TLRMADE AK47 Build

TLRMADE

[quote name='reed1285' timestamp='1352779473' post='844668']

Mine had a round trunion, ive seen the ones with the flat trunions as well. Not sure what the difference is either.[/quote]
Just different. Older ones seemed to have more occurrences of flat trunnions. Kinda like dimple-non dimple versions. Edited by AK Guy
[quote name='reed1285' timestamp='1353296695' post='847987']I use the same tapco mags with my conversion, havent had a single hiccup[/quote]

That's good to know! The only Tapco products I'm going to use are the mags and maybe that OD Green grip.
  • 2 weeks later...
Just got my AK back from Nathan "AK Guy". He did the conversion for me. I'm still waiting/trying to decide on the Bonesteel folding stock. I'm going to order the OD Green Midwest Industries hand guard. I'm still also trying to decide on which Brake to get. I'm going for the OD Green/ Black theme. I also had Nathan thread the barrel for me, did a really good job!

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/u6aneqep.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/5y4ateve.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/ja5yreha.jpg[/IMG]
Same brake as my amd-65. My AMD is painfully loud but may have more to do with the weapon not the brake, I don't know enough about AKs to say. My AMD is in show and tell section. I think our builds will be similar as I'm going with od and black theme with mid west industries extended ss rail. Really want to sbr mine real bad right now but have to convince the wife that its worth $200.
  • 1 month later...

Tlrmade, gun is looking awesome. Get that forend converted now and itll be complete. Also did your barrel end up being threaded on the end? Still dont know if mine is or not, also, how did you remove the shroud on the end of the barrel?

It wasn't threaded. I cut the shroud with a dremel and then threaded it. If you cut it flush with the sight tower Dinzag makes brakes that are bored back so that it will fit and look normal covering the extra .5" of barrel. It's a lot easier than replacing the FS.