Mob attacks U.S. Consulate in Benghazi; Embasy in Egypt

And Ted Koppel will be on every night again? I hope not.

I doubt it comes to so little as that, this time. I think that magic moment may be upon us. Cairo(US embassy),

Benghazi(consulate), Libya(US Embassy)? Must be "Arab Fall". There might be some sand turned into glass over there

if it keeps up. Israel will only take so much. It seems things are speeding up over there.

Getting close to an "October Surprise".

• Admin Team

Getting close to an "October Surprise".

Two chances between now and election day. New moon this Saturday and again on October 15th. The Saudis have already granted them safe passage over their airspace.

Man, what a proverbial way for them to flip Obama the finger. A lot of parallels between current times and the last days of the Carter administration.

Early reports suggest at least one U.S. Citizen has been killed, at least one other injured.

How in the world are protesters allowed to breach the perimeter, climb to the roof, and replace the American flag with their own?

Numbers. Most of the staff were already evacuated, leaving the guards who are not going to mow down protestors.

Update overnight: Routers and the AP are quoting a Libyan government official saying that the US Ambassador and three people were killed in a rocket attack...

I try not to say to much, but this one just irritates me so much that I have to throw something out there as I do not have a real reason not to and feel so very strongly. Our diplomatic efforts are failing. We are being treated around the world that we can be treated disrespectfully and get away with it. I cannot imagine ever allowing the national colors to be captured while I was capable of securing them in a US instillation in which I was working / assigned to. Much less allow them to be occupied. That is US sovereign territory and it is an act of war. Much less the assassination of a ambassador in a foreign country. I am absolutely disgusted that we allowed it to happen. Further reports say that the consulate in Benghazi was burned down.

What? Really? We are a national superpower and we are calling this a "deplorable act" as the SECSTATE has been quoted as saying yesterday about the occupation. I am NOT saying we should carpet bomb their city, I am saying we should defend US territory and lives. I am questioning why did the Marines and the State Department security folks not have the area denial microwave system or sonic defense systems to knock people off those walls so we could defend our territory without giving the fools on the walls the ability to scream "see they killed us." Why is that not also part of the security plan in these installations?

Also, why are we giving over 1.5B to Egypt, some 2+B to Pakistan, 2.5M to Libya? These governments are not friendly to us. It is arrogant to believe that we can buy them off. It has not worked well throughout history. Why not put that money into American lives?

This is an atrocity. Where is our ambassador? If he is dead where are the bodies of him and those that died with him? Is video going to surface today of his body being dragged through the streets as in Somalia in '93?

Perhaps I am just a dumb hick, but when someone punches my nation in the face I do not believe we should cower and beg them not to take our lunch money.

My prayers go out to Chris Stevens' family, and for our nation.

Edited by Paladin132
  • Like 2

I am absolutely astounded by the initial reaction from the Obama administration on this. We have a US Ambassador dead and we're apologizing to the mob that killed him. The irony of the date this took place is not lost on me. I have gone from disliking Obama as a politician to hating him as a man. He has declared open season on Americans by responding in such a weak manner. There will most certainly be more to follow if he is reelected.

• Like 2

We shouldn't be giving a dime to those countries, except Israel.

Maybe Israel will lay them to waste, Paladin. At least Iran's leadership.

Arab spring to nuclear winter.

• Moderators
Romney needs to be beating up Obama on this one in the debates. There is no reason why we shouldn't be cutting diplomatic ties with Egypt and Libya right now, and launching a few cruise missiles into Libya on the way out.

So, do you think the French will let us cross their airspace this time? ;)

These are the comments released by our ball-less government in response to being attacked. Can you imagine if on September 11, 2001 George Bush went on TV and apologized for America being so awful as to elicit these attacks. There is only one appropriate response to aggression and that is greater aggression. Anything less simply invites more attacks:

The U.S. Embassy said in a statement that it “condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.â€

“Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy,†the statement read. “We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.â€

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/11/egyptian-mob-storms-us-embassy-destroys-american-flag-on-911-anniversary/#ixzz26GAnxTb4

"The Ambassador and staff of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo condemn the burning a copy of the Koran that occurred several days ago in the state of Florida by a small group of individuals who represent no one but themselves. Since th...

e founding of our nation, the United States has upheld the principles of tolerance and respect for religious freedom. Millions of Muslim-Americans practice their faith freely throughout the United States and enjoy the full rights guaranteed to them by our laws and constitution. Public condemnation of this event has come from a variety of organizations representing the diverse religious traditions that flourish in the United States."

It's like night and day.

Obama's policy towards the region is causing only to accelerate the problems, and he is aiding the enemy with our

money. That's kinda like treason, isn't it? Nothing good can come out of this with him at the helm.

I watched the trailer to the movie "Innocence of Muslims" on youtube. The movie which incited the riots, and got the impression that it was the intent of its creator. My only question is why? psyop?

Just some folks stirring the pot. I don't condone that kinda stuff, however, I support their right to do it. What bugs me are the folks that say they shouldn't do it because it brings the wrath of our enemies. We should never, ever make choices on our freedom of speech based on fears of what our enemies would do. In that case I'd be the first one to host a party with gasoline and Qurans. Their actions may have been indecent/disrespectful but that does not excuse violent action and should not compel folks to say they shouldn't have done it based on the reaction of freedom hating terrorists.

Fire up the drones, boys. From CNN...

The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens was planned by attackers who used the protest outside the consulate as a diversion, U.S. sources say.

The sources could not say whether the attackers instigated the protest or merely took advantage of it, and they say they don't believe Stevens was specifically targeted. Stevens and three other Americans suffocated trying to escape a fire after a grenade was thrown into the building, a senior U.S. official said.

London terror analysts speculated that Stevens was the victim of a targeted al Qaeda revenge attack. The assault "came to avenge the death of Abu Yaya al-Libi, al Qaeda's second in command killed a few months ago," the analysts said.

The attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens was planned by attackers who used the protest outside the consulate as a diversion, U.S. sources say.

The sources could not say whether the attackers instigated the protest or merely took advantage of it, and they say they don't believe Stevens was specifically targeted. Stevens and three other Americans suffocated trying to escape a fire after a grenade was thrown into the building, a senior U.S. official said.

London terror analysts speculated that Stevens was the victim of a targeted al Qaeda revenge attack. The assault "came to avenge the death of Abu Yaya al-Libi, al Qaeda's second in command killed a few months ago," the analysts said.

I'm not buying this one yet. This just sounds like a setup to drop a few hellfires in Yemen and say that Obama acted decisively during a crisis. Our reaction needs to be severe and include the cutting off of aid to Libya and Egypt.

I'm not buying this one yet. This just sounds like a setup to drop a few hellfires in Yemen and say that Obama acted decisively during a crisis. Our reaction needs to be severe and include the cutting off of aid to Libya and Egypt.

You could have it nailed. Expect rapid disassembly of a few good muzzies directly :)

I don't buy it at all. The administration has been apologizing for everyone's actions his entire term,

including our country's actions. His policy has been to give aid and comfort to the enemy.

I don't expect it to change. Yep, probably included with some kind of excuse to further minimalize

Israel's situation. Fire a few at minor targets to show he is strong, while funding the same.

Obama is a rank amateur, and is dwelling on only weakening us. Campaign mode 24/7. He is more

worried about offending muslims than any kind of rational foreign policy.

Jimmy Carter still comes to mind.

I'm not buying it either, not just because it was reported from cnn but because it lacks logic