Dianne Feinstein said today (12/16/12) she will introduce a new AWB on first day of new Congress.

Obama made the statement today that passing gun control legislation will be difficult.

Looks like he's already giving himself an out when it gets shot down in the House. Then he can blame it on the Republicans like he always does. 

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 1
[quote name="DaddyO" post="863843" timestamp="1355965941"]Obama made the statement today that passing gun control legislation will be difficult.   Looks like he's already giving himself an out when it gets shot down in the House. Then he can blame it on the Republicans like he always does. [/quote]More like setting up for an end run.

Video games or Black Sabbath don't cause people to kill, there's deeper issues here and there's no logic placing blame on mindless objects.

Someone once quoted on here, "assault is a behavior not a device, humans assault people; the instrument used is not relevant".

Preaching to the choir for the most part but this quote should be instilled in everyones memory.

Edited by kieefer
  • Like 2

I really feel an AWB is coming.  You have traditional pro 2A Senators that are leaning to supporting this, like Joe Manchin and Harry Reid.  Also, you have a Republican House with an incompetent leader who threatens his own party members with their Committee-ships at the first sign of disagreement with him.  BHO has Boehner over a barrel. BHO has always gotten he wants his whole life and no one has stood up to him.  He will end up getting the budget he wants, or he will just punish us little people by letting us go off that fiscal cliff. He will also strong arm Boehner into an AWB.  The best thing we can do is contact our Senators and U.S. Representatives and letting them know how we feel as citizens and voters.  Also, make sure you membership is current with the NRA an maybe try and donate to them in these hard times.  We need to remind our Congress that we are a country goverened by the People.

• Like 1
I really feel an AWB is coming.  You have traditional pro 2A Senators that are leaning to supporting this, like Joe Manchin and Harry Reid.  Also, you have a Republican House with an incompetent leader who threatens his own party members with their Committee-ships at the first sign of disagreement with him.  BHO has Boehner over a barrel. BHO has always gotten he wants his whole life and no one has stood up to him.  He will end up getting the budget he wants, or he will just punish us little people by letting us go off that fiscal cliff. He will also strong arm Boehner into an AWB.  The best thing we can do is contact our Senators and U.S. Representatives and letting them know how we feel as citizens and voters.  Also, make sure you membership is current with the NRA an maybe try and donate to them in these hard times.  We need to remind our Congress that we are a country goverened by the People.

Joe manchin is NOT pro 2nd amend. He is a two faced hypocrit no worse than fine stink. He said he has never had to load more than three rounds in a "clip" to hunt and its time to have a " discussion" about gun control. What a pig.
  • Like 2
I don't think Boehner will let anything out of committee.  If you can't pass a bill in the House, it does not become law.  Boehner has laid low about this.

Starting to sound likely Boehner won't be Speaker much longer.

We'll see if they go more conservative or the other way.

The House is the heaviest lift on this, the 94 AWB only passed by 2 votes and the House was heavily Dem controlled at the time. This is not to say they won't pass something or other in these crazy times, though.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

Reid and Manchin are turncoat NRA rainy day pro-gunners. They are not worth mentioning. Anyway, the House will

call the shots and Boehner is only over a barrel, not because of Obama, but his own stupidity and the GOP's continuous

desire to reach across the aisle. He has pissed off the Tea Party guys so much and alienated the regular Republicans

that he needs to start crying when hopefully he gets his ass handed back to him and we have a new Speaker.

Obama can't strong arm anyone in the Republican Party. Boehner is not competent, that's all.

This thread is about a possible AWB so I just want to know if they care anything about my Yugo SKS.... factory configuration with a measly ten round mag. I would have started a new thread but I'm stuck with just my phone using Tapatalk and don't know how to or think I can start a new one. Thx for any info and don't mean to hijack. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Do you think if they go for one or two,
right now, they won't go for the rest in
the future?
Your SKS isn't any safer than any other
gun. One gun banned now just means one less to ban in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This thread is about a possible AWB so I just want to know if they care anything about my Yugo SKS.... factory configuration with a measly ten round mag. I would have started a new thread but I'm stuck with just my phone using Tapatalk and don't know how to or think I can start a new one. Thx for any info and don't mean to hijack. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Why would your SKS not be considered an assault rifle?  It was a military weapon,  that's in a military caliber, is semi-automatic and most still have bayonets or an attachment that will allow a bayonet.  The Gun Grabbers will lump it right in with the ARs, and AKs and Ruger Mini-14s this time.  They know that they got rooked the last time around.  If a new AWB is passed it will not have all the loopholes the last one did.  I bet money, if they think they can get them, they will go after all semi-automatic long guns.  There will also go after high capacity magazines for pistols as well.

[quote name='Moped' timestamp='1356191522' post='866123']This thread is about a possible AWB so I just want to know if they care anything about my Yugo SKS.... factory configuration with a measly ten round mag. I would have started a new thread but I'm stuck with just my phone using Tapatalk and don't know how to or think I can start a new one. Thx for any info and don't mean to hijack. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2 Why would your SKS not be considered an assault rifle?  It was a military weapon,  that's in a military caliber, is semi-automatic and most still have bayonets or an attachment that will allow a bayonet.  The Gun Grabbers will lump it right in with the ARs, and AKs and Ruger Mini-14s this time.  They know that they got rooked the last time around.  If a new AWB is passed it will not have all the loopholes the last one did.  I bet money, if they think they can get them, they will go after all semi-automatic long guns.  There will also go after high capacity magazines for pistols as well.[/quote] I do think it would be targeted just like an AK. Bayo, golf golf ball launcher, etc. I have heard so much about ARs lately but it seems like nobody even talks about the SKS and it's future in this country. Maybe I was just hoping the SKS would fly under the radar but I never expected it to. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I understand.  I just don't think you can assume anything with these people.  They see an opening for a knockout blow to the hated 2nd Amendment and they are going to swing a haymaker, hoping that it will hit.  They will take all that we let them have and more.  We have to stand together and say NO, We will not let that happen!  Every Firearms owner should be in the fight, regardless of whether you own a "Black Rifle" or not, because the others will be next.

Edited by Moped
Starting to sound likely Boehner won't be Speaker much longer.

We'll see if they go more conservative or the other way.

The House is the heaviest lift on this, the 94 AWB only passed by 2 votes and the House was heavily Dem controlled at the time. This is not to say they won't pass something or other in these crazy times, though.

- OS

Boehner is anything but conservative. I'm not so sure Cantor would be any better, but I know what would be a hoot if it

did happen. Instead of nominating Gingrich, they should nominate Allen West to Speaker, since it would put him where

he could do a lot of damage to the commies.

However it goes, even if Boehner continues as Speaker, and since he has already indicated he would play the right game

again, to only keep his seat, things will likely become a slight bit more conservative. Unfortunately, it won't be enough for

me. Until they show some balls and push back hard, they are a lost cause to me. The idea that Boehner was allowed to

climb to the Speaker position astounds me. He is not a Speaker. Just a loud mouth compromiser.

Boehner is anything but conservative. I'm not so sure Cantor would be any better, but I know what would be a hoot if it

did happen. Instead of nominating Gingrich, they should nominate Allen West to Speaker, since it would put him where

However it goes, even if Boehner continues as Speaker, and since he has already indicated he would play the right game

again, to only keep his seat, things will likely become a slight bit more conservative. Unfortunately, it won't be enough for

me. Until they show some balls and push back hard, they are a lost cause to me. The idea that Boehner was allowed to

climb to the Speaker position astounds me. He is not a Speaker. Just a loud mouth compromiser.

Didn't you guys ever see Invasion of The Body Snatchers?

Something happens to people when they go to Washington.  I swear, the've got a warehouse of conservatives hidden somewhere in D.C.  They may arrive that way, but...

and btw, Gingrich came out yesterday and said that the GOP now needs to embrace so-called 'gay marriage'.  I already knew I was over him 20+ years ago, this just clinches it.  Seems like he has 'evolved' like 0-dipstick did.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/20/inside-politics-gingrich-evolves-on-gay-marriage/

I'm gonna defend Boehner a little. If we go over the cliff, it could increase the chances of losing the House in the midterms. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes right now. Saying no to small tax increases can be the same as saying yes to major ones. If we lose the house, life is gonna suck at a whole new level.

..., they should nominate Allen West to Speaker, since it would put him where

he could do a lot of damage to the commies....

+1 on the Allen West nomination. Depending if there is enough conservatives in Washington to support him. He could really turn things around. 

West will no longer be a Representative on Jan 3, so obviously can't be Speaker.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot