XDM for $585!

Smith

• Administrator
lol 709 may be good but 585 is better (and no tax)

Meh. The price on Topgun Supply has been increased to $589.95 ... so call it $590 for practical sakes and purposes.

+ $590 for the gun.

+ $18 for shipping per their site.

+ $30 for an inbound FFL transfer at most places.

+ $10 for the TBI background check.

====

$648 total

Joe's price at Hero Gear, out the door with tax, is only $60 more and you get the added advantages of supporting a TGO vendor and you get to walk out with it in your hands that very day, rather than waiting several days to a week for the one from Top Gun to arrive.

I'd pay the extra $60.

:D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. The price on Topgun Supply has been increased to $589.95 ... so call it $590 for practical sakes and purposes.

+ $590 for the gun.

+ $18 for shipping per their site.

+ $30 for an inbound FFL transfer at most places.

+ $10 for the TBI background check.

====

$648 total

Joe's price at Hero Gear, out the door with tax, is only $60 more and you get the added advantages of supporting a TGO vendor and you get to walk out with it in your hands that very day, rather than waiting several days to a week for the one from Top Gun to arrive.

I'd pay the extra $60.

:tinfoil:

Unless you had to drive from Nashville then it's an extra $150! :D

My Diesel F250 doesn't even get that bad of gas mileage. Are you driving a Winnebago there in reverse?

$.48 per mile x 2, plus $60 and yeah, you're pretty much there. But it was more of a joke than anything. :D

Guys, I could care less if you buy from me. Free world baby!

I simply presented an option of putting on of these in your hands, and buying it at a fair price today if you so wished.

Added:

I would like to add that some people choose to support dealers and businesses that support them.

Thats the way good shops stay in business. By loyal customers supporting their efforts.

Hero-Gear has spent considerable time, energy, and money supporting TGO and it's member base.

I hope TopGun will support your total needs as well.

Edited by BimmerFreak
Guest moreland281
Guys, I could care less if you buy from me. Free world baby!

I simply presented an option of putting on of these in your hands, and buying it at a fair price today if you so wished.

Added:

I would like to add that some people choose to support dealers and businesses that support them.

Thats the way good shops stay in business. By loyal customers supporting their efforts.

Hero-Gear has spent considerable time, energy, and money supporting TGO and it's member base.

I hope TopGun will support your total needs as well.

I agree to Support local business, but like I have said in another post some local dealers think their weapons are gold (not saying you do, I've never been to your shop but I do plan on coming by soon)

And I have always supported local companies when the price diffrence is close, but some are crazy (example franklin gun shop they had a PS90 for $2200, found it online for $1200 and no tax, now if they had it for $1300 or so I would have gotten it from them but that was crazy)

Guest moreland281

LOL forgot about the gas thing. Yea thats at least $100 there depending on what you drive lol

Call CDNN they may have them in stock (and are usually cheaper than topgun too)

(example franklin gun shop they had a PS90 for $2200, found it online for $1200 and no tax, now if they had it for $1300 or so I would have gotten it from them but that was crazy)

Well, no. You still have to pay tax. It's called a "use tax" precisely to protect merchants here from out of state competition who weren't collecting the tax. I know enforcement is lack, to say the least, but it isn't a "tax free" sale.

Guest moreland281

Most dealers have a few companies they normally use.

but they are free to use who ever has the best deal.

I understand they are out there to make money, but none of us want to get raped.

example

a local dealer has used glocks for $490, but if you look around you can find them from quite a few sources for $299-$325 (granted I have dealer access to quite a few stores still) but that is a BIG price diffrence.

I even went to one dealer that had the SOG tags on the weapons, so I knew what he paid for the item, as i have SOG access, I offered him $50 more than the newest SOG catalog (he wanted $165 more than what he paid and he had a LOT of them both days) he laughed and said he had paid more for them than that and he was only making $20 off each. I walked away.

I went back the next day with the SOG flyer in hand and laughed and showed him what he had in it, needless to say he was quite pissed and wanted to know how I got ahold of that catalog, and he was going to turn me in to the ATF agent that was there etc. etc. etc.

He lost 2 sales while I Showed him the price in the catalog.

Like I said I don't mind paying a bit more to purchase from a local dealer but most LIE to me about this or that ($20 profit my ass) and dont' act like your doing me a favor.

That is why I order most things via internet (1 I have access to the dealer lists/prices, 2 Usually a LOT cheaper)

I'll list a few examples if anyone cares to read them

NIB HK USPc 357sig $499 CDNN *Dealer only*

NIB Bushmaster M4 $719 SOG *Dealer only*

NIB RRA 9mm AR15 $809 Ar15sales.com * Public *

Factory Referb Glock 22 $329 Summit * Public *

NIB Glock 22/23 $469 Summit * Public *

the list can go on forever.

Do dealers willingly pay more for their inventory, or do they look for the best possible deal, or do they have only one option?

Boy you showed him.

So now you are dependent on finding a dealer who will transfer for $20. Good luck.

This is why I never buy from CDNN or SOG (their stuff is poor quality anyway)--because they'll send their catalogue to every Tom Dick and Harry in the world.

Guest moreland281

Actually SOG will not send you their catalog (nor can you log on the web site and see prices) unless they have your FFL on file, and there are several dealers around here (murfreesboro) that will xfer for $20 (and they don't charge tax on out of state items) so that isn't a problem either

I personally know of 4 that will do the xfer for $10 +$10 tics

and are all within 30 min of my home (granted thats not many but hey I only need 1)

Any dealer that charges a lot to do the xfer is also taking your for a ride,

Rabbi what do you charge?

Since all you have to do is log the senders info (including their FFL #) the weapon info into your bound book (or as I used to use a digital bound book, and yes it was BATF approved)

Boy you showed him.

So now you are dependent on finding a dealer who will transfer for $20. Good luck.

This is why I never buy from CDNN or SOG (their stuff is poor quality anyway)--because they'll send their catalogue to every Tom Dick and Harry in the world.

Guest moreland281
For you $50+tics.

LOL Funny guy

Though you could get some biz from any one reading but guess you are so busy you don't need it huh?

Hey are you close to community market store?

LOL

If dealers were not smart asses people woudn't have to, would they.

Free market is a beautiful thing

Yup.

And it sounds like you've got it all worked out: accesss to low wholesaler prices and amenable dealers who will do transfers for next to nothing. Good luck and enjoy.

Guest dotsun
A little more for supporting good local stores is not a bad thing. Remember if they support us, we need to support them!

Yep, I'll gladly pay a little more to support the local guy. They have to eat, too. Except Rabbi, I think he lives on scotch and ginger ale.

Guest eyebedam
]For you $50+tics.[/[/b]quote]

eastsidetitle.gif

Remember your local gun dealer? Long ago before the 'marts and big box stores your local gun dealer was there to help. If you needed information about a gun' date=' he could tell you, saving you hundreds of dollars on guns that just wouldn't fit what you wanted. If you wanted guidance on handgun purchases, he was there for you. If he knew you were looking for something special, he helped you get it. It was a long-term relationship and it worked for everyone. Eastside Gun Shop is your local gun dealer. Whether you're buying your first gun or your 50th we are there with well-informed helpful advice that can save you from making a bad purchase. Do you know which low-priced guns are bargains and which are merely cheap? We do, and we'll help you make the right choices to maximize your gun-buying dollars. Want to order something specific? We can usually get it in days and at the most competitive prices. Transfers? Sure. As a small shop we can't stock everything and for someone wanting a very specific gun our transfer policy can help them get it with a minimum of hassle and expense. Trades? Of course. We give maximum value for trade-ins. At Eastside Gun Shop friendly, unhurried service isn't just for big-spenders. It's for customers like you. Store Specialties

[list']

[*]Affordable personal protection guns, including police trade-ins, cosmetically blemished, used, and military surplus.

[*]Big selection of pistol ammo at competitive prices.

[*]Books and videos on guns, including the Heritage (Kuhnhausen) gunsmithing series.

[*]Frames, receivers, and parts kits for the M1911 pistol, AR-15 and AK-47 rifle.

[*]Friendly, personal service includes transfers to and from other FFLs for only $25 for the first gun, $20 thereafter.

dailycarry.jpg

Directions

• From Gallatin Rd, north to E. Trinity Lane. Left at light, 100 yards on left, at right of building, in front of beauty shop.
  • From Ellington Pky, exit E. Trinity Lane, right, continue 1/3 mile to store on right.
  • From I-65N, exit E. Trinity Lane, right over Dickerson Rd. Continue 1.5 miles to store on right.

map.gif

Address: 1048 E.Trinity Ln., Nashville, TN 37216 | billbernstein@bellsouth.net

Business hours: 11am - 6pm Monday-Thursday, 11am - 3pm Friday | Phone: 615.258.4080 or 615.24

Theres your answer right there.