Dash Cam Video of Fatal Shooting of Ernest Duenez Jr. by Manteca Police

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make with this, if any?

While it's difficult to tell exactly what happened, if the man did in fact have a knife then I think the officer was justified in shooting...I've had enough training classes to know just how quickly someone can cover ground.

Edited by RobertNashville

Something does stink. Yeh, the round count is a bit high, but I am wondering if that's the price you pay for

parole violation. I couldn't tell what the perp had(knife or gun), but I didn't see anything pointed at the cop, either.

Did he also run a stop sign? I'm guessing the cop was waiting for him to arrest him, anyway, but I wonder about

the shooting, if only at first glance. I guess it's obvious I wasn't there. :D

I think the cop should have had another cop with him as back up, at least, if he was going after a felon. Glanced over that

DA's report and looked at the film more closely, but I still didn't see an aggressive move by the perp warranting emptying

his gun on him. I know the right person can cover a lot of ground seemingly in no time, but I didn't see this perp doing

anything like that. If all it takes is the mere appearance of a knife to do this, well, that answers itself, doesn't it?

Not passing judgement. There is something more to it than was covered by the article and the DA report. I imagine the

crack pipe played into it, also.

On one hand, I'm wondering what happened to shooting just enough to stop the threat (not that I agree with that). On the other hand, based on this guys arrest records, this cop did society a favor.

The officer clearly continued shooting after the guy was on the ground and no longer a threat, but I'm going to have a difficult time losing any sleep knowing there's one less dirtbag to worry about.
Edited by TripleDigitRide
I couldn't see the guys hands in the video, so I don't know what the officer saw. But, I've seen enough movies to know you can roll over snd get off a shot from the ground before you die. The way he clutched his stomach, I was afraid he was going for a gun in his waistband or something.

Cops says he saw a knife. Kinda hard to tell in the vid.

The corpse's lawyer sez he was tangled up in the seat belt. Can not see that either.

I'd call that a wash.

I do see a repeat felon attempting to either run or attack the cop. I'm fine with the outcome.

;)

• Like 1