For those of you who support the NRA....

Guest sventvkg

There is nothing to compromise.  This idiot was not able to lawfully possess a handgun because he was under 21, in the commission of a felony, carried at a school unlawfully.  He did not buy these guns from a private individual or an FFL.  He STOLE those guns.  Again another felony.

So the answer is to roll over and give them what they want?  So we can wait until the next mass killing by a evil doer who is aided by their silly laws, so they can come back and ask for more again?

Where does the appeasement stop in your mind?

As for rebellion being messy, yes you're right...  but I'd much rather that messy misery start while I and you (and all otherwise law abiding citizens) are still armed, and not at the mercy of stronger men and despots.  

I don't know if there is anything we can do today to save this country from shattering under it's own weight, I hope I'm wrong, but I fear I'm not.

But we shouldn't be willing to trade rights for the promise of security, because we will end up with neither.

Throwing around words like "appeasement" and phrases like "roll over" is exactly the same as is done by those on the left when they use phrases like "assault weapons" or "high capacity clips' or "cop killer bullets". Such phrases only serve to inflame the other side and try to make the opposing view look foolish or crazy...they also severely limit the possibility of real discussion.

I'm not willing to appease or roll over...I'm also not going to take up arms and I refuse any suggestion, overt or covert, that appeasement or civil war are the only choices.

This guy is not registering anything he owns.

This guy is not paying any taxes on anything he owns.

This guy is not letting anything he owns be turned into NFA items.

This guy is not giving up anything he owns.

This guy is not willing to "compromise".

Guns, mags, ammo or anything else that "goes up".

This guy is not willing to rebel with armed force.

This guy is not willing to fight with law enforcement agencies at any level.

This guy is not willing to sit in jail.

I will let my hired representatives and the NRA fight it out. If that fails, I will take to the streets of my state capitol to protest and demand the state refuse the federal regulations and defend anyone under the TN Firearms Freedom Act - with force from local/state law enforcement if needed.

If that fails, I will reconsider what I am willing to do. Course at that time, there will not be much left to loose, so who knows what I will be willing to do.

Edited by strickj

Not a fan here but I heard 8000 new members a day in one news clip. That does say something but I am not sure what .  I feel you earn members respect by doing the will of the members as long as it is not illeagal . They in some ways are much like the RINO's who belong to a party that stands for one thing but they continue to do another.  It is like voting for the lesser of 2 evils . You can expect a compromise but there should be no compromise at all . We have already lost a bunch of our rights in the last decade and I am talking about our freedom .

I have no problem with a simple background check to make sure you do not have a criminal record . But that is it . I believe that the first NFA was and is against our constitutional rights . Some states do not need the serial number and weapon type , make , model when doing the background check . We are one of the ones that does . WHY ? All thay need to be doing is to make sure I can leagally own a firearm. I have heard that it is to make sure that it is not stolen . The dealer should have a record of where he purchased it and already know the firearm is not stolen , so that doesn't hold water with me.  

I have been thinking of joining again after 20 years of not being a member . I still have not made up my mind but I don't see that we have much to choose from . I have listened to Larry Pratt from Gun Owners of America and pretty much agreed with what he said. However I know there are a ton more NRA members.  

I am still thinking about holding my nose and joining again , but it will not be because I want to or that they have earned my respect .

. Some states do not need the serial number and weapon type , make , model when doing the background check . We are one of the ones that does .

There are no exceptions listed in instructions to FFL for this section on 4473, so I don't think that's an accurate statement.

As always, completely fine with being proved wrong, but I think it's more accurate to say that some states which have gun registration in one form or other retain that information, most don't, but it must be entered for purchases in every state. It's a federal form after all, not a state specific one.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest Mad4rcn
I do not see any room for compromise in the phrase "shall not be infringed". 2A has been watered down enough already.

Should be easy enough for the simple man to understand this.

I may have not made myself clear . Yes , the info must be on the form as to the firearm purchased . But I have had several people from other states tell me that they do not have to give the firearm information over the phone when running a background check just the information on the person buying the firearm .  At first I was being told that I must have misunderstood what they were saying when they were giving the serial number and type. They then came back and said they had checked and Tennessee was one of the few to require such info at the time of purchase . Of coarse again this is not fact but what I have been told . Not living in any other state during the ages that I could buy a firearm , I don't know for sure .

My thoughts were if they asked for it then it would be in some file somewhere in a data base. But remember I do not trust anything the Government says.

I may have not made myself clear . Yes , the info must be on the form as to the firearm purchased . But I have had several people from other states tell me that they do not have to give the firearm information over the phone when running a background check just the information on the person buying the firearm

I can tell you, from maybe a year and half ago when I last bought guns where they phoned them in, the exact model and serial number was not communicated by FFL. Only the type of firearm, "rifle" "shotgun" "handgun".

I don't know what's now communicated with most all transactions being done via 'puter transmission, but hopefully a current FFL will chime in to clear that question up.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

There are no exceptions listed in instructions to FFL for this section on 4473, so I don't think that's an accurate statement.

As always, completely fine with being proved wrong, but I think it's more accurate to say that some states which have gun registration in one form or other retain that information, most don't, but it must be entered for purchases in every state. It's a federal form after all, not a state specific one.

- OS

You have to remember that whats on the 4473 is separate from the national background check.  I'm pretty sure that in states that use the federal background check do not provide the make, model or serial number as part of the background check.

Another problem with the unconstitutional TICS system we have here.

You have to remember that whats on the 4473 is separate from the national background check.  I'm pretty sure that in states that use the federal background check do not provide the make, model or serial number as part of the background check.

Another problem with the unconstitutional TICS system we have here.

See my above post. I'm not sure TN provides that either. They didn't when last I heard them called in, standing right at counter, but don't know what's transmitted on the electronic version, maybe the whole thing, maybe not, waiting on an FFL to confirm.

- OS

I know I bought at least 6 this summer that I heard them plain as could be ,give the  make ,model , caliber and serial number over the phone .  

Separate question: pretty rare for FFLs to still be doing this over the phone?

Edited by Oh Shoot