So I took the Hangun Carry Permit Class.....

Took the handgun carry permit class 4 weeks ago and have still not received ANY paperwork yet from the DOS. I did not think it would take this much time just to receive the yellow slip of paper in the mail saying I passed and to go get fingerprinted, etc. I thought that this part was less time consuming and that the real "wait" comes after you get fingerprinted, etc and wait for the actual permit.

What gives??? Is this normal or should I raise some h-ll with the class instructor and his business that provided the class?

Thanks!

Who did you take it with? I thought any class you take anywhere they tell you right there and then if you passed or not.. same with the written test..

I took my written test.. and got the results at the end of the class..

My shooting test got looked at right there and then to tell me what I scrored.. got all my paperwork done and it took about 3 weeks ot get my permit back..

Very odd...

Edited by Sour Kraut

Yes the procedure is to give you documentation of passing the class, and you take that to the DMV.

Don't know what the "yellow slip" is, 4 years ago it was a diploma looking thing, guess that's changed.

Anyway, they fouled up or something, you need to get the documentation and go to DMV, you haven't actually even applied to the state yet; probably would have already had your permit without this glitch.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

Yes the procedure is to give you documentation of passing the class, and you take that to the DMV.

Don't know what the "yellow slip" is, 4 years ago it was a diploma looking thing, guess that's changed.

Anyway, they fouled up or something, you need to get the documentation and go to DMV, you haven't actually even applied to the state yet; probably would have already had your permit without this glitch.

- OS

Mine looked like that..

Blue and white.. plus a pink and yellow slip for me a copyand to give to DMV

Well, found out Tuesday that there is no update to this delimma, so I asked for a refund and contacted another carry permit instructor to do it all over again. This previous outfit was not ready and communication was "poor" to say the least... I hope this outfit gets their ducks in a row and does not lead people on as was done here. This new outfit was telling me how bad the original instructor had led us on and that they should be ashamed.

I am over being upset.

Just wanted to update you guys and gals.

Thanks,

Newman

Edited by Newman

Well, found out Tuesday that there is no update to this delimma, so I asked for a refund and contacted another carry permit instructor to do it all over again. This previous outfit was not ready and communication was "poor" to say the least... I hope this outfit gets their ducks in a row and does not lead people on as was done here. This new outfit was telling me how bad the original instructor had led us on and that they should be ashamed.

I am over being upset.

Just wanted to update you guys and gals.

Thanks,

Newman

So did you pay money and get ripped off?

That's crazy!

Did you get the refund you asked for?

Dave S

Edited by DaveS