I voted for Obama

Guest ThePunisher
[quote name='Will H' timestamp='1352380115' post='841715']
I just thought of one good thing about the way the election went. We will not have to worry about that Russian attack sub that was found in our territorial waters, the two new stealth fighter designs that China is testing, or the new aircraft carrier that China just put to sea. It would be totally illogical for them to attack us now with the fantastic job we are doing at self-destruction.
[/quote]

King Obama will probably just give them our carriers and stealth planes since China owns us now. He's got more flexibility now to destroy the military.
[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1352321854' post='841296']
Anyone ever seen the movie "The Village"? I wonder how hard it would be to pull that off.
[/quote]

Don't think it would be possible. The Feds aren't going to leave ANYONE alone no matter how isolated they are. Must tax 'em. Can't sell food (to each other) without USDA inspection. Heaven forbid they dam a creek to run a mill.

Only way to escape will be outside the borders.
[quote name='HvyMtl' timestamp='1352349187' post='841658']
Keseva,

Look, you are either, 1) trolling, which I do think some here deserve 2) Believe this, and posted it where people, who hate your candidate, will foam at the mouth 3) Actually unclear on the political bent of the majority here (and therefore must not have read their posts before the election.)

That said, a lot here have bought the GOP propaganda lock, stock, and barrel.

Is Obama awful? Yes. But, better than Dubya. Better than McCain would have been. And I do believe he is better than flip flop Mitt. (And I know there will be rage pointed at me for that.)

Is he going to collapse the country? No. We survived the likes of Dubya, Nixon, Hoover, Lincoln, Carter, etc.

I just wish we had a better candidate from the GOP.

I wish we had a viable 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc candidate(s) from other parties. Parties actively blocked by both the GOP (see the obstructionism pointed towards the Libertarian Candidate) and the Dems (see Ralph Nader's run.) But neither party wants you to have actual choice. They collude to ensure you have the choice bad or worse, or choice dumb or dumber. In other words, their candidates, and no one else. Some Republic, huh? These acts are the ones which will kill this great nation. Not one President, who is a symptom of the actual cause.
[/quote]

LOL.
  • Like 1
[quote name='Clod Stomper' timestamp='1352385935' post='841757']
Don't think it would be possible. The Feds aren't going to leave ANYONE alone no matter how isolated they are. Must tax 'em. Can't sell food (to each other) without USDA inspection. Heaven forbid they dam a creek to run a mill.

Only way to escape will be outside the borders.
[/quote]Once things get bad the Feds won't have time to worry about anything but trying to maintain order in the larger cities so a small group away from all that may well be able to do what they need to do and live the way they want to live.
  • Like 1
[quote name='kesava' timestamp='1352310450' post='841097']
I think he's been doing a fantastic job. I'm a hard working American that believes in responsible gun rights. Not trolling, just sharing. It seems that most people who were pro Romney didn't see the fallacy in his economic policy. He Is out of touch. All of this anti obama rhetoric will subside when we see that he's been doing a fantastic job a the economy continues to recover and unemployment continues to drop
[/quote] well great , you and your family I hope will suffer deeply. commie

[quote name='SWJewellTN' timestamp='1352401619' post='841936']
You think he should have received a hug from Stick1 instead?
[/quote]No. I don't agree with anything kesava said but wishing deep suffering on someones family is a bit much in my opinion. I think most on here would agree but maybe I'm wrong. :shrug:

Edited by maroonandwhite
[quote name='maroonandwhite' timestamp='1352402299' post='841942']
No. I don't agree with anything kesava said but wishing deep suffering on someones family is a bit much in my opinion.
[/quote]Isn't that exactly what they are wishing upon others by their vote? None of them would shed a tear if Donald Trump, for example, lost everything and spent the rest of his days sleeping in a box.

I put it in a more unpleasant manner on another forum.
[quote name='mikegideon' timestamp='1352402139' post='841940']
Obama supporters are always good for a hug, unless you're wealthy, of course.
[/quote]
What I've always noticed from the left is that they are all about making others give up what they have for the benefit of what others do not as long as it's not them that has to give it up. I'd have a heck of a lot more respect for people such as Barbara Streisand if they felt strongly enough for their convictions that they sold all their assets and gave the money to the poor. They're just hypocrites!
  • Like 1
[quote name='SWJewellTN' timestamp='1352402704' post='841944']
Isn't that exactly what they are wishing upon others by their vote? None of them would shed a tear if Donald Trump, for example, lost everything and spent the rest of his days sleeping in a box.

I put it in a more unpleasant manner on another forum.
[/quote]

I think that is a stretch comparing that to ACTUALLY in words wishing "deep suffering" on someones family. You may be right but even so though I think it's harsh. Just my opinion and it ain't worth much. Edited by maroonandwhite
[quote name='SWJewellTN' timestamp='1352402909' post='841948']
What I've always noticed from the left is that they are all about making others give up what they have for the benefit of what others do not as long as it's not them that has to give it up. I'd have a heck of a lot more respect for people such as Barbara Streisand if they felt strongly enough for their convictions that they sold all their assets and gave the money to the poor. They're just hypocrites!
[/quote]

Yeah. Ain't it funny that the evil rich guy was going to do the job of president without a salary.
My .02 is that this all seems like a rerun from his first election as President. For three or four months afterwards all it was, was stock up on guns and ammo and head for the hills. You couldnt find an ar for under a grand, if you even found one at all in stock, and we are probably gonna do that to ourselves again. Behold, a few months went by with no attempt at our guns, and everybody settled down. This is adding up to the same thing.
[quote name='reed1285' timestamp='1352404990' post='841965']
My .02 is that this all seems like a rerun from his first election as President. For three or four months afterwards all it was, was stock up on guns and ammo and head for the hills. You couldnt find an ar for under a grand, if you even found one at all in stock, and we are probably gonna do that to ourselves again. Behold, a few months went by with no attempt at our guns, and everybody settled down. This is adding up to the same thing.
[/quote]

But it is such a good excuse to give the wife for purchases!!
I think I have found some logic for the hatred of the wealthy. First of all the wealthy people are the ones who have in most cases worked hard to get what they have and many are in a position to hire people. Some have stuggled and end up owning their own business. These are the evil people who would hire individuals and want them to work for them. How dare they when I can vote for the liberals who will give me a government handout. Tax those people so they can't afford to pay me a salary an thus jeopordize my entitlements.
[quote name='EYEMAN' timestamp='1352406675' post='841980']
I think I have found some logic for the hatred of the wealthy. First of all the wealthy people are the ones who have in most cases worked hard to get what they have and many are in a position to hire people. Some have stuggled and end up owning their own business. These are the evil people who would hire individuals and want them to work for them. How dare they when I can vote for the liberals who will give me a government handout. Tax those people so they can't afford to pay me a salary an thus jeopordize my entitlements.
[/quote]My pastor always poses the "rich" issue this way - If you had $1,000,000, would you consider yourself to be rich? What if you had $10,000,000? Would you be rich? If you had $10,000,000 and Jack had $175,000,000, would you consider yourself to be rich? Most people would not, they make that assessment relative to what others have. This gets into an envy mentality and that is why it is so easy to demonize "the rich", because many people consider anyone who has more than they do to be "rich". I am happy with myself and what I have, I am not jealous of other people. They worked for what they have, I worked for what I have. Many people would consider me to be "rich", while many people would not. It's all relative, mostly based on perception. Edited by mcurrier
  • Like 2