Dead giveaways that someone is carrying... pictoral

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj
OR when you sit down in the booth at the restaurant and thunk against the plastic back.

Did that in my boss's office yesterday!

the worst tell is the loud thunk as you go through a doorway a little too close.

Did that this morning on the divider between my desk and my office mate's desk.

"Just my phone" :)

Guest db99wj
Good holsters can make a difference.

I have a CTAC, great holster, close to the body, I just have a problem with running over sh#@:)

Guest SomeGuy
Did that in my boss's office yesterday!

Did that this morning on the divider between my desk and my office mate's desk.

"Just my phone" :blush:

I found an easier way.

Just ignore it completely, and get on to business without feeling any concern or rush. I have never had anyone mention it when the thunk happens if I do that.

Guest Phantom6

Just the other day at Staples office supply store I had a guy move kind of close behind me and say in a knowing type of tone "You're carrying aren't you." Apparantly there was a bit of a bulge on my right hip under my T-shirt. Though I certainly was carrying I just looked rather oddly at him and said "medical device" and kind of looked down at the floor. He was embarrassed, apologized, backed off and I finished paying for my purchase.

My pastor wears a insulin pump which makes him appear to be carrying.

I saw a guy a few weeks ago that was using a ankle holster and when he sat down his pant leg lifted to reveal it for all the world to see.:doh:Looking back on it now I think I should have said something because I don't think he realised it.

• 4 weeks later...
Just the other day at Staples office supply store I had a guy move kind of close behind me and say in a knowing type of tone "You're carrying aren't you." Apparantly there was a bit of a bulge on my right hip under my T-shirt. Though I certainly was carrying I just looked rather oddly at him and said "medical device" and kind of looked down at the floor. He was embarrassed, apologized, backed off and I finished paying for my purchase.

That's A great reply! I'll be sure to remember that. I'm sure that guy felt like crap.

Guest Ranger Rick

Phantom6,

Really outstanding response! :) Love it. The looking down "sold it" too. Got to remember that.

Guest janwbrown616

I guess I've carried in an appendix draw for so long, I've never even worried about it being seen.

I know some people's body type does not work well for this type of carry, but concealed for me is the best.

If I was ever made, Iguess I'd just smile and carry on....

Guest GUTTERbOY
The only one I do occasionally is adjust ...and for all anybody knows, it's a cellphone I'm adjusting.

The only adjusting I ever do is to maybe grab my belt aft of the gun and hitch my pants up a bit. I don't think it looks like anything other than a guy adjusting his trousers.

I do occasionally push forward on the beavertail area to get a better forward cant, but that's only when I'm seated, and I don't pull that one unless I'm certain it's not visible- like when I'm sitting on the truck, or maybe in a restaurant with my right side towards the wall.

The arm-swinging one was what really caught my eye, 'cause I have little doubt that I unconsciously keep my right arm closer to my side. I've taken to hooking my left thumb into my hip pocket as I walk, so neither arm is really swinging. Dunno if it makes a difference, though.

In the end, I'm generally not too worried about being made. Most of the population is walking around in zombie mode, and won't notice if I bend at the waist and my pistol's butt prints maniacally through a t-shirt, much less if my right arm swings less than the left. And if some observant person does put two and two together, I'm not doing anything illegal.

Those pictures were developed by one detective with NYPD in an attempt to convince courts that He could tell if someone was carrying a gun and he could teach it to others.

I may be wrong, but I think that the courts failed to buy the premise.

The whole series can be thrown out if you are wearing a holster and become accustomed to it.