How do I carry?

gunwhatgun

I have been reading along in a few of the current threads, specifically the Chik-fil-a thread. This has caused me to ponder a bit. I have been thinking that I am carrying concealed, but now I am thinking that I am infact open carrying.

99 percent of the time I carry with a Tagua (sp) leather holster, outside my waiste band on my belt, with my undershirt tucked into my pants and my overshirt unbuttoned and not tucked in. I wear it sort of like a short sleeved jacket if you will. I have always dressed in this manner so it was just natural to just let my overshirt cover my pistol.

So..... how do I carry??

I did the same thing for a year or so. (I only stopped because I found an IWB holster I liked better, not because there's anything wrong with it.) I had family members who I saw regularly react with surprise when I told them I had a handgun on my hip -- even if they had seen the bottom of the holster sticking out, they'd thought it was a cell phone holder, Gerber tool, etc. I think it still qualifies as concealed, since 99% of people are oblivious to the fact that you're armed.

this is how i carry only bad thing is when i bend over my shrit likes to hang on my gun so when i

come back up to walk i have to fix my shirt been places and this happen and some pepole say

they never knew tell that happen.

you could wear a gun duct taped to your forehead and 85% of the people would not notice. Ok not quite but people are, in general, oblivious and if you make an effort to keep it under wraps, most of the time you will be fine. If that is not good enough for you, conceal it better until you are happy? There are a number of ways to do that.... get a smaller gun, get a more exotic holster, change your clothing style, .... and so on. If you are concerned about it, take a look at different holsters first, clothing second... a new gun is sort of an expensive approach :)

you could wear a gun duct taped to your forehead and 85% of the people would not notice. Ok not quite but people are, in general, oblivious and if you make an effort to keep it under wraps, most of the time you will be fine. If that is not good enough for you, conceal it better until you are happy? There are a number of ways to do that.... get a smaller gun, get a more exotic holster, change your clothing style, .... and so on. If you are concerned about it, take a look at different holsters first, clothing second... a new gun is sort of an expensive approach :)

What he said. 95% of people wouldn't notice if you were on fire. Half of those that notice wouldn't do anything about it.

• Like 1

I wear an under and over shirt 99% of the time and was only comfortable carrying OWB until I tried a Crossbreed IWB. Now I'm more comfortable carrying IWB and feel odd when I move back to OWB. To answer your question though, no one will notice. You're your own worst critic and if you feel it's not concealed enough then it's probably never noticed by others. I have been caught off guard once or twice when I see someone open carrying at the last moment and that's with keeping an eye out for it, I'd bet a decent amount of money that 99% don't notice yours.

Sorry for the late reply, been busy at work.

I asked simply to see what type of carrying that is considered to be. I do it because it is comfortable and convenient. I was in security for a while and got used to a holster at the 3 o clock, and it is just what I like. I am not concerned with being made, although I will confess, I do get concerned in crowded places that a kid will she it and yell or cause some kind of scene, but it has not happened yet lol

Get a smaller gun??? That is like saying "My pants are too tight, I think I will cut 4 inches off the tip of my penis..." LOL :rofl:

• Like 1

I think the majority of us feel that if it's covered it's concealed.

I will add a however in their.

Even covered if it prints noticably, or hangs out the bottom of your shirt, then is that really concealed?

Cover and concealment are two different things. (granted I am off on a different topic with that statement) Point being even if it's covered if it's noticable is it concealed? I think if I were asked in a manner such as I just stated I would have to say no.

But I agree if it's covered print or not, 99% of people will never know.

Get a smaller gun??? That is like saying "My pants are too tight, I think I will cut 4 inches off the tip of my penis..." LOL :rofl:

Lol. You can't win with this crowd. In one thread hauling my plr-16 around is looney, and in another, my pocket pistol has injured my manhood.

Still, a smaller gun can be a perfectly acceptable way to deal with concealment difficulties. Ill put my cz rami up against any fullsized all day long and about the only difference would be a couple of rounds of ammo.