Jury Duty

Guest Grout

Guest crytes

The only jurry dutie letter I've ever gotten was a week before leaving for my second tour in iraq. So even tho I haven't been on a jury I think civil duty is covered.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
The only jurry dutie letter I've ever gotten was a week before leaving for my second tour in iraq. So even tho I haven't been on a jury I think civil duty is covered.

:D

You had a good excuse.

Guest tedbo

Yup. murder trial of an 8 month old baby. A woman and I were alternates and had to sit thru the trial the whole week. When the jury went upstairs to deliberate,the woman and I went to the judge's chambers. The prosecuting attorney wanted to know what direction it might go. I told him I don't know as we were not allowed to talk to each other. I did tell him I would love to have 5 minutes with the accused but I would only need 2! The look in his eyes was priceless! The thing is,I meant it!

It was difficult looking at the pictures of the baby and listening to the testimony and knowing that you can't even talk to your wife about it until it is over.

My boss at the time wanted me to get out of it. I told him that if I was picked I was going. It is my civic duty. Ticked him off big time! Then after it was over he tried to short my paycheck. I gave him a copy of the law and gave him my two week notice. Things had built up over a period of time and that was pretty much the last straw.

Guest unreconstructed1
Never called in life. Most coworkers called two times and a couple three times.

I guess they know my feelings,if they made it this far in CJ System they are

guilty.

wow... obviously you've nebver heard of "innocent until proven guilty. On a side note, if you are ever wrongly accused of a crime, maybe you'll get lucky and get jurors who don't share that particular view point...

I have never been summoned to jury duty, and I seriously doubt that I would be picked, if I were summoned. I could almost guaranteethat my pro-constitutional beliefs, as well as my personal beliefs regarding issues such as jury nullification, the death penalty, and overzealous enforcement of unconstitutional laws would probably get me disqualified before I had time to get my seat warm...

Guest Grout

I know a guy who was called to jury duty and one of the questions asked was could he be inpartial until he heard all the facts of a case.He repiled that the defendent had to be guilty of something or they would not have been arrested.He was sent home and never called back.I guess that would be one way to get out of the duty.

I was called to Jury Duty once when I was living in another state.

I got excused during jury selection a couple of times before I was seated on a drug case. Police did an undercover buy and the defendant was claiming a case of mistaken identity. Trial went for a couple of days. I was foreman of jury.

I'll tell you one thing... after that experience, even if I were completely innocent of a crime, I would be very afraid to go before a jury for anything. Some of the jurors had some wacko ideas and absolutely could NOT focus ONLY on the facts presented to us. We all heard exactly the same testimony, but we still argued about who said what.

Jury trials are unpredictable.