carry ing a gun and asked to leave hypothetical

Guest kwikrnu

We are now going to have a new genre in the TGO community.

People are going to note "your going Voldemort on me aren't you" or "that's a Voldemort statement if I ever heard one". Kind of like the "going postal" thing.

Sorry Kwik, but as stated it seems you live to create situations and thrive on that. Maybe you should start your own organization like "Chaos" or "SPECTRE"

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO this is the weirdest trolling I've ever seen. You ask a stupid question, that you know folks won't agree with, then argue on vagueness and technicalities that you are right. This is precisely why hypotheticals are useless. It's like nailing jello to the wall.

My Grandfather had this old saying; It does no good to argue with an idiot, because they will always beat you with experience.

Just sayin'.

I've heard something similar....

It's not good to argue with an idiot, because someone watching may not be able to tell the difference.

:rolleyes:

I've heard something similar....

It's not good to argue with an idiot, because someone watching may not be able to tell the difference.

:up:

Before you argue with an idiot make sure he's not doing the same thing.:rolleyes:

Guest tcampbell
Exactly. What good is a sign posted somewhere, if there is one, if said sign is too small to see or in a place where no one sees it.

It is for that reason I am going to get that mall posted so there is no question about managements intent.

Well...guess I'll just have to find another place to shop, not that I really shop there much anyways. I do go to Barnes and Noble and the western clothing store every now and then, but I can go other places. Thanks Voldemort for allowing only the BG's to carry at opry mills mall now...as if you think they are going to obey the law. I have seen a properly posted sign that was legal. They are not small and you can see them.

I saw a guy last night at walmart in the rivergate area was doing open carry...but he did have his carry permit badge on, so I guess that made it all the better...looked kind of stupid to me now that I have actually seen someone doing it out in the general public, and I was thinking...well...the BG will probably shoot him before he shoots me, because the BG now knows who has the gun...might have been Voldemort, and the guy did have a shirt on that said "look at me...I'm a big man and I can open carry"</sarcasm/>

It's like nailing jello to the wall.

Now my keyboard is covered in diet coke! What a great analogy.

I've been following this thread and have been so tempted to jump in with my $0.02 -- its become rather obvious that would have been a waste of my time.

Getting a place posted based on a technicallity -- thanks for the help. Its not like we have enough enemies with the Tennessean, Darth Naifeh :rolleyes:, etc.

Guest canynracer

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Kwik...I understand that you are just saying this stuff to flame people....I know that you are not really going to follow through with your words.

But in the remote chance that you do....remember one thing, you are alone in your thoughts, and your twisted beliefs, you are alone in your perceptions.

Hiding behind the word of the law, and not using common sense, says it all. You are so quick to use the letter of the law that you cannot see beyond logic. Your binary thinking has clouded your judgement and you are a danger to yourself, and others.

Did you ever think that the small signs are posted for the antis? Maybe the mall wants the "responsible" person to shut their mouths, conceal deeply and enjoy the place without bringing attention to yourself...which apparantley is impossible because you thrive on stupid rhetoric and conflict.

We have a Psycholigist on the board, maybe you need an appointment.

Now, I do have to say, that although it is fun to debate, but I am actually shocked that the trolling has been allowed by our local Troll cop...

Peace out

This dude is not for real. He is not going to any mall management, there are no meetings, no anything.

I think he longs for being the center of attention.

The guy is some mall ninja, and I do not believe one word that comes out of his fingers

Guest canynracer
This dude is not for real. He is not going to any mall management, there are no meetings, no anything.

I think he longs for being the center of attention.

The guy is some mall ninja, and I do not believe one word that comes out of his fingers

Absolutley agree Mike, you said what I meant waaayyyy more to the point!! LOL...

Has anyone met this joker? For some strange reason, the sick side of me wants some insight.

Yeah, you are a sicko!!! :screwy:

:P

Has anyone met this joker? For some strange reason, the sick side of me wants some insight.

Take a look at the feedback section. It's all excellent.

Look just because someone has some weird ideas doesnt mean he's a troll or worthy of banning.

But we might want to consider gathering around and saying "neeh!"

Well...guess I'll just have to find another place to shop, not that I really shop there much anyways. I do go to Barnes and Noble and the western clothing store every now and then, but I can go other places. Thanks Voldemort for allowing only the BG's to carry at opry mills mall now...as if you think they are going to obey the law. I have seen a properly posted sign that was legal. They are not small and you can see them.

Does Barnes and Noble have a entrance directly from the outside? If so, unless the post a sign there...you'll still be good to go. :P

I saw a guy last night at walmart in the rivergate area was doing open carry...but he did have his carry permit badge on, so I guess that made it all the better...looked kind of stupid to me now that I have actually seen someone doing it out in the general public, and I was thinking...well...the BG will probably shoot him before he shoots me, because the BG now knows who has the gun...might have been Voldemort, and the guy did have a shirt on that said "look at me...I'm a big man and I can open carry"</sarcasm/>

Even though I see you were being somewhat sarcastic...I'm still wondering who and where these people are that just go around shooting people they see openly carrying a handgun?..... :screwy:

I'm still wondering who and where these people are that just go around shooting people they see openly carrying a handgun?..... :screwy:

I am with you here. Other than the guy at the WalMart a few months ago I have not read anything about an OCer being singled out. And of course with that guy a cop was the one being the aggressor.

Guest tcampbell

I am just saying, hypothetically, that if a BG were to start something and someone was OC'ing, chances are, the person OC'ing would be the first one the BG wants to imobilize. That's all I meant by that, nothing more.

On the other hand, the BG may think twice. Purely specualation, that's all. Personally, I think the element of surprise is best. My opinion and I will not exaggerate on that.

Yes, there is a separate entrace to Barnes and Noble. I would speculate that if they do ever legally post the mall, then most likely every single entry point may be posted as well. I can just go to Border's on West End or order online.

I don't see why Voldemort wants to create issues for the rest of us or even bring up topics like this. The law is clear. If the site is legally posted, then you cannot carry there. If you do and you are caught you will face the fine and penalties. If the place is not properly posted, then all they can do is ask you to leave. If you do not leave, you will quite possibly face crminal trespass charges. If anyone OC'd where I work on weekends, you would be asked to either conceal it or leave. If you refused, you would face charges. There are a lot of folks there that would be very uncomfortable with that and that would possibly hurt business. I believe that the code of conduct for the mall will relieve them of any liabilties should anything happen. I don't think the majority of the malls care if you carry or not, as long as you keep it concealed. They are not going to add that to their code of conduct because, guess what, anti's would be uncomfortable with that. Look at the shootings that have happened at Hickory Hollow and Opry Mills. Those malls, to my knowledge, were not held responsible, and that was probably due to the code of conduct.

Edited by tcampbell
I am just saying, hypothetically, that if a BG were to start something and someone was OC'ing, chances are, the person OC'ing would be the first one the BG wants to imobilize. That's all I meant by that, nothing more.

That is possible.

On the other hand, the BG may think twice.

This is possible as well.

Personally, I think the element of surprise is best. My opinion and I will not exaggerate on that.

That is fine and you're right..we all have opinions and feel we know what will work best of us.

It just seems that those that have an opinion that OC is ok, or best for them take heat for it and are told horror stories of how they will be shot first.

Yes, there is a separate entrace to Barnes and Noble. I would speculate that if they do ever legally post the mall, then most likely every single entry point may be posted as well. I can just go to Border's on West End or order online.

Probably true....at least there is always the internet as you say. :screwy:

Guest tcampbell
Nope! Voldemort is gonna make sure there is no carrying of firearms while using the internet either.

:P:)

:screwy:

those 3 explain how I feel about that...:D

Guest kwikrnu

I haven't been able to get a meeting, but Mall assistant director, Christopher Beard, did tell me this morning that all weapons are prohibited. Their code of conduct # 6 prohibits weapons. He also told me that the security director Tom has looked up Tennessee code and they know signs should conform to the law if they want to effectively restrict the carrying of handguns. He also told me that funding has been approved and released to purchase signs for all exterior entrances to the common areas. I mentioned they should also have signs for the entrances to the common areas from Stores which have private entrances such as Dave and Busters, or Bass Pro, or others. He said they are trying to see how to go about doing that. I asked about the time frame for posting the signs and they said "soon."

The telephone number for the mall is 615-514-1100.