gun shop tells Obama voters to ‘turn around and leave’

Gotta love these guys.

[url="http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/17/arizona-gun-shop-tells-obama-voters-to-turn-around-and-leave-because-they-arent-responsible/"]http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/17/arizona-gun-shop-tells-obama-voters-to-turn-around-and-leave-because-they-arent-responsible/[/url]
Oh, hey customer, go away? Smart business decision.

The death threats and derp directed at them? Poor acting. Some are just being trolls, others are just being angry. Hopefully, none want to follow up on the threats. The threats should be handled accordingly. Edited by HvyMtl
[quote name='JC57' timestamp='1353210918' post='847438']How does he know who you voted for unless you volunteer the information? We have a secret ballot in this country last time I checked.[/quote]

Ha, I think it was supposed to be the honor system. I voted for Romney, but if I saw that sign I woulda turned around and gone somewhere else.
  • Like 2
[size=4][color=#001320][font=Arial]As a business owner I often choose not to offer our services to some people. That is what is great about living in a free country. We can still choose not to do business with someone. We usually are refusing to buy from someone but it is also refusing to sell to someone. Over the years I have learned a lesson. Bad business is worse than no business. We do not have to subject ourselves to people we do not want to associate with. At the same time no Obama voter has to shop with these guys. It’s still a free country go somewhere else. [/font][/color][/size]
  • Like 2
[quote name='45guy' timestamp='1353247052' post='847551'][size=4][color=#001320][font=Arial]As a business owner I often choose not to offer our services to some people. That is what is great about living in a free country. We can still choose not to do business with someone. We usually are refusing to buy from someone but it is also refusing to sell to someone. Over the years I have learned a lesson. Bad business is worse than no business. We do not have to subject ourselves to people we do not want to associate with. At the same time no Obama voter has to shop with these guys. It’s still a free country go somewhere else. [/font][/color][/size][/quote]

How is someone choosing to vote for a different candidate "bad business"? I'm going shooting with an Obama supporter after Thanksgiving. He has to buy his shooting supplies from somewhere. I doubt he is going into the store with an Obama shirt spouting off about how awful Romney woulda been. Pretty sure he just buys stuff the same as me.
I was not saying that selling to an Obama supporter is bad business. I have met some folks over the years that I know would be more trouble than they are worth and have choosen not to do business with that person. It's the fact that as a free person I can make the call not to offer my services to someone regardless of the reason.
This is a guy that truly put his money where his mouth is. Would I alienate 50% of the people at my gun store? Probably not, but I sure wouldn’t turn around and leave because of this guy’s sign. Many people felt like they had been kicked in the guts when Obama was reelected. I agree fully with his statement and would fully support him.
  • Like 1
[quote name='45guy' timestamp='1353247716' post='847555'] It's the fact that as a free person I can make the call not to offer my services to someone regardless of the reason.[/quote]

No one is disputing that.

The point is, to shut off all business to anyone who voted for a different candidate is a stupid business move and is pretty childish to boot.
  • Like 1
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1353248138' post='847561']

The point is, to shut off all business to anyone who voted for a different candidate is a stupid business move and is pretty childish to boot.
[/quote]
It may well be a stupid business move, but he said he is willing to accept the consequences if it is. But being a Patriot certainly isn’t childish.
  • Like 1
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1353248138' post='847561']
No one is disputing that.

[/quote]

My guess is his business has done very well since putting up the sign.
  • Like 1
[quote name='DaveTN' timestamp='1353248357' post='847562']
It may well be a stupid business move, but he said he is willing to accept the consequences if it is. But being a Patriot certainly isn’t childish.[/quote]

I don't see how it makes him a patriot. Would I be more of a patriot if I just disowned all my friends and family that voted for Obama? It is silly and childish, and equates to a temper tantrum similar to this secession nonsense. It is this sorta immature behavior that makes us such a divided country in regard to politics.
  • Like 1
[quote name='45guy' timestamp='1353248555' post='847567']

My guess is his business has done very well since putting up the sign.[/quote]

If so good for them. Maybe if I owned a business in New York I could attract more patrons by putting up a sign telling Romney voters to go elsewhere. Somehow I think your opinions of that business would be similar to my opinions of this gunstore.
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1353249022' post='847573']
If so good for them. Maybe if I owned a business in New York I could attract more patrons by putting up a sign telling Romney voters to go elsewhere. Somehow I think your opinions of that business would be similar to my opinions of this gunstore.
[/quote]

I would not shop there, that is as far as my opinion would take me. I would still respect his right to be stupid.
[quote name='TMF' timestamp='1353248562' post='847568']

I don't see how it makes him a patriot. Would I be more of a patriot if I just disowned all my friends and family that voted for Obama? It is silly and childish, and equates to a temper tantrum similar to this secession nonsense. It is this sorta immature behavior that makes us such a divided country in regard to politics.
[/quote]
Being supportive of his country to the point of possibly taking a financial hit is pretty patriotic. We need people that will step up; not step back or stay in the shadows. We are losing control of our economy which will lead to the demise of our country as we know it. This is pathetic; most Americans are standing by and watching while their country is going down the tubes and either do nothing or make excuses defending their actions that are causing this.
I am ambivalent toward the store itself, but a little concerned by the discontent of someone sharing their thoughts publically. Instead, welcome the fact that someone speaks their mind, for it allows you to know where you stand with them. Like it or not, it is not stupid, it is their right.

Just as it is a right to think some folks who speak out are nuttier than a fruitcake (comment not specific to this case).

I don't really blame the guy, but if I had a gun shop, I would take their money. I won't question the man's patriotism.

If I knew the buyer was a liberal, I might question his answer on the place on the 4473 about mental illness, though. :biglol:
I have a friend who has more guns than probably any of us, and he is an Obama supporter. We respectfully disagree
on one subject.