TGO ride?

• Administrator

Ahh! A freakin' raptor too! Jealous

Yeah that's the grocery getter / tow vehicle.  My wife claims it as hers.

What's the gear ratio in the jeep? Looks really good. I love the 4 doors lifted.

Gear ratio isn't stock.  Came with 4.10 but it we installed 4.56 because of the bigger tires.  Wrenching on it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.  It's almost a weekly thing.

• Like 1

Ahh! A freakin' raptor too! Jealous

Yeah that's the grocery getter / tow vehicle. My wife claims it as hers.

What's the gear ratio in the jeep? Looks really good. I love the 4 doors lifted.

Gear ratio isn't stock. Came with 4.10 but it we installed 4.56 because of the bigger tires. Wrenching on it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. It's almost a weekly thing.

Yeah I know how that it is for sure. I went with 4.88 gears because my printed tire size was 35", after actual measurements they we 34.2. So the 4.88s were a bit strong for driving around town, but I could squeal the tires in 1st gear.

4.56 seems to be a perfect for the setup you have. Great jeep, and I love orange, and that has nothing to do with school affiliation.
  • Administrator

Yeah I know how that it is for sure. I went with 4.88 gears because my printed tire size was 35", after actual measurements they we 34.2. So the 4.88s were a bit strong for driving around town, but I could squeal the tires in 1st gear.

4.56 seems to be a perfect for the setup you have. Great jeep, and I love orange, and that has nothing to do with school affiliation.

I contemplated 4.88 but after doing the math the 4.56's were right where I needed the RPM to be given it's a daily driver.  I like to think of it as being the same color orange as the rocks out in Moab.  I'm not a Vols fan in the least.

/me waits for the angry villagers

4.56's for 35's? Im gonna go with 5.29's here soon, i called marlin crawler and thats what they recommended, on top of all the yota forums coming from guys with 2nd gen 4runners on 35's, probably because of the way underpowered 3.0v6. After my sas i would like to get some arb air lockers too. Your jeep comes from the factory with lockers doesnt it david?

Thats awesome that jeep goes that extra mile. I found a picture of what i want my 4runner to look like in the years coming. This isnt my picture, just pulled off the web. Idk if id go as far as a linked suspension, but its a thought. But its my background on my phone right now to keep me inspired lol

nahunysu.jpg

Edited by reed1285
  • Administrator

I did the Toyota FJ thing for a while and figured out pretty quick that I would never be able to get it to where I wanted it without spending 2x what the vehicle cost.  Solid front axle conversion, more power, etc.  It was a neat vehicle but just not practical.  The Jeep is loads more practical and so much cheaper to buy things for.

I'm digging the 4Runner though.  I always liked those.  :)

I contemplated 4.88 but after doing the math the 4.56's were right where I needed the RPM to be given it's a daily driver.  I like to think of it as being the same color orange as the rocks out in Moab.  I'm not a Vols fan in the least.

/me waits for the angry villagers

I assumed as much, that's why I said that.  Anytime you buy anything that's relatively orange color, people in this state automatically assume you have power T's on your undroos.  

4.56's for 35's? Im gonna go with 5.29's here soon, i called marlin crawler and thats what they recommended, on top of all the yota forums coming from guys with 2nd gen 4runners on 35's, probably because of the way underpowered 3.0v6. After my sas i would like to get some arb air lockers too. Your jeep comes from the factory with lockers doesnt it david?

it definitely depends on your power output.  Mine was a '97 4.0L inline 6 with a Jet Performance Chip.  I wanted to be able to drive to the trails and back home without having to trailer it.  If I had gone over 5:1 ratio, it wouldn't be fun on the paved road.   

Yeah unfortunately, TWRA officials were up there last weekend giving out warnings to anybody wheeling up there. It really sucks cause that was "the" spot for wheeling around here. Everybody went there Edited by reed1285