walmart ammo

Guest Tyson1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know if it is true that most of walmarts ammo are reject shells, that no one else will sell??

It is a lie propagated by people who don't like Wal-Mart. Ammo manufacturers (at least the ones that I have visited) don't have separate lines for good and crappy ammo...it just isn't the way things work. It is SAMMI spec or it doesn't leave the shop.

Also...even if they did there is NO, zero, zip advantage of using virgin brass over once fired.

Edited by I_Like_Pie
Guest sling
does anyone know if it is true that most of walmarts ammo are reject shells, that no one else will sell??

I dont understand why people keep saying this. People's tin foil hats are too tight.:D

WWB is the same stuff that you buy off the shelves anywhere else...

well except for wolf... blah

Guest NormShaver

can't say i buy that much ammo at walmart other than 12/20 gauge stuff for skeet, and .22 cheap stuff, but who hasn't had a problem with cheapo .22 ammo

Guest mikedwood

I use WWB from Wal-mart at the range all the time. No problems in like 2000 rounds of 9mm, 38 and .45. Doesn't even seen that dirty either I usually shoot 100 per trip and clean after it.

Guest darkstar

I've never had any issue with WWB from Wally World on the few occasions I've bought it ( nothing against the ammo, I just hate Wally World ). The only stuff I've ever had a problem with was some of that Remington UMC 250 round pack stuff. Had several fail to fires with the same box, all from the same tray. Primer was hit and everything

Guest Brian@GunDepot
Wal-Mart ammo has never been any more problematic for me than buying it from other suppliers.

+1

I will say the cheap Wolf ammo shoots ok in all the pistol calibers, but I have had some problems with the .223 bulk ammo. It is just too dirty and causes a lot of extraction problems for most of the ARs I've shot it through.

It would not be seconds same as their firearms are not made cheaper for the marts. Think of the liability problems they and the ammo/firearms companies would have if it did not meet all standard specifications from SAMMI.

The way they get anything cheaper is by buying in large lots.

Guest moreland281

There ammo is the same as everyone elses.

If you are walmart you pretty much call the shots on what you are going to pay for their items or you will carry someone elses.

Weapons (some not all) that walmart carries is actually cheaper than I can purchase with a FFL

Guest jth_3s

Ive shot tons of wal-mart ammo and never had any problems but Ive started buying Wolf ammo since its a tad bit cheaper and just as good IMO.

Guest FroggyOne2

Wal-mart does carry a lot of plinking ammo.. I like making my own.. but sometimes.. if friends or family come in and your not prepared.. then it is off to the store for plinking ammo.. Glad that Winchester .45 ain't made in China yet.. or am I mistaken about that?

Guest gcrookston

All I can say about walmart is they put a few of my customers out of business... taking food off their tables and conversly, food off of mine. I haven't set foot in a walmart store since 1996. I'll gladly pay extra to shop elsewhere

Guest 70below

Some of the WWB calibers are supposed to be made in other countries such as by Sellier & Belliot and Prvi Partizan, but most is made in the good ol' US of A.

All I can say about walmart is they put a few of my customers out of business... taking food off their tables and conversly, food off of mine. I haven't set foot in a walmart store since 1996. I'll gladly pay extra to shop elsewhere

Paying higher prices for ammo will cut into my grocery money so paying more for ammo will take food off my table.

I don't/won't use Wolf and Wal-Mart ammo has never failed me in any caliber.

Guest FroggyOne2

There is just something about getting food for the table and food for the rifle and pistol in the same store eh!