Are you concealing better?

I generally conceal so no change.  I did open carry my handgun this weekend in Arkansas when I deer hunted and going to and from my hunting spot.  I'm sure someone saw me at the gas station with my gun on my belt.  Open carried my handgun at my kin's house when we had a lunch break from hunting.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BigK" data-cid="862999" data-time="1355878795"><p>
My Crossbreed Supertuck and an untucked shirt are business as usual. If you see me printing, you're looking already.</p></blockquote>

X2, I only usually wear a t-shirt year round unless it's really cold then I might wear a hoodie or a jacket, then even if you are looking you won't be able to see, it.

I used to carry openly, mainly because it was more comfortable. A few months ago people started giving me hateful looks or staring, looking at me like I was going to rob someone. I dress nice and still have a high and tight, so a hoodlum I DONT resemble. It all came to an end one night at Wally World when I kept getting looked at and finally said.... well I cant say that but I pulled my sweatshirt over it and went about my way shopping.

These two employees in electronics kept staring at me, obviously because I was printing a little, and next thing I know this guy is following me all over the store. Now this is like 11:30 at night, and being former military its ingrained in me to notice people who obviously are following you. Lets just say WallyWorld doesn't put much training in these guys. Next thing I know, as Im paying and about to leave, two male employees come up to my register and pretend to be stocking the aisle way  all the time watching me.

As I walk out, the guy who had been following me was standing outside, like he was either waiting for me or someone else. As I walked to my vehicle, he waits then starts to follow me. As I get in my truck and am about to pull out, I see a patrol car pulling in and the guy waves at the cops and tries to get their attention. I just went on about my business. But really?

Either you're a bad guy if you carry openly in some people's eyes, or if you conceal and print a little bit, you're a bad guy. So from now on I guess Ill just conceal well and keep the sheeple from dashing out of the gates.

I used to carry openly, mainly because it was more comfortable. A few months ago people started giving me hateful looks or staring, looking at me like I was going to rob someone. I dress nice and still have a high and tight, so a hoodlum I DONT resemble. It all came to an end one night at Wally World when I kept getting looked at and finally said.... well I cant say that but I pulled my sweatshirt over it and went about my way shopping.

These two employees in electronics kept staring at me, obviously because I was printing a little, and next thing I know this guy is following me all over the store. Now this is like 11:30 at night, and being former military its ingrained in me to notice people who obviously are following you. Lets just say WallyWorld doesn't put much training in these guys. Next thing I know, as Im paying and about to leave, two male employees come up to my register and pretend to be stocking the aisle way  all the time watching me.

As I walk out, the guy who had been following me was standing outside, like he was either waiting for me or someone else. As I walked to my vehicle, he waits then starts to follow me. As I get in my truck and am about to pull out, I see a patrol car pulling in and the guy waves at the cops and tries to get their attention. I just went on about my business. But really?

Either you're a bad guy if you carry openly in some people's eyes, or if you conceal and print a little bit, you're a bad guy. So from now on I guess Ill just conceal well and keep the sheeple from dashing out of the gates.

Bless their hearts

Edited by gnmwilliams
No change for me. In fact I've quit tucking a shirt in over the gun and adding an extra barrier, plus its winter so more jackets and better conceal.

I spotted someone today carrying. He was paying the meter in Market Square with wife and 3 kids. All I saw was the clip on the belt then the outling through the shirt. I always try to guess who would be and look. Didn't bother me in the least. Was glad to see it. A man protecting his family.
Guest DarylDixon

I will admit that at my son's Christmas play this afternoon (not in a school) I was feeling very self conscious. Even though I had a jacket on and I know no one could see it,  I felt very uncomfortable, because I know that if any of the parents saw my pistol in this room full of 5 year olds and their parents, that it could turn really ugly really quickly in light of recent events. 

Adam Lanza...what a prick.

Guest DarylDixon
No change for me. In fact I've quit tucking a shirt in over the gun and adding an extra barrier, plus its winter so more jackets and better conceal.

I spotted someone today carrying. He was paying the meter in Market Square with wife and 3 kids. All I saw was the clip on the belt then the outling through the shirt. I always try to guess who would be and look. Didn't bother me in the least. Was glad to see it. A man protecting his family.

Ha! That could have been me. Protecting my 3 little kids in Knox with an XD!

DarylDixon
"Ha! That could have been me. Protecting my 3 little kids in Knox with an XD!" (Quote didn't work on my phone)

If it was 20 minutes ago and you were wearing a black shirt it was lol.

Keep calm and CARRY on. Edited by XD_TN

Just changed to a different holster for my shield. Mainly for comfort though. Got a 5.11 holster shirt for christmas. It works great, carried out and about, and no need to worry about shirts rising up. Nobody saw a print,and had nobody following me around. Only drawback is, i'll need another one to keep from having to always wash this one.

Best thing is, it will work for both the glock and the shield, for left handers or right handers. And if I want to I can use the other holster area as a pocket for my cell-phone/wallet/etc.. if out running or cycling and not having any extra pockets.