of harassment as well with people calling to tell them " this blood is on your hands". He bought a few benign accessories online, if he had eat a big mac would Ronald McDonald have blood on his as well?

I understand being frustrated and scared and wanting to lay blame somewhere, but how about stoping the buck Holmes the psycho responsible?

Guest bkelm18

Just as likely actually.

I think it's pretty weak minded and just plain pathetic that the retailer is getting this level of harassment as well with people calling to tell them " this blood is on your hands". He bought a few benign accessories online, if he had eat a big mac would Ronald McDonald have blood on his as well?

I understand being frustrated and scared and wanting to lay blame somewhere, but how about stoping the buck Holmes the psycho responsible?

Because that is the society we have become. Just like the other thread where one of the victims is going to sue Warner Brothers for making a violent movie. People have a rabid urge to place blame on anything and everything instead of just resigning to the fact that, hey, maybe that's just life. People die and people get hurt. People have been dying for a long, long time. People have been murdering since the dawn of time. People just aren't capable of accepting it anymore. They have to blame something, no matter how ridiculous it may be.

... if he had eat a big mac would Ronald McDonald have blood on his as well?

Only if he was drinking a 27 oz soda while he was eating the Big Mac.... oh wait, Big Macs have transfats right? Then yes, blood would indeed be on Ronny's hands.

Only if he was drinking a 27 oz soda while he was eating the Big Mac.... oh wait, Big Macs have transfats right? Then yes, blood would indeed be on Ronny's hands.

Imagine the chaos that ensue if he'd poured hot coffee on the victims first.

Even if this had been a physical store and the transaction had been face to face it would be bull#### to blame the retailer. This guy operates a website that filled an order for a vest to hold spare mags and ####. That's it.

So, is it possible that he was wearing a bullet resistant vest along with the tactical vest? Or is it now pretty much 100% certain that he was not wearing a bullet resistant vest, at all? What about reports stating he was also wearing soft armor 'leggings' and so on? Were those reports BS?

Maybe this wasn't so much a bid by the media to try and parlay this tragedy into a loss of gun rights as it was an attempt to be able to say, "Well, a person with a carry gun couldn't have done much because he was wearing body armor." You know, maybe an attempt to keep more people from carrying by promoting the idea that, "Having a gun wouldn't have done the victims any good," rather than admitting, "Someone in close proximity to the shooter could have used a carried firearm to neutralize the shooter and end the massacre before so many people fell victim to his murderous rampage."

Edited by JAB
Guest 6.8 AR

You know, maybe the FCC should start charging the media Fines for such inaccurate reporting. I mean if the FCC is going to fine them for showing a tit or fowl language, I believe accurate reporting is worse.

The FCC could go the way of the ATF, as far as I'm concerned, somewhere else far away.

The FCC could go the way of the ATF, as far as I'm concerned, somewhere else far away.

I can agree with that, however I was just thinking the FCC could be used a total to hit the media over the head some on their way.

You know, maybe the FCC should start charging the media Fines for such inaccurate reporting.

If they did it would be like perjury, they would have to know they were lying and it would have to material to the case. Unless someone is trying to outlaw body armor, or unless you are a person that took a shot at him, who really cares if he had body armor on?

And if they did that it would be seen as a government conspiracy to silence the media. biggrin.gif

Edited by DaveTN