Al Mar Knives

Guest Capt. Thunder

Guest Capt. Thunder
I broke the pocket-clip on my auto Al Mar SERE 2000, several weeks ago. I sent several e-mails between then and now without a response. I got frustrated and googled the company's president's name to attempt to find a way to contact him directly. I did not fimd a way to contact him directly. I did find several several articles about fella by the same name in an incident where he had to use lethal force to protect himself. He subsequently got drug through the legal system to defend his action.

I called Al Mar today and it's president, Gary Fadden answered the phone. We discussed the broken clip.
He offered to send me a new clip for the price postage. I advised him that I have several of those knives. He told me that he would throw in an extra clip in case i break another one. They are great knives. I'll pick one up when I find one on sale.

So, I asked him if he was the same fella that had to defend himself with lethal force. It turned out that he is. We had a long conversation about his experience. He was very candid. He survived the ordeal. But it wasn't without temporarily losing financial stability.

If you want to read the story google the Gary Fadden Incident. Edited by Capt. Thunder
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I've heard of the Heckler and Koch rep that used an AC556 to defend himself before, but I never realized that the very same person it the president of Al Mar knives now! 

I bought a very large lot of knives and sold them for 400% profit. In the lot were two or three Al Mar knives. I had never heard of them up until them but I turned a pretty penny on them. That's when i realized that the Al Mar knives must be rather quite appreciated.

Awesome story, and I don't think you can beat the writing style found here:

http://www.davehayes.org/2006/02/10/the-gary-fadden-incident

It is a pity that defending one's life as well as that of a loved one can be such a legal and financial hassle. Of course it wouldn't have been as huge if he hadn't used a Ruger AC556 to defend himself, but then again depending on his choice he might not have lived if he didn't use the Ruger.

*Googling Al Mar knives now:)