vehicle search

laktrash

I'm not ready to trade yet but any ideas on what might work for me. I have a '04 chevy 2500 duramax 4 door with 8' bed and I love it, except parking it I have to make trips to the dr. pharmacy etc. and parking it some places is a bitch. I'd like something smaller with decent towing (4000-5000 lbs) I really would like smaller than yukon no truck any ideas maybe something along a jeep, FJ or other suv type or do they even make anything that fills my criteria. Like I said I love my truck and should I suck it up and deal with the parking

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do it. I made a $6k profit when I think sold my Duramax and I regret it everyday. You will regret selling the truck.

Thats what I'm afraid of its in excellent shape, Especially since I don't see anything that makes me say "I want one of those"

Edited by laktrash

Get a little gas saving beater for those quick trips when you don't need 10,000 tow capacity.

I'm trying to condense the "junk yard" just sold 98 yukon and have a buyer for my 94 dually. Still have a toyota van "dog hauler" I'm trying to get down to one for wife and one for me

I'm trying to condense the "junk yard" just sold 98 yukon and have a buyer for my 94 dually. Still have a toyota van "dog hauler" I'm trying to get down to one for wife and one for me

I'd still be more apt to buy something like a 90's model Buick or Chevy, or even a honda or toyota. They are cheap, plentiful, easy to park, easy to work on, good on gas, etc. Park the truck and keep it around for long trips, towing, etc. I had an extended cab, shortbed that I drove everyday in southern California traffic. I bought it for 18,500 and sold it for $25k. I had a lot of memories in that truck, and the day after I sold it I woke up regretting it, and I have every since. If you enjoy the truck, and can afford it, then I'd say keep it.

Which jeep is that ?

2006-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Something like this. 4x4, HEMI V8, Leather, Navigation, Less than 40,000 Miles, and under $20k :)

http://www.autotrade...328676421&Log=0

We liked it so much, we now own a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (new body style)

Just remember tho, JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket...I am finding that out right now.

Perhaps on older models? We've owned (2) Jeep and we have never had a single problem (knock on wood)

Probably 100,000 total with both, no issues :)

Edited by xRUSTYx

2006-2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Something like this. 4x4, HEMI V8, Leather, Navigation, Less than 40,000 Miles, and under $20k :)

http://www.autotrade...328676421&Log=0

We liked it so much, we now own a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee (new body style)

Perhaps on older models? We've owned (2) Jeep and we have never had a single problem (knock on wood)

Probably 100,000 total with both, no issues :)

Ha just wait...let them get about 10 years old haha. :dirty: Then you start to see that real Chrysler quality... :-x

But seriously, I'm sure they are nice vehicles when they are dang near brand new. Mine is a 1999 Grand Cherokee with the I6. Motor is perfect, however its just other little things that are beginning to...irritate me and nickel and dime me. Of course, the infinity audio system is a joke. None of the shocks for my hood, liftgate, or window work properly. Rear door actuator will unlock the door but not lock it. Brake booster is currently hissing at me. Drivers side taillight has that problem where it burns through bulbs. I already replaced the tranny speed sensor that controls shifting, because it would not come out of second gear until 3000rpms. All of those problems are just LEGENDARY to the WJ models. Each model has it's own quirks I'm sure. :2cents:

All this with only 100k miles. Age is what kills a vehicle, but that's all I could afford. It's still a step up from my car, because now I have heated seats and A/C!!!!

I like the new grand cherokee, we had a grand cherokee limited a few years back. like Ramjo said had ALOT of issues still have a bad taste in my mouth. Not knocking your vehicle XrustyX they may have improved on them. I did like alot of things about it, but more I didn't like.

i drive a ford super duty 4 door i just take up 2-3 parking spots

I do that its just these single tight parking places where you don't have enough room to swing to get in or worse if you get hemmed in. I'm use to big trucks since I have driven alot of tractor trailers. My wife has a kia soul so I usually try to take it and put on my hoodie and play hamster. Its just hard to switch since she won't drive the truck

• Administrator

Ha just wait...let them get about 10 years old haha. :dirty: Then you start to see that real Chrysler quality... :-x

But seriously, I'm sure they are nice vehicles when they are dang near brand new. Mine is a 1999 Grand Cherokee with the I6. Motor is perfect, however its just other little things that are beginning to...irritate me and nickel and dime me. Of course, the infinity audio system is a joke. None of the shocks for my hood, liftgate, or window work properly. Rear door actuator will unlock the door but not lock it. Brake booster is currently hissing at me. Drivers side taillight has that problem where it burns through bulbs. I already replaced the tranny speed sensor that controls shifting, because it would not come out of second gear until 3000rpms. All of those problems are just LEGENDARY to the WJ models. Each model has it's own quirks I'm sure. :2cents:

All this with only 100k miles. Age is what kills a vehicle, but that's all I could afford. It's still a step up from my car, because now I have heated seats and A/C!!!!

All of those are pretty easy fixes. Just Empty Every Pocket comes into play when you start modifying the hell out of them, a la the Wrangler.

• Administrator

I like the FJ just don't know enough about them. Didn't know about the towing

I had two 2010 models at the same time. Don't ask. They were neat vehicles but poorly executed. The 4.0 VVT really doesn't have the power needed for the vehicle's weight or aerodynamics.

the last 4 ford super dutys i had all had over 400,000 miles on them .i have 2 new ones with the 6.7 engine in them the f259 4x4 gets 24.6 miles per gallon

the f450 pulling my big trailer gets 14.7 on the highway . i havent drove it much without the trailer . the new 6.7 is great

the last 4 ford super dutys i had all had over 400,000 miles on them .i have 2 new ones with the 6.7 engine in them the f259 4x4 gets 24.6 miles per gallon

the f450 pulling my big trailer gets 14.7 on the highway . i havent drove it much without the trailer . the new 6.7 is great

I have never been a Ford guy, but I have heard that the new trucks do super on mileage. Plus, they never took the bailout money. Maybe I will turn on to the new Ford trucks.