Kershaw Cryo/ZT 0560 (Hinderer Collabs)

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got both of these in this week. Nice knives. Especially the 560. I took a few pics of them with my XM18.

IMG_0013.jpg

Hey Cap, what's that one on top there?

I gotta get me a new daily cary knife. My Spyderco endura 4 is starting to fall apart. The blade is still perfect but all the screws I've had to locktite and cover the heads in epoxy to get them to stay put. I've had it for several years but it's time to pitch in a drawer and move on. I like that top one.

Edited by Caster

The top one is the Zero Tolerance 0560. The picture is a bit deceiving as it looks to be the same size as the XM but its a bit larger. You can see that in a couple of the other angles.

If the 560 is something you are interested in, pm me and I will let you know where you can get the best price on one.

I think your Cryo and your 0560 would get a lot more attention if you didn't photograph them with that ridiculously sexy anodized XM-18. Seriously though, nice group. I like my 0560 a lot. Never handled a Cryo but it looks like usual Kershaw quality. Congrats!

Thanks for posting the Cyro. I mentioned these a few months back for those who are looking at a Hinderer-style knife, but don't want to shell out Hinderer or ZT 0560/0561 money. I am surprised it is so small. It looks almost about the size of an 3" XM-18. Still, if it is anything like the 0561's, it should be really good.

How do you like your ZT0560? I think ZT did a fantastic job. From all the 0560/0561's I have seen, the flipper is much better than Hinderer's. To be quite honest, I think the flipper on Hinderer's XM series is really hit or miss. They are either really good or really bad. A guy I know has three XM blades, and the flipper on all of them are quite crappy. I would be ticked if they were mine. It is rather unfortunate considering how expensive they are. My XM-24 opens fast, so I got pretty lucky.

For those interested in a size comparison of the ZT 0561, I did a thread a while back when I got my 0561.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/47535-zt-0561-hinderer-warning-pic-heavy/

Thanks for posting the Cyro. I mentioned these a few months back for those who are looking at a Hinderer-style knife, but don't want to shell out Hinderer or ZT 0560/0561 money. I am surprised it is so small. It looks almost about the size of an 3" XM-18. Still, if it is anything like the 0561's, it should be really good.

How do you like your ZT0560? I think ZT did a fantastic job. From all the 0560/0561's I have seen, the flipper is much better than Hinderer's. To be quite honest, I think the flipper on Hinderer's XM series is really hit or miss. They are either really good or really bad. A guy I know has three XM blades, and the flipper on all of them are quite crappy. I would be ticked if they were mine. It is rather unfortunate considering how expensive they are. My XM-24 opens fast, so I got pretty lucky.

For those interested in a size comparison of the ZT 0561, I did a thread a while back when I got my 0561.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/47535-zt-0561-hinderer-warning-pic-heavy/

Very interesting that you have seen problems with the Hinderer flippers. I personally have owned 4 and they were all great at flipping that massive of a blade. Rick Hinderer would tell you himself that his knives are not built to be the fastest flippers on the market they do what they are supposed to and easily open with one hand. If you want to see a custom knife that will smoke any Hinderer or any other knife on the market at flipping that I have seen RJ Martin is your man a Q36 is the sweetest flipper on the planet in my opinion, I foolishly sold the two I owned for a profit I need another

Mav tell your friend if he is not happy about anything on his knives Rick will make it right. The pivot screw on the XM knives can be adjusted and perhaps was tightened too much on the ones your friend has? Simple fix

Edited by willis68

A guy I know has three XM blades, and the flipper on all of them are quite crappy. I would be ticked if they were mine. It is rather unfortunate considering how expensive they are.

Have him contact me and I'll take the defective Hinderers off of his hands.

People really do get into knifes like that? I didnt know there is a following for knifes

Knives are much worse than guns as far as I'm concerned. Absolutely addictive.

Echo that. Part of that is because blades are so much easier to snap up than guns, at least in the price range I generally inhabit. Approaching 200 or so, but I only have 3-4 that cost a c-note or more, and maybe only about 8-10 more even over $50.

The fact that I accidentally found myself to be a neck knife collector added to the sickness. Really am gonna sell off a bunch of stuff ere long, though, and have started my own private 12 step program. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

The cryo is a great small knife. The blade is 2.75 inches so it's smaller than any xm. The cryo 2 will be 3.25 so slightly larger. Check one out if you get the chance, you won't be disappointed.

As for the 560 vs XM, I find them both easy to use. The XM has a much heavier blade and uses only Teflon washers. The 560 has a lighter blade and rides on bearings. The 560 is easier for a beginner to flip but I have no problem getting full lockup out of either one.

And thanks everyone for the compliments. My XM is my baby. It was my grail knife and I was lucky enough to get it at blade.

Oh, they absolutely are. I've had the knife addiction for about 6 months now and it's keeping my wallet pretty flat. Now I'm into discontinued blades for some reason. Wish I could find a plain edged Random Leek for a good price.