Mp Shield Impressive right out of the box.

JG55

Picked up the 9mm version Friday. First impressions is it is smaller than I thought , very slim and concealable. Came packed in oil. Saturday morning I cleaned it up, (very simple takedown and reassembly) and headed to the range. I must say WOW ! it is an amazingly accurate handgun with very little recoil. I shot the mp shield better right out of the box than any handgun I have ever tried. No issues at all, put 150 rounds through it with no problems and had a blast. I like everything about this handgun. This will become My EDC as soon as I can find a good IWB for it.

All I can say is the reviews and reports I have read online are accurate about the quality of the MP Shield. If you get a chance get yourself One, you want be disappointed.

• Like 1

Packed in oil? Is that common for modern firearms?

I have to say....the Sheild was on my radar for a bit but I decided I wanted something just a bit bigger. Your post has me thinking about one, again.

Got my Shield 40 at Hero Gear in Winchester a couple weeks ago. Really like it. I've been carrying a Kahr CW40 for years. Gotta get used to having a safety now. I use an Ace Case IWB holster (about $ 10.00 on the web) and it fits the same holster so I order another Ace Case for it.

Guest rebeldrummer

Love the Shield. I picked up the 40 first and then a 9 came along so I picked it up!

I have sold the 40 but kind of regret it.

It was not snappy (to me) and its shot very smooth, as mentioned before....like a full size

I also finally found someone who had extra mags in stock so now I have 3!!

Took my 9mm shield to the range last sunday ( like it better than my .40 Glock) . Shot a friend's shield in the .40, and noticed it a bit on the snappy side.

If you're ever wanting one, Hero Gear in Winchester has them for $357.00 + tax and the Background fee. I checked a few other places before i got the deal from HG.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my 9mm shield to the range last sunday ( like it better than my .40 Glock) . Shot a friend's shield in the .40, and noticed it a bit on the snappy side.

If you're ever wanting one, Hero Gear in Winchester has them for $357.00 + tax and the Background fee. I checked a few other places before i got the deal from HG.

Thats a good deal