What will be Obama's 'October Surprise'?

Guest ThePunisher

It would be blasphemy for any Democrat to admit their party having the two worst Presidents ever in history of our country. But facts are facts, and Carter and the commie Obama fit the bill matter of factly.

I know that you asked Mike, but for me "W" was the worst. Many have said Carter, but I use the same reasoning for Carter that people use for Romney. Carter was a good man with good intentions. He just wasn't presidential material.

Buchanan, Pierce, Filmore, and Tyler were all worse. Andrew Johnson, too, even though he was a Tennessean. I don't see how I managed to live through any of those administrations.

- OS

Buchanan, Pierce, Filmore, and Tyler were all worse. Andrew Johnson, too, even though he was a Tennessean. I don't see how I managed to live through any of those administrations.

- OS

Holy crap, I knew you were old but you were there for the Andrew Jackson administration?

Guest ThePunisher

- OS

Yeah, a dose of Jackson would be good medicine for the treasonous media.

Netanyahu wants assurance that the US will cover his back. Obama has snubbed him every time they have

met or attempted to meet. Netanyahu knows what he has to do. Obama has no clue what to do except to

appease everyone except Netanyahu. I won't go as far as accusing Obama of being a Muslim, waste of time

there, but he has definitely shown signs of being a muslim sympathizer since he took office. The one place

where he could have a halfway decent record with his foreign policy, he throws it out.

Obama was so happy about the "Arab Spring" which was just the Muslim brotherhood taking over everything

in the region, and surrounding Israel.

His track record with foreign policy basically sucks, don't you think?

The only thing Obama has to gain by snubbing Israel is to further strengthen his ties to the Muslim Brotherhood,

who will be the ones aggressing against Israel. All I see will be half assed attempts that will make it look like Obama

is trying to help Israel, while getting our soldiers dragged into another conflict, war, whatever you want to call it

and get them killed.

Good answer, but I hope that you are wrong about the end results. I've always thought that it was a given that the U.S. would support Israel in her time of need.

I hope I'm wrong, also. Things are moving in ways we wouldn't have imagined a few years ago. Plenty too

fast and often in the wrong direction. I'm worried about the kind of support we give Israel. I'm also worried

about our soldiers getting killed for all the wrong reasons, from the way I understand, which may be lacking.

Sometimes I wonder about our reasoning. Soldiers deserve better.

I know that you asked Mike, but for me "W" was the worst. Many have said Carter, but I use the same reasoning for Carter that people use for Romney. Carter was a good man with good intentions. He just wasn't presidential material.

GREAT ANSWER BELOW!!!

...King Geo II ...

Couldnt let this one go. I think Mike's answer on "who wuz worst" is right. It precipitated the American Revolution.

Now to Link's opinion RE: "...the worst president..." with the caveat "....in modern times...".

I firmly believe that George W. Bush was made to be the "....worst president in modern times..." by several things. Some manufactured and some real. The "manufactured" one is the "....he wuz the dummest president ever..." mantra delivered by the media.

The "real ones" are as follows:

1. GWB was sabatoged from the get-go by career bureaucrats who did not agree with his policies; and he simply would not neutralize them. They were principally in the CIA and in the State Departments. Their defiant actions made him look foolish and weak.

2. GWB said that Iraq would not be like Viet Nam. It wuz. The war ended pretty quck; but the occupation sucked; and still does. This wuz preceived by real people as a failing and spun continuously by a hostile press as a "needless war" we were loosing. Again, damaging GWB's stature and reputation.

3. GWB would not answer his critics in the media and in the Demorat party ALA Reagan. You simply cannot do this. The dems and the press finally won this battle.

4. GWB wuz not a real conservative, fiscal or otherwise. He wuz (...and is...) a "big govenment republican ALA "New Deal" Republican via the "compassionate conservative" monaker (...whatever that is....I think it is "New Deal" Democrat lite....).

Havin said all that; i dont think he wuz the worst president in modern times; just the most villified and beat up.

My vote for the worst (...up until now....) is Jimmy Carter. Carter wuz (...and is....) consistently wrong on every issue he chooses to weigh in on. He is no friend of freedom; and loves cozying up to any dictator; from the Banna Republics to Iran. He is anti American and anti Israel. Completely anti democratic.

Carter wuz elected for one reason and one reason only. Gerald Ford (...the Republican candidate...) pardoned Richard Nixon. That sent the message to the american people that the repbulicans believed that some people (....Nixon....) were above the law. They were offended by that; and they should have been. That is the only thing that elected Jimmy Carter.

Carter soon screwed up everything and lost to Reagan in a landslide. Everything Carter touched turned to manure (...or worse...).

Carter cultivated the image of a "southern conservative democrat" and a "political outsider"; but he simply wasnt. Carter believed (...and still does...) in the "Citizen of the World" baloney ALA the Woodrow Wilson League of Nations. All the "citizen of the world" baloney is simply a ruling class, autocratic, "we are the smartest people in the room" world view that postulates that citizens are mindless rabble to be guided like children and the big decisions should be left to the "best and brightest"; namely them. Said another way, delightful rustics should not be given the task of actually affecting the outcome of the affairs of state. That should be left to the "enlightented" ones; namely the polititians.

I think that to this day, Carter is a bitter, devisive, meddling old coot who hates the USA and courts any politico, dictator, or strong man (....foreign or domestic...) who shares his silly notons of being the "best and brightest". He has meddled in and opposed more genuine American policy than any other ex-presidental figure in modern times. Carter has continuously praised and coddled our enemies and hurt our friends more than any previous ex president. Carter is my pick (...up to now...) for the "worst ever". GWB aint close. I will grant that he wuz pretty ratty; all things considered.

All that bein said; i believe that Nobama will take his place in a few months.

leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 1

Agree with just about everything above, Leroy. Iraq wasn't really as bad as it was made out to be by the press, but it wasn't productive and its necessity is certainly open to debate. I will say that much of that conflict (the years that followed the establishment of an Iraqi government) was due to HUGE mistakes that were made after securing the population centers and the capitulation of Saddam's Army. These mistakes were easily aviodable, and simply were made out of a combination of laziness and politics. Bush wasn't the one making these mistakes, however, the folks he appointed to make them are still his reponsibility, and ulimately he is responsible for everything his subordinates do or fail to do. His mistake was trusting the judgement of some of those subordinates.

Edited by TMF
  • Like 1

Leroy, that summed it up very well, as usual, except you left one thing out about Jimmy. He is jealous as Hell and

won't die until he revises his own historical reference. :D Old fart may out live us all for that one reason.

With GWB, there might have been some left over business that daddy didn't finish that got in the way, too. He

made some terrible decisions on some things but of the bunch that could have been prez, he still was the

best of the lot.

Apparently you guys forgot all of Romney's debating mistakes. Like say that, "Bet ya $100k." Seriously, if you think O has to rely on teleprompters, watch the debates he had with McCain. O won the debates, handedly then.

Underestimating your opponent is not a winning strategy.

Jimmy Carter, I think, was in over his head. The economy (which the Presidency has little control, honestly) the fuel crisis, and the botched Iran Hostage situation, sunk him. However, I do commend him on his work AFTER his Presidency. He has not stayed at home, doing nothing. Example: Name any other former President who has played, or is playing a key role in ending a disease?

Carter has worked hard to ensure the destruction of Guinea Worm Disease: http://www.theworld.org/2010/03/eradicating-guinea-worm-disease/

That said. Dubya I think was worst. The statement he said when Saddam was captured said it all. (We got him. We got the guy who tried to kill my dad.)

Dubya won his 2nd term by default. I see history repeating itself.

Edited by HvyMtl
His October Surprise is "Wow, you guys nominated this guy? And you expect him to win? You're funny."

I'm hoping not, but if that plays out there should be a collective facepalm with the repooblicants. Obama, I believe, will turn out to be the most destructive President in modern history. Losing to him should make alarm bells ring loud in that party, to the tune of being out of touch and not respecting those that cast ballots in the best interest of the US.

• Like 1