Ted Nugent - NRA Spoksman

Guest nraforlife

Guest nraforlife

The LA Times recently speculated that rocker Ted Nugent is prepared to replace Charlton Heston as popular culture's most outspoken proponent of the 2nd Amendment.

In fact, he debuted his new song, "I Am the NRA," this past weekend at the 2008 NRA Annual Meetings & Exhibits convention in Louisville, Ky.

The Times wrote, “An iconoclast who lives the defiant, gun-toting lifestyle he espouses, Nugent makes his home on a ranch in Crawford, Texas, is a sheriff's deputy in Michigan and carries a concealed Glock Model 20 everywhere -- even into the recording studio.â€

"I'm a ranching guy. I'm a hunting guy," he says. "I'm Natty Bumppo meets Daniel Boone. This is how I live. . . . I don't tremble and I don't back off. . . ."

Nugent routinely plays at the NRA annual convention and says he is in the "heyday" of his career, performing concerts, writing bestselling books and starring in multiple reality TV shows.

ted.jpg

Courtesy TedNugent.com

:):D:D:woohoo::):woohoo:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm torn. I LIKE Ted and the fact he doesn't mince his words. Problem is...in the political arena...he isn't going to make ANY friends and could...no he WILL pi$$ off some antis who will push harder just to spite hum

Guest nraforlife
I'm torn. I LIKE Ted and the fact he doesn't mince his words. Problem is...in the political arena...he isn't going to make ANY friends and could...no he WILL pi$$ off some antis who will push harder just to spite hum

Maybe its time to pi$$ off some antis. What they going to do, make us pay a fee to carry a firearm? Oops we already have to pay for that right.. Obama or Hillary aren't going to be our friends anyway.

Guest Bronker

Good for him, Capt. Sound-bite!!!

His heart is always in the right place...followed distantly by his head!

No seriously, we're big fans here.

Matter of fact, I'm looking now at the six week old kittens we got for my kids yesterday...named Wango and Tango.

Enough said.

I like Uncle Ted a lot. It is about time someone represents gun owners and is "in your face" about it. Screw trying to placate the anti's. The best way is to keep pounding on them until they see the light.

Guest c_o_jones

Uncle Ted already wrote the perfect song that should be the anthem for the NRA

when it comes to bleeding heart gun grabbing liberal douchebags...

I am thinking of "Kiss my a$$!" :)

Guest grimel

Like they aren't trying hard as they can now. :rolleyes: It's time our side started pushing back and Uncle Ted pushes back with actual reasoned points.

• Administrator
Maybe its time to pi$$ off some antis. What they going to do, make us pay a fee to carry a firearm? Oops we already have to pay for that right.. Obama or Hillary aren't going to be our friends anyway.

Why are we $$ the word piss? :rolleyes:

Why are we $$ the word piss? :rolleyes:

force of habit from posting at more restrictive boards :D

After thinking about it...GO TED GO...as long as he doesn't break into "Love Grenade" during a media event we should be OK

Guest nraforlife

Who knows, he may just re-energize the NRA as Mr. Heston did. Damn, wouldn't it be nice to have an in your face NRA...

Guest GLOCKGUY
Who knows, he may just re-energize the NRA as Mr. Heston did. Damn, wouldn't it be nice to have an in your face NRA...

i would like to see it the way their doing it now ant working

Guest Grout

Ted is at his best talking about gun owners and hunters rights.He is very passionate and well spoken as well as a damn good guitar player.However he speaks of a "moral compass" but his gets him lost sometimes.Also if you join his forum you will get spam email out the wazoo.:tough:

Uncle Ted is awesome. Ted Nugent saved my life!! Long funny story but actually in a way he did keep me out of a bad situation in a round-about way.

I've always been a big Miami Vice fan and one day I had to go to Kroger to get some cleaning supplies. I'm on my way out the door and happen to catch the last 15 minutes of a Vice episode with Ted in it, so i sat down to watch. I then left and went up to Kroger. I'm about to get out of my car when cops come screaming up from everywhere. About 5 minutes prior there had been an armed robbery at the bank inside and they shot the teller (she lived luckily). I was 20 at the time so no gun, no permit, and by my calculations I would have walked in the door right about the time they were doing the deed. Would anything have happened to me? Who knows, but wither way I always thought that kind of an odd coincidence.